Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Something new July 8?

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
This same topic is being discussed on the other forum. Someone over has been debating with me about it saying how Dodge isnt being forced but rather that the demand is there. Almost spit my coffee out laughing. There is no way that the kings of ICE hp, the manufacturer that owns the muscle car world with the wildly popular Challenger which sells like hotcakes, would willingly abandon the cash cow for the unknown. He said it’s not the unknown and that demand has shown itself. Maybe there’s a daily driver market developing but Ive yet to see many positive posts on the forums. I do think it will be badass but I DONT see a demand for an electric Hellcat yet. Is it the way of the future? Yeah. But just because Tesla sells like crazy doesnt mean everyone is suddenly now clamoring for electric Hellcats.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Would you mind to expanding a bit? I am thinking about adding one of them and I'm doing a lot of digging/research. Both seem interesting but different. I am a big fan of supercharging (duh!) esp over lagging turbos but the 65's V12 is still intriguing. Much rarer too.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Curious what you would go for if given a choice. A P30 equipped supercharged V8 SL 55 or a V-12 BiTurbo SL 65?
Sl65 all day, the sl55 has more mod-ability but the 65 is so much more rare and will hold its value way better, plus the reliability will be there when it's stock.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Would you mind to expanding a bit? I am thinking about adding one of them and I'm doing a lot of digging/research. Both seem interesting but different. I am a big fan of supercharging (duh!) esp over lagging turbos but the 65's V12 is still intriguing. Much rarer too.
I like the S from way back. Different animal than the E, but fits my preferences better. To me, E is more like an M sport while the S is a well appointed living room that can kick ass. I'm quirky like that. S is more like a tank, like the hellcat too.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
I like the S from way back. Different animal than the E, but fits my preferences better. To me, E is more like an M sport while the S is a well appointed living room that can kick ass. I'm quirky like that. S is more like a tank, like the hellcat too.
I agree on S. I was specifically curious about why u like SL65 bi-turbo > SL55 supercharged...

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
He meant sl55 vs sl65 mag.

I'm on the opposite end though, the S was for the old man but the E was for the emerging young businessman that didn't mind going 80 mph around a curve, the S was obviously bigger with a more roomy interior and more luxurious.

Also exhausts could be modded for the E and not to be too out of place, but you look like a buffoon if you mod an S class to sound louder.

Different purposes

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I agree on S. I was specifically curious about why u like SL65 bi-turbo > SL55 supercharged...
I will say that renntech makes some solid tunes for the 65 as well, stage 1 is usually 50hp/100 tq, stage 2 probably 70/140, stage 3 I have seen 120/200.

The turbos can make so much more power with smaller upgrades, like tunes, cai etc etc

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
This same topic is being discussed on the other forum. Someone over has been debating with me about it saying how Dodge isnt being forced but rather that the demand is there. Almost spit my coffee out laughing. There is no way that the kings of ICE hp, the manufacturer that owns the muscle car world with the wildly popular Challenger which sells like hotcakes, would willingly abandon the cash cow for the unknown. He said it’s not the unknown and that demand has shown itself. Maybe there’s a daily driver market developing but Ive yet to see many positive posts on the forums. I do think it will be badass but I DONT see a demand for an electric Hellcat yet. Is it the way of the future? Yeah. But just because Tesla sells like crazy doesnt mean everyone is suddenly now clamoring for electric Hellcats.
I don’t think it’s the dd market yet. I do think they have to meet emissions while at the same time being competitive from a performance aspect. They can’t keep building ICE, meet emissions and keep up (performance) with the other ev competition. Something has to give. I am a little surprised they jumped in with both feet and went full ev with this model. That doesn’t mean all their models will be ev by 2024, but the groundwork for them is there. Trust me I live in Mississippi and we are a LONG way from being mainstream(if ever). Nobody here is trying to buy a fn ev lol. If that’s all they sold in 2 years, they would be f*cked imo. I’m only interested in the performance, and if the price and looks are good I may consider one. Our HC and DSRT are not going anywhere.

Last edited:

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
That doesn’t mean all their models will be ev by 2024, but the groundwork for them is there.
That's what I'm trying to figure out. It seems like "Hammerhead" would likely be the flagship vehicle for 2024, which I'm guessing is a coupe.

What happens to the Charger/Challenger models? Do they continue? People are obviously buying them and would likely continue to over next couple of years. Do they put a 4 banger turbo in all of them, do they keep the V6? Do they just axe the hellcat and keep the rest?

And what happens if no one (well lesser) buys/wants this EV? They'll just jump to another manufacturer that has what they want. Obviously there is a very large number of people who will not have access to charge EV in 2-3 years time; nor can afford adding the service to their current panel.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
That's what I'm trying to figure out. It seems like "Hammerhead" would likely be the flagship vehicle for 2024, which I'm guessing is a coupe.

What happens to the Charger/Challenger models? Do they continue? People are obviously buying them and would likely continue to over next couple of years. Do they put a 4 banger turbo in all of them, do they keep the V6? Do they just axe the hellcat and keep the rest?

And what happens if no one (well lesser) buys/wants this EV? They'll just jump to another manufacturer that has what they want. Obviously there is a very large number of people who will not have access to charge EV in 2-3 years time; nor can afford adding the service to their current panel.
To be honest dodge isn't going about this the most efficient way, almost looks like a forced move.

I would push for turbos and smaller displacement first then hybrids and finally full ev. That way they can take the r&d from these new turbo smaller engines(make their money back and some) and pair them with electric engines.... hybrids which they can use to recover costs associated with full ev's.

This way the price can be stabilized as compared to throwing a 100k+ ev or hybrid setup that may not sell well.

There's just so much to think about stuffed in a confusing reveal.

Also for all those anti-ev people remember that nearly 100 years ago big business and oil conglomerates severely stunted the growth of alternative fuel sources, blame them just as much as the tree hugging nuts who are pushing this little ev train.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I would push for turbos in addition to the blower, and larger displacement first then hybrids and finally full ev.
There, I fixed it for you.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
I think they see TESLA in their sights and don't want to go the crawl walk run pathway...(even though they probably should)...

Dodge could KEEP this ancient platform for a few years longer...if it still looks good and has mostly ice as its power source we are (ok most are) still "in"...esp at 1000hp....but by doing it this way Tim is going in with giant balls....ALL EV..and ALL NEW PLATFORM design...which probably has to be drag friendly (not 1/4 mi drag mind u...drag coefficient..as in Cd!)...given that reality, its gotta be egg-like or at least pseudo egg-like

so dodge is doing a double risk whammy....ALL EV (instantly!) and NEW, probably radically different design...where does that leave dodge with all the loyal people on the current muscle bandwagon?

are those phone swallowing diverse kids Tim mentioned going to pick up the muscle mantle?

man, I highly doubt that...

guess we will all find out soon enough!

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I don’t think it’s the dd market yet. I do think they have to meet emissions while at the same time being competitive from a performance aspect. They can’t keep building ICE, meet emissions and keep up (performance) with the other ev competition. Something has to give. I am a little surprised they jumped in with both feet and went full ev with this model. That doesn’t mean all their models will be ev by 2024, but the groundwork for them is there. Trust me I live in Mississippi and we are a LONG way from being mainstream(if ever). Nobody here is trying to buy a fn ev lol. If that’s all they sold in 2 years, they would be f*cked imo. I’m only interested in the performance, and if the price and looks are good I may consider one. Our HC and DSRT are not going anywhere.
Full ev is really far off for a large portion of rural america, I think hybrids that can self charge are probably the better short term solution.

I understand the dislike with the ev push but it's literally evolve or be forgotten for these manufacturers, remember n/a vs forced induction, auto v manual, etc etc

The cars are literally moving like tech these days, it's wild.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
There, I fixed it for you.
As much as we all want that there's no way we see a turbocharged supercharged v8 lol

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I think they see TESLA in their sights and don't want to go the crawl walk run pathway...(even though they probably should)...

Dodge could KEEP this ancient platform for a few years longer...if it still looks good and has mostly ice as its power source we are (ok most are) still "in"...esp at 1000hp....but by doing it this way Tim is going in with giant balls....ALL EV..and ALL NEW PLATFORM design...which probably has to be drag friendly (not 1/4 mi drag mind u...drag coefficient..as in Cd!)...given that reality, its gotta be egg-like or at least pseudo egg-like

so dodge is doing a double risk whammy....ALL EV (instantly!) and NEW, probably radically different design...where does that leave dodge with all the loyal people on the current muscle bandwagon?

are those phone swallowing diverse kids Tim mentioned going to pick up the muscle mantle?

man, I highly doubt that...

guess we will all find out soon enough!
Sounds like boom or bust, high risk game to be playing if you ask me, most of the younger generation especially my age couldn't give a rats ass if they were driving a civic or a tank, they just want to get from point A to point B while they text their friends about whats going on and what's happening on their social media feeds lol.

As I read it back I Sound like I'm 3x my age but unfortunately it's the truth, sometimes on the long highway journeys I really enjoy adaptive cruise cause it allows me to relax and let the car do the mindless shit after a while, I'm particularly excited for ford's blue cruise for bumper to bumper traffic on 95,

Some situations seem mindless to me like sitting in traffic for 20 minutes because some asshat ahead of you couldn't wait to use their phone for 5 minutes and slammed into the back of somebody causing a chain reaction.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Of all 14 tag lines stellantis announced for their brands, the one that offends me most is DS Automobiles: "The Art of Travel, Magnified." While I applaud their taste, I've already filed my copyright infringement suit.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Regarding the SL discussuon: sorry.i missed the point, I'm at the.lake at.the.moment. but answer for me.is twin turbo mill. Easier to get the output where I want it if it has to be based on MB architecture.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Before I left the dealership, last week. I had 3 different offers on my car. But, the only one like it in Florida. I would be interested but I was not practising.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country