Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Stock Redeye breaks into the 10.1s

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
There is a crown in the track. In the right lane the light/reflector or whatever is a little higher. As the left side of that lane is higher than the right. The '57 Chev I usually pit with has the same mph reading in both lanes. Our cars are so low we are tripping the mph light with the body. I get a 2-3 mph difference.
That is the best conclusion we could come up with.
I have crossed the line on the left side of that lane and regained some of the mph.
Hey it's one of the oldest tracks in Canada. The one that claims to be the oldest opened in 1962 also.
Hmmmm . I ran 148 in the right lane .....

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

OP
Markp

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #62
Yes and the faster your going the more it would be off so think about that

your mph was probably 152-153

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
I'm there pretty much every weekend. LOL
If I get rained out I go twice when I can to make up for it.
Yes I have a problem.:LOL:
I think we all have a problem when it comes to racing.
But it's a good one.:)

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Yes and the faster your going the more it would be off so think about that

your mph was probably 152-153
I'd be happy seeing 149 seeing my current best is 148 .

OP
Markp

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #65
I'd be happy seeing 149 seeing my current best is 148 .

I would bet you $10000 its over 150mph

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Congrats. Man, that's awesome. I remember when 13.5 was a great time.

Does no one get concerned with the tires showing wire? Out here in the old days I saw guys pulled bc of stuff like that.

OP
Markp

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #67
Congrats. Man, that's awesome. I remember when 13.5 was a great time.

Does no one get concerned with the tires showing wire? Out here in the old days I saw guys pulled bc of stuff like that.
I had no choice I could not get tires in time. I knew they were worn but did not notice the cord until after I unloaded the car from the trailer after a 6 hour drive. Moparjim made a bunch of calls to local guys to see if we could get a pair and have them mounted....no luck. I had to take scissors and cut them off twice. It was like a woven string type material cord not steel or anything like that. I know it was dangerous but had no choice. If I felt the tires were doing something weird going down the track I would have packed it in but once you start running those times there is no turning back. You don't get many chances to run in that low DA. It was worth the risk.

Now the real question is would I have ran even faster with new tires????

Last edited:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
That's the question isn't it. I'd say you might have been, but I haven't raced them down to the wire. I can see where that might grab even more.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
You have 2 slips with better the -1200 DA and they are not the fastest. I guess for me, I would question the DA on the 25th
Not only the DA was better. The baro was higher and the humidity was lower on the 25th. Unfortunately it was also much colder over night as well as colder in the day.
On the 24th there weren't much more than 10 cars. The track got prepped and you lined up and made a good pass for the most part.
On Sunday there must have been 75 cars. Hell there was another RE , Demon, Trackphawk and Hellcat besides our group of 5, 6 if you count my car.
If the track got prepped if you hurried to the line you were behind a bunch of hondas and cavaliers. By the time a pass was made the track was screwed up.
Mark's 10.19 pass was only slow because he over thought it.
It happens.

OP
Markp

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #70
Mark's 10.19 pass was only slow because he over thought it.
It happens.
I was so pissed off I didn't go for it on that pass. It was hit or miss when it came to the launch that day because of the cold and the street cars. I second guessed myself and took off easier then I should have. That would have been the hero run of the day. :cry: Now I have to wait until next year.:mad: I know the car can go quicker then 10.172.

Member ID
Reactions
City
New Orleans
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger RE
This weekend I drove over 6 hours to Napierville Quebec to run at the best track in Canada. Car is stock with drag pak wheel and tire setup. My previous best at two different tracks were 10.399 and 10.394. Napierville is known for there great track prep. I tried to get a new set of ETRs for this track day but they were back ordered. The grooves were all gone on my tires and the threads were starting to show. I could not find any tires so I had no choice to run the car with those tires.

Saturday the DA was around negative 450–500. The first 5 passes I was struggling to get the car to hook. A few hours later the track warmed up a bit and boom I ran a 10.183.
They were not handing out slips because of Covid so when I pulled into the pits my nephew said what do you think you ran?
I said I don’t know what did I run he said 10.37. I said yes amazing then he said no you actually ran 10.18. I started screaming and freaking out. I said I will kill you if your lying to me you better not be lying. I went to the tower to get the slip and was screaming and dancing like a kid at Christmas.

Then after a few shitty passes I got angry with myself. I did 2 hot laps but blew the tires off and on third hot lap I ran 10.172. Then the street cars started screwing up the track.

Sunday the DA was negative 1500 but it was cold as hell. Struggled again for the first few passes. Got a few 10.2s then did a pass with not a great 60 but I still ran a 10.196. Then again the cold and street cars ruined the prep and it was over.

I am so amazed with this car.

I learned a lot from this weekend. Looks like there is not much gain from running 3.09s on a stock redeye. A 2.62 can go just as fast as a 3.09 and now it went faster then any 3.09.

ETRs get better as they get closer to the end of there life. My PB 60ft happened after I cut a few cords that were hanging off the tire. 1.461 60ft on worn ETRs.

1000rpm is the magic launch number.

21 psi is the magic tire pressure.

I would like to thank Moparjim for helping to get the car to run this fast. His right foot has mystical powers that he has shared with me.
Also would like to thank Hpindy, Oilburner, DemonSRT and Frenchcat for there kind words and support. They always said I could do it. Also would like to thank Phasthemi as he has shared his knowledge with me on tire pressures and techniques.
...and just to rub it in a little to the naysayers NB is faster then WB, 2.62 is faster then 3.09 and granite crystal is the fastest color.;):whistle::D
View attachment 27790 View attachment 27791 View attachment 27792
Have you run both differentials in your vehicle at the same track and DA?

OP
Markp

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #72
Have you run both differentials in your vehicle at the same track and DA?
No but that would be the best way to prove 100% which is best.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Thanks for the kind words guys. I think if I can run in this DA again and get a better 60 10.0s are possible maybe even a 9.99 hero run.
Hell I might keep my Redeye. 😉

Member ID
Reactions
City
New Orleans
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger RE
No but that would be the best way to prove 100% which is best.
I asked because swopped out (2.62 to 3.09) and ran faster at a different track but similar DA.

OP
Markp

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #75
Hell I might keep my Redeye. 😉
Don’t sell it I swear to you this car learns your driving habits.

I have only tracked it this summer and fall no street driving. Literally load it in the trailer run it at the track back in the trailer. It’s like the car knows now and is running faster and faster. I have definitely noticed a difference from driving to the track then trailering to the track. The trick is have the adaptive reset and then run the car to the max. It learns that it must run on max and I swear there is a huge difference.

I asked because swopped out (2.62 to 3.09) and ran faster at a different track but similar DA.
Too many variables to know for sure. I have ran at the track with 3.09 cars there. It seems like always get better 60s and 1/8 mile but the 2.62 takes them in the 1/4.

Member ID
Reactions
City
New Orleans
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger RE
Don’t sell it I swear to you this car learns your driving habits.

I have only tracked it this summer and fall no street driving. Literally load it in the trailer run it at the track back in the trailer. It’s like the car knows now and is running faster and faster. I have definitely noticed a difference from driving to the track then trailering to the track. The trick is have the adaptive reset and then run the car to the max. It learns that it must run on max and I swear there is a huge difference.

Too many variables to know for sure. I have ran at the track with 3.09 cars there. It seems like always get better 60s and 1/8 mile but the 2.62 takes them in the 1/4.
2.62 is more manageable on launch for sure. My car has gone faster with 3.09s, 10.65 to 10.45 in similar DA but different tracks with trap speeds in both runs @ 132.xx. Who knows, track prep could have helped and made the difference. Hopefully in must cooler air i can run 10.20s.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
I wonder if will see sub 10 seconds for someone with a fully stock super stock? 9.9 or 9.99 seems in the realm of possibilities.

OP
Markp

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #78
I wonder if will see sub 10 seconds for someone with a fully stock super stock? 9.9 or 9.99 seems in the realm of possibilities.
Yes I think you will. I think with perfect conditions you will see a Redeye run 9.99 stock and a SS run 9.90 stock. There is not much difference between the two cars.