Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Some dealers asking $100,000-plus for Daytona-edition Dodge Charger SRT Hellcats

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Stealerships for sure with few exceptions. My biggest beef with FCA is how they flooded the market with 2016 HC's, offered crazy low lease payments to get out from under them and then bastardized/diluted the HC brand by taking many unique HC features and putting them on lower end models. Hell, if I am driving down the road and encounter another Challenger it's difficult to determine if it's a HC or not. Some say that "Oh that's just what manufacturers do blah blah blah" but my opinion is that's not a good long term vision if you are interested in keeping a customer long term. Love my HC but not sure I would give Dodge my business in the future based on some of the promotional gymnastics observed. Agree with the comments regarding the Daytona upcharging by Dealers. Someone will probably buy them but it won't be me. Ford plays the same game with their "latest and greatest" models too so FCA isn't alone. Rant over.
None of that really bothers me because I just wanted a HC in my life. I got to spec it exactly how I wanted and couldn't care less about the other guy. I guess I am weird like that.

In five years or so these cars are going to become a footnote in muscle car history. They will be a thing of lore and legend. Spoken about over the sweet digital glow of the fireplace app on your phone.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
None of that really bothers me because I just wanted a HC in my life. I got to spec it exactly how I wanted and couldn't care less about the other guy. I guess I am weird like that.

In five years or so these cars are going to become a footnote in muscle car history. They will be a thing of lore and legend. Spoken about over the sweet digital glow of the fireplace app on your phone.
This is twice now that I agree with you 100% lol.
We need to call Guiness.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Same can be said of these 4 door Chargers.:oops:
Agreed with your post but that's not meant to irritate Charger owner's. To each his own. If you like that car, all well and good. But to me that car in NO way resembles or is an "omage" to the original like the Challenger is to the original. If Mopar just named it something else, something new, I'd be ok with it. But when you say Charger I think of the original not the new one at all. Sorry that's just MHO.
Also,for 100K it's gotta have way more added to the mix than decals and name plates.

Last edited:

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
This is twice now that I agree with you 100% lol.
We need to call Guiness.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
But a prostitute is right once a day with me.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Agreed with your post but that's not meant to irritate Charger owner's. To each his own. If you like that car, all well and good. But to me that car in NO way resembles or is an "omage" to the original like the Challenger is to the original. If Mopar just named it something else, something new, I'd be ok with it. But when you say Charger I think of the original not the new one at all. Sorry that's just MHO.
Also,for 100K it's gotta have way more added to the mix than decals and name plates.
First, I am an old Mopar guy. After 40 years of waiting for Ma Mopar to come up with a car that I could like, I have adopted the new Chargers. I think the R/T and SRT Chargers carry the Charger’s legacy just fine. However, if they wanted to have a special edition $90K Daytona Hellcat, the least they could have done is come up with a 2 door version with a better spoiler!

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
First, I am an old Mopar guy. After 40 years of waiting for Ma Mopar to come up with a car that I could like, I have adopted the new Chargers. I think the R/T and SRT Chargers carry the Charger’s legacy just fine. However, if they wanted to have a special edition $90K Daytona Hellcat, the least they could have done is come up with a 2 door version with a better spoiler!
Funny, I met a guy a few weeks ago while I was out with my RE doing a mini road trip to go get something. He was an older Mopar guy too. He had the new Charger also (think he was on his 2cnd or gonna get his 2cnd) and loved it. The thing that shocked me though was that he owned an original Charger or two from back in the day. I can't believe even some veteran original Charger owners take to the new body with ease.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I have two, a 2013 Daytona R/T Super Track Pack and my 2016 HC. I’m just glad to be able to get a full sized sedan that is actually full sized and is not a Chrysler 300. The Hellcat is expected to be fast but my 5.7 is pretty respectable too. I ran it a very few times just for a couple of time trials and it has gone a best of 13.40@103.75 with a 1.91 60’ in pure stock trim with the original Goodyear Summer tires on it. That is as fast as any 68-71 440 Charger ever went in stock trim and probably would keep up with most of the pure stock 426 Chargers back in the day. It has almost 136,000 trouble free miles on it and I would drive it cross Country tomorrow. These cars today are great! BC626F06-4E50-4068-A78E-EE3B95E8D429.jpeg

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Saw this posted up.

FB_IMG_1579099747748.jpg

Aside from ADJ...$195 for Nitrogen.

Beautiful car but no thanks.

Here is pic of car.

FB_IMG_1579100463744.jpg

Last edited:

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
$295 for wheel locks! I am pretty sure I can get the same ones over the Dodge parts counter for $49.99

Phizzle

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat
What is "red aleart"?

Again, this "Daytona Edition" is ugly as shit, no offense. I love chargers but this one just looks like the inbred kid of a widebody challenger and non-widebody charger.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
What is "red aleart"?

Again, this "Daytona Edition" is ugly as shit, no offense. I love chargers but this one just looks like the inbred kid of a widebody challenger and non-widebody charger.
Funny you mentioned that. Not a fan of the looks as well.

762CAT

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere in...
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat Challenger & Charger
I was half shopping for a widebody Charger to replace my current Charger Hellcat but I'm to attached to my destroyer grey. Anyway all I can find is the Daytona model it seems they are everywhere and plenty at MSRP. Charging ADM on a car that is relatively unchanged over multiple model years is laughable. There is literally zero market demand for a Daytona Hellcat Charger to warrant any ADM. I also think Dodges pricing on the new widebody Chargers is aggressive and historically unwarranted when you look back at the history of the Hellcats. Every year they end up selling em for next to nothing by years end.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
They could have changed the wheels and updated the Daytona stripe? I like my Daytona decal way better than the newer models. It’s a lot closer to the classic Daytona ID. At least you can read it. BBB21EA0-5E19-4080-8FF4-A868905B04E3.jpeg

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
Just like the 15 Hellcat was when it hit the stealership. 15k to 25k ADM .

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
You can always go this route Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 4.29.08 PM.png

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
As I said elsewhere, the illusion has become real. And I **** on the illusion.

Hell, I mostly buy used cars (meticulous about which ones) to avoid overpaying for driving off the lot with the new car, so no way hell I'd pay dealer mark up. Of course, for some people, they don't care, or have so much money it doesn't matter. I's not part of those crowds.....

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
lol, get this: I've personally always thought the Daytona was ugly as ****. Respect its history and performance, but that is one ugly turd burglar.