Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Stinkeye Challenger build....

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #1,481
Very nice! But I thought you said stock frame lol
That is a stock frame. All the way from the front crash bar to the rear. I’m comparing it to a tube chassis or back halved car that actually has part (or all) of the framed removed. Also.. note that the shocks and springs mount in the stock location.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
For a car without a chassis there probably isn’t much left of the stock subframes, lol.
Sucks about the block, could have been worse, and it sounds like you’re dealing with an amazing machine shop.
Good on Adam for buying the place!

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #1,483
For a car without a chassis there probably isn’t much left of the stock subframes, lol.
Sucks about the block, could have been worse, and it sounds like you’re dealing with an amazing machine shop.
Good on Adam for buying the place!
As far as the chassis goes with mine and this blue car… that 4-link was right out of the 2015 DragPak program and is sold by the guy who was originally involved with that. The stock frame gets tied together with a number of bars in the floor that are a part of the cage. The main one being what is referred to in NHRA chassis speak as the #1bar. That is the rectangular truss that runs from rail to rail in the floor. When the cage is cert to 7.5 or faster, the main hoop has to tie into that instead of plates on the floor. That #1 bar is seen from under the car in the previous rear end picture. There are also the sill bars that tie the main hoop at the bottom to the base of the bar coming down behind the dash. Picture is worth a thousand words so….. a lot of chassis stiffening going on and that’s a good thing. The 4-link needs that for a solid triangulated base. Speaking of that older DragPak design. That was a NHRA requirement that forced them to use the stock suspension points. It uses what’s called a panhard bar for centering. That is obsolete now and I’ll be replacing that with a wishbone that Redeye Racecars is making for me now. I’ll also be modifying the link attachments to get the instant center weight transfer dialed in. IMG_2270.jpeg IMG_2274.jpeg

Last edited:

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Such a badass car! If I could only have that one instead of my Dud!!

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #1,485
Such a badass car! If I could only have that one instead of my Dud!!
You can. And it’s your color. Call it Smurf II 😁

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
You can. And it’s your color. Call it Smurf II 😁
You have no idea man! No way I could jump on that right now for what he would want! definitely a badass ride. will need to be someone who wants to race to buy it. Hopefully it stays on the west coast, I don't want to have to line up against it. haha

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #1,487
You have no idea man! No way I could jump on that right now for what he would want! definitely a badass ride. will need to be someone who wants to race to buy it. Hopefully it stays on the west coast, I don't want to have to line up against it. haha
The only chance that car sells is somebody with not only the resources ($$$) but the desire to step up to that level and they’re looking at the long and expensive process of building one from scratch. Over a year full time build with soooo much waiting. It would be a huge short cut and cost savings. I don’t know if you remember but I got that car from Brian for $90k. That was a steal. I passed it to Adam to keep it in house rather that have it in the wild. The car is much better now. I think it has a 7.5 in it without spraying.

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
The only chance that car sells is somebody with not only the resources ($$$) but the desire to step up to that level and they’re looking at the long and expensive process of building one from scratch. Over a year full time build with soooo much waiting. It would be a huge short cut and cost savings. I don’t know if you remember but I got that car from Brian for $90k. That was a steal. I passed it to Adam to keep it in house rather that have it in the wild. The car is much better now. I think it has a 7.5 in it without spraying.
I really hope it sells for him, its going to be a tough sell for what he will want for it. ill continue following it. he may be better off parting it out honestly, and sadly. seems the built ones sit for sale for a long time then get parted out. :cry:

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #1,489
I really hope it sells for him, its going to be a tough sell for what he will want for it. ill continue following it. he may be better off parting it out honestly, and sadly. seems the built ones sit for sale for a long time then get parted out. :cry:
Yep. That’s the truth. Reality is…. for somebody that just wants to go fast, there are a lot more cost effective ways to do it than this late model Gen 3 Hemi stuff. You really have to be a diehard Mopar fan with the money to go there.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Yep. That’s the truth. Reality is…. for somebody that just wants to go fast, there are a lot more cost effective ways to do it than this late model Gen 3 Hemi stuff. You really have to be a diehard Mopar fan with the money to go there.
Everything has the "mopar tax".

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Everything has the "mopar tax".
The junkyard LS with the twin turbo ebay kit that goes 8s does not have a mopar tax.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
The junkyard LS with the twin turbo ebay kit that goes 8s does not have a mopar tax.
Yep.

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
We are Mopar guys, we don't do Ford guy stuff like that. Our engines can make the power.

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #1,494
More decisions 🤓. In two weeks I’ll be taking a drive. In ‘what if’ discussions with Jim Golden at Redeye Racecars, we are going to use my car to develop a plug and play twin turbo setup for those who don’t want to go the underside mounting route. This will be a high end package that you will be able to order from them for mounting twins using a intercooled intake with the forward facing throttle body like mine, Cornerstone, etc. While there, we will be making some changes to my rear suspension to suit the small tire classes I’m planning on running. I’ve been friends with Jim for years now and he is very excited about having a hand in our project. This will free Adam up to work on his new machine shop endeavor instead of shutting everything else down for me and him to do nothing but work on my car. The Spankintime race at Famoso next week has been postponed for weather and will be rescheduled for next month. Looking forward to some of that Florida winter weather 😊 IMG_6027.jpeg IMG_5501.jpeg

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
More decisions 🤓. In two weeks I’ll be taking a drive. In ‘what if’ discussions with Jim Golden at Redeye Racecars, we are going to use my car to develop a plug and play twin turbo setup for those who don’t want to go the underside mounting route. This will be a high end package that you will be able to order from them for mounting twins using a intercooled intake with the forward facing throttle body like mine, Cornerstone, etc. While there, we will be making some changes to my rear suspension to suit the small tire classes I’m planning on running. I’ve been friends with Jim for years now and he is very excited about having a hand in our project. This will free Adam up to work on his new machine shop endeavor instead of shutting everything else down for me and him to do nothing but work on my car. The Spankintime race at Famoso next week has been postponed for weather and will be rescheduled for next month. Looking forward to some of that Florida winter weather 😊 View attachment 128807 View attachment 128808
I never knew this shop existed.

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #1,496
I never knew this shop existed.
Vero Beach. Take a drive over to see mine after the 15th and some stuff that make it look downright cheap. Jim’s LDR Redeye Challenger is just about done. 😳

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Vero Beach. Take a drive over to see mine after the 15th and some stuff that make it look downright cheap. Jim’s LDR Redeye Challenger is just about done. 😳
How long will your car be there?

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #1,498
How long will your car be there?
Can’t say. Shouldn't take long. It’s what they do. Look forward to learning some stuff. Especially in the suspension dept.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Can’t say. Shouldn't take long. It’s what they do. Look forward to learning some stuff. Especially in the suspension dept.
I'm now living vicariously through you guys. I'm going to try and make it down there.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
More decisions 🤓. In two weeks I’ll be taking a drive. In ‘what if’ discussions with Jim Golden at Redeye Racecars, we are going to use my car to develop a plug and play twin turbo setup for those who don’t want to go the underside mounting route. This will be a high end package that you will be able to order from them for mounting twins using a intercooled intake with the forward facing throttle body like mine, Cornerstone, etc. While there, we will be making some changes to my rear suspension to suit the small tire classes I’m planning on running. I’ve been friends with Jim for years now and he is very excited about having a hand in our project. This will free Adam up to work on his new machine shop endeavor instead of shutting everything else down for me and him to do nothing but work on my car. The Spankintime race at Famoso next week has been postponed for weather and will be rescheduled for next month. Looking forward to some of that Florida winter weather 😊 View attachment 128807 View attachment 128808
Jim is awesome. He answered a lot of questions I had about suspension setup and its what solidified Menscers. Mike Starck, my shop, works with him on a lot.