Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Stage Kits Warranty Void if you Race

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
PSA

I've been telling folks that for a while and many did not want to believe it. Guy at the other place had issues with his Stage 2 Kit and was just told his warranty is void since he took it to a track.

Gotta read the fine print.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
These packages are only so people can say my cars makes 885 hp:LOL:

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
The Stage Kits are weak ass overpriced nonsense.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I’ve been telling people this and some people have disagreed.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Stage kits? - we don't need no stin'kin stage kits ...........................

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
You can test and tune, you can HPDE. You cannot post times, engage in ANY contest with respect to speed and time, you cannot “hot lap” for left and right people. You cannot RACE.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #7
So this is playing out exactly like I expected it to. Everyone runs to the dealer to buy these "kits" and overpay for install and extra parts by the dealer who likely isn't very well trained on these installs to begin with. Then the first sign of trouble they start asking questions and looking for reasons to deny the warranty which was the major selling point to begin with. Luckily for this guys it's not a blown engine or trans or something, he's just out the cost of the upgrade, but I bet they've now flagged his VIN for racing so it's likely his entire warranty is now gone, which was very important to him based on his posts.

Such a gimmick.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Like I said before, people treat their warranty like it is there virginity or something. Just get your car tuned and enjoy it.

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Like I said before, people treat their warranty like it is there virginity or something. Just get your car tuned and enjoy it.
Exactly

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
Nope! 807hp is enough for me until my warranty is up in a few years. I don’t have the time to race, as I will not “try it” just once or twice and void my warranty. Most I’ll do is small burn outs during our rolling car show and “punch it” here and there to pass traffic.
Do you remember those old foreign car commercials were they talked about other manufacturers safety features and this company said wouldn’t you rather just have the power needed to pass safely instead of safety features for a crash? Yes, yes I do I and I do!!

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Nope! 807hp is enough for me until my warranty is up in a few years. I don’t have the time to race, as I will not “try it” just once or twice and void my warranty. Most I’ll do is small burn outs during our rolling car show and “punch it” here and there to pass traffic.
Do you remember those old foreign car commercials were they talked about other manufacturers safety features and this company said wouldn’t you rather just have the power needed to pass safely instead of safety features for a crash? Yes, yes I do I and I do!!
Keep it stock, then you don't have to turn into me and venture down the infinite money pitt!

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
Keep it stock, then you don't have to turn into me and venture down the infinite money pitt!
Exactly!! I know how this goes chasing the next 1/10 second!!

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Exactly!! I know how this goes chasing the next 1/10 second!!
And when you catch that 1/10th, there is another beyond it. Then another. And another. You can sit content with what you have, or you can chase the addiction! :)

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
And when you catch that 1/10th, there is another beyond it. Then another. And another. You can sit content with what you have, or you can chase the addiction! :)
You choose your class and stick to it. No reason to build a Pro Stock out of it.

rickydeuce

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lebanon
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
So this is playing out exactly like I expected it to. Everyone runs to the dealer to buy these "kits" and overpay for install and extra parts by the dealer who likely isn't very well trained on these installs to begin with. Then the first sign of trouble they start asking questions and looking for reasons to deny the warranty which was the major selling point to begin with. Luckily for this guys it's not a blown engine or trans or something, he's just out the cost of the upgrade, but I bet they've now flagged his VIN for racing so it's likely his entire warranty is now gone, which was very important to him based on his posts.

Such a gimmick.
You have a link to the other thread?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Hell...I ditched my virginity @ age 9...(she was 14)...not that I expect any of you to believe that...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Hell...I ditched my virginity @ age 9...(she was 14)...not that I expect any of you to believe that...
Don't laugh Dave....it's the truth...:p

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
To be fair the kit didnt void his warranty. Pretty common knowledge that racing voids it. I do agree it’s ridiculous though, especially if the kit caused the issue. I mean why even have them besides hp bragging rights…

Mike Jesse

Member ID
Reactions
City
Bremerton
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 SRT Super Stock 2022 Ram 1500 TRX
One key ingredient missing from the "stage" kit is the trans. tune. Not to mention it's just a canned tune anyway.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #20
If I had a Redeye, I'd get a custom tune and call it good. A tune makes a big difference and really enhances the driving experience. Unless you're going to the track 807hp is plenty IMO and you'll get a few more from a good tune as well.

As for going to the track, it doesn't have to be a big money pit like you seem some get in to. Mine hasn't been, but I've also set a target class and raced in that class. 10.00 is pretty easy in these cars and I ran in that for several years with no issues what so ever. When the 2.7 blower fell in my lap that pushed me to the 9.50 class. Start going much beyond that and things will get expensive. Every platform has a tipping point where that happens and for Hellcat 9.50 seems to be it which is crazy fast, we're just all spoiled these days.

There's no money in racing these things really, so racing in a 10.50, 10.00, 9.50 etc class will all be the same really. I think I've won like $400 a year or so here and there so what's the point really.

Last edited: