Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Side skirts....worth it?

Hayabusa

HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lunatic Fringe
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 WB Redeye, Sublime
Hey guys, I love these. Does anyone know where I can get extra yellow front spoiler shipping protectors, the new strip ones? How many do you think I'll need to cover both sides? :eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O:cry::LOL::ROFLMAO::poop:

Obviously kidding but...someone will do it!

I do like the protection these offer and will check it out. Thanks for posting, especially pics!

Davoo376

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Boston
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 Hellcat Challenger
If you had a widebody you would understand the protection they give
If they add protection to the factory flares and paint then great! I would think PPF would be the better option if paint damage is the primary concern. They do look nice 👍.

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
If they add protection to the factory flares and paint then great! I would think PPF would be the better option if paint damage is the primary concern. They do look nice .
This lower plastic piece at the front bottom of the rear flares gets pelted badly. Mine has some damage from only a couple thousand miles before the zl1 side skirts came out. I also have Xpel on the flares as well as other places and it gets peppered too but alot better with those side skirts.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

VARedEye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Martinsburg
State
WV
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye
View attachment 17992
I have the ZL1 Add Ons as well. I like how they look and I’ve used the built in front pinch weld mount with zero issues so far. Not sure how much they protect anything though.
@Confuzed1 ZL1 makes a model specifically for the wide body as well.
Sick looking cat brotha👍

VARedEye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Martinsburg
State
WV
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye
If they add protection to the factory flares and paint then great! I would think PPF would be the better option if paint damage is the primary concern. They do look nice 👍.
Already have ppf and its working but will most likely need replaced soon even with mud guards it still takes a beating. Hoping the side skirts will be the final touch

Davoo376

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Boston
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 Hellcat Challenger
Sick looking cat brotha👍
Already have ppf and its working but will most likely need replaced soon even with mud guards it still takes a beating. Hoping the side skirts will be the final touch
Thank you!
I hope these side skirts help you guys out!🍻

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Running boards...on a modern car?!?
i was about to dig out my thompson and head to chicago to knock over a few banks and speak easies

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
i was about to dig out my thompson and head to chicago to knock over a few banks and speak easies
Can I ride along too?
I've got everything I need.....

heat.gif

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
That's an awesome movie. One of the only movies where the sound was actually recorded on site instead of added in post production. Watch that in a theatre or on a class A AV set up and its like you're right there.

Might knock over a few speak easies, but I'll actually pass on the banks. Risk / reward just ain't there unless you're talking the Federal Reserve....

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Well yes wouldn't you do it ?
They would look cute on your HC :LOL:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
That's an awesome movie. One of the only movies where the sound was actually recorded on site instead of added in post production. Watch that in a theatre or on a class A AV set up and its like you're right there.

Might knock over a few speak easies, but I'll actually pass on the banks. Risk / reward just ain't there unless you're talking the Federal Reserve....
I was working at the Light Rail in LA when this was filmed. The opening scene where he gets off the light rail was filmed at Marine (Redondo Beach) station which was the western end of the line (Green Line). They filmed that during the middle of the night. We were down below in the parking lot in case anything went wrong with the train. We were off to the left, out of scene when he comes down the escalator. (Fun fact: that particular station has a lot of space memoribilia such as satellite parts incorporated into the decor because it is surrounded by aerospace companies). There are other shots of the Green Line in the movie as well such as the one down the middle of the freeway when Al Pacino is trying to catchup to Deniro.
I saw the movie when it originally came out, and it's one of my favs to play appreciably loud on my home theater system.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Well yes wouldn't you do it ?
They would look cute on your HC :LOL:
Umm, let me think about that...................NO!

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Check out @FamilyCustoms on IG. They do some really nice work for the Mopar cars.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
I get it but yeah...no...

Is it a 700+HP muscle car or a 80-passenger commuter bus?

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Jack the car off? 😂😂😂😂 very funny Tony..
I don't think you can lift the car by the pinch weld with the side skirts on. I lift the front by the frame rail with this puck and the rear by the factory lifting puck. View attachment 17915
Is that a smoke detector?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I was getting a little worried when the discussion turned to lifting the skirts...or with them.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I am much more manly than all of you. I use side kilts.

trancein

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Plainfield
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 ScatPack WideBody (PCP)
Straight from the site about using the built in jack points in the side skirts....

Our body kit offering for the 2008 to 2014 Challenger is a custom design setup to add a more aggressive yet muscle look to your vehicle. The side skirts are made of 1/4 black ABS. Our side skirts mount with our exclusive mounting hardware (No drilling) and is on the car very sturdy. As a bonus we have designed front (large) jack pads into the splitter mounting hardware design. These products are built to order, please note build lead times below.

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
Well, here goes that noob/jackass Ronin necro-bumping posts again...

ANYWAY while I anxiously await delivery I'm doing a metric ton of research and @Paladin06 has what I like to call the sore dick setup for standard body Hellcats, you can't beat it!; ZL1 splash guards and side skirts along with Lil' Devil fender flares...so I hope he doesn't mind when I straight up copy his azz! I'm gonna do the ZL1 stuff from Jump Street, gonna have to pick up a paper route or something and start saving up for flares; they're pricey but from the looks/sounds of it, they're worth it and you get your money's worth. I'm not down on wide bodies but I do like the look of this setup and plan on running a staggered setup at some point and that combo seems to do the trick...