Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

so who was it?

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
When I loose traction, it's always anticipated, that is I expect it to happen, right? 'Cause like many, I have the knowledge and experience to understand when, and how it's happening.

I also don't have 20 other things going on, frankly, I don't have anything else going on like a passenger doing or saying shit that he/she shouldn't be, radio dominating the environment, etc.

And I also have a plan, yup, really, a plan, an escape route, a plan B, an "oh shit" place to go...

I'm not pandering to a crowd, I'm not living other people's dreams, I'm driving my car... "my" car...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Good thing he had his air dam protectors on
What did you expect....His last two cars were Mustangs....;);)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
When I loose traction, it's always anticipated, that is I expect it to happen, right? 'Cause like many, I have the knowledge and experience to understand when, and how it's happening.

I also don't have 20 other things going on, frankly, I don't have anything else going on like a passenger doing or saying shit that he/she shouldn't be, radio dominating the environment, etc.

And I also have a plan, yup, really, a plan, an escape route, a plan B, an "oh shit" place to go...

I'm not pandering to a crowd, I'm not living other people's dreams, I'm driving my car... "my" car...

And you have the clutch...works wonders in a traction issue...

Last edited:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

Bottom line "spinning isn't winning" Every once in awhile I will see someone at the track just spinning through a couple of gears. this isn't a burnout contest:LOL:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I spin and slide a little almost every time I drive. I think its fun, but I always back off.
For me, that's different. I get sometimes to about 30 degrees out (more often only 10 or 15 degrees) at this one place, and it's controlled, expected, and fine. But its playing. If you're at the track or racing anywhere, the first time you spin, that race is over. Just forget it, not worth the risk; you're trying to push the car for maximum performance and I've never seen anyone come back to win - seen them come back and "finish" the race without wiping out plenty of times. But also seen the 100+ degree turn into the wall, or the bar ditch, on coming traffic, or even the 180 facing oncoming traffic. Just not worth it. Line up again. If you spin, you spin, spazing out ain't gonna fix it.

Check this ridiculousness (some)....

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
For me, that's different. I get sometimes to about 30 degrees out (more often only 10 or 15 degrees) at this one place, and it's controlled, expected, and fine. But its playing. If you're at the track or racing anywhere, the first time you spin, that race is over. Just forget it, not worth the risk; you're trying to push the car for maximum performance and I've never seen anyone come back to win - seen them come back and "finish" the race without wiping out plenty of times. But also seen the 100+ degree turn into the wall, or the bar ditch, on coming traffic, or even the 180 facing oncoming traffic. Just not worth it. Line up again. If you spin, you spin, spazing out ain't gonna fix it.

Check this ridiculousness (some)....

Watching that makes me wanna go melt mine off right now lol.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Shift happens!

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
The Redeye has been spinning for two seasons now more often than hooking up. Looked close at the sector times it has run compared to the ‘15 yesterday. Very interesting numbers, it is trashing the ‘15 in the short corners, where the track has consistent concrete or good asphalt, but slow as hell up the drag strip straight and the second longest straight. That glue when dry is a bitch with certain tires and all the power we have. When the pavement has rubber on it, and is not smooth in the other straight is really giving it problems. These things are a bitch to get really set up and hooked up right.

It is one thing for us old rear wheel drive experienced in snow, driving for 50 years, and have a few high HP car experiences to screw with these. But when the inexperienced just let it rip? Nada, problems. You just can’t drive out of problems with these cars, you need to LIFT! That right foot better be able to lift faster than it can be depressed!

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Ouch, that hurts & sucks.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Track insurance??

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Why? Say I have 20 track days at $500 = $10k. I have self paid $3,300 once. So I am still $6k ahead and counting.

Trucker Bob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Out of IL. Thank God
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger M6
You can hear the guy at the 10sec mark after his "burnout" "This guy don't konw what the phuck he's doing"