Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Street racers caught in AZ!

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I would rather deal with a local judge, since I have had my permanat residence here since 1981. Even though the state of Florida has taken my license 5 times. This will be #6 but with certain medical conditions and the situation of the happens. Just maybe I can wash the judge's car every week and keep the hose bags off his grand daughters. I used to be a bouncer and trainer for 25 years. Now I have guns. Whwt ever it takes to get me out of this mess. Thanks for the in put.

OP
SilverBillet

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Thread Starter #22
I had a similar situation. I elected no court. Took an on line defensive driving class for $175. No points, no report to my insurance. It's like it never happened. You have this option every 18 months if cited.
You typically are required to go to court for that many mph over the speed limit. No options in Virginia. Probably worth getting a lawyer to work out a plea with the prosecuting attorney?

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Done that with OPTIMA TAX RElive,,, did not work and cost me $3,500 with them and no results. Still paid the $25,000 I did not owe them, but still have not received my $3,700 tax return from last year. So, while file this year. I don't owe them any back taxes but they have not paid me from last year. This country is in a mess. I took SS early knowing that it was going to run out. Not too far. Just need 93 gas.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I've heard that in AZ but I'm not sure it applies to every state.
Not sure about every state, but I did take the "driving schools" in Calif a few times to avoid the points for some "baseless" speeding tickets that I was given. There are "driving schools" for every interest. The comedy based ones were pretty decent.

Unfortunately there weren't any "stripper based" ones where you could just show up with a stack of dollar bills.

It would make sense that you could take them online now.

We don't have any online thing like that in Maryland, but at least they are honest about really only wanting the fine money. Here you go to court to fight the ticket and the judge doesn't want to hear all the tales of woe so they typically announce that if you are there for speeding of 20 mph or less over, red light tickets, and several other types of moving violations that you can avoid the points if you agree to pay the fine that day. The majority of the people take that deal.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
In NYS there are grey areas. They make more money if they keep the speeders on the road... so you can go to school as often as you want - so long as you were speeding in a different district than the last time. They don’t talk. If you have too many points on your license, call in sick to court so that you can get that point reduction class in before next month, making room for the new points.
Now, for the past decade or so, the DMV has been in on it too, applying fees to your registration based on your driving record... and believe me, they keep track of all of the districts in your state.
I used to get a lot of speeding tickets, never lost my license as a result, and I had several dozen tickets over the course of about 7 years.

Hayabusa

HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lunatic Fringe
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 WB Redeye, Sublime
Meanwhile, back in the good old days ... cops raced you ...

That vid was fantastic. Thank you, HWDan for posting it.

Takes you back if you were there and will give you a flavor for what it was like if you "was still an itch in your Daddy's pants".

Brought back memories of when I ran a worked '69 Camaro on the street. I sold it to buy suits for my first real job and I still have dreams of driving that car so many decades later. I wish I had kept it in the family but it was financially impossible at the time.

C2BFFF77-4A55-4770-8A24-C453301BDBD1_1_201_a.jpeg 7B82535E-E3AD-4D41-A062-BE698CE3C472_1_201_a.jpeg

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
A couple of years ago I had to take a driver class to get rid of a speeding ticket. First half of the class most of us didn't pay attension or slept. At lunch time, instructer said there will be a written test at end of day and if you fail you may not take class again. Big Panic. A bunch of us spent the lunch hour trying to remember what the hell he said. We were shitting bricks. After the class ended in the afternoon; instructer said " now about the test, I lied. " We all got our certificate. Filthy bastard. LOL

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
A couple of years ago I had to take a driver class to get rid of a speeding ticket. First half of the class most of us didn't pay attension or slept. At lunch time, instructer said there will be a written test at end of day and if you fail you may not take class again. Big Panic. A bunch of us spent the lunch hour trying to remember what the hell he said. We were shitting bricks. After the class ended in the afternoon; instructer said " now about the test, I lied. " We all got our certificate. Filthy bastard. LOL
The last two of those I took were the comedy based ones. I had to take one in LA County, and one in Orange County........

I like to spread my money around to various jurisdictions :ROFLMAO:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
This is going to hurt. 90 in a 55 = disaster. Maybe take 2 courses and a fine. Explain my current medical situation, he may have a bleeding heart like I have.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I get a fair number of stops, 22 or so in 15 years, but I usually do not get even a warning. I think 2 tickets out of all that. Then there was the shotgun laced 16 car police chase, the you tube pull over for 80 in a 40 under WOT, and other ridiculousness. I need to grow up, but it's taken 50+ years just to get this far, done have much time left to make it!

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
All ready got 3 points from this bitch in a Mini Maxi Idiot Van. Stopped at a red light, completely. Shoes were wet slipped off the clutch. And, oops. 1.5 MPH hit this bitch and out she came.. My neck is broke and her17 year old daughter said mom get back in the car. No damage to mine, her, or her piece of shit mini van. She got $2,500 and I got 3 points and a fine. I was keeping my last class for catastrophic hit, like this one. I will pay what I can, arguable, wash the judges car and wiffies, and school at home. If let it be. We will see on Wed.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I get a fair number of stops, 22 or so in 15 years, but I usually do not get even a warning. I think 2 tickets out of all that. Then there was the shotgun laced 16 car police chase, the you tube pull over for 80 in a 40 under WOT, and other ridiculousness. I need to grow up, but it's taken 50+ years just to get this far, done have much time left to make it!
I'm shocked...and appalled .....:(:giggle:

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
I drive 9sec diesel trucks at work, and own a Hellcat. Grow up? GTFO:LOL:

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Put it this way, I attended driving class so often, the instructor called me “The Hammer” and he let me teach a class...

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
Can we really call "at speeds around 100 mph" racing?

That defines traffic on the I-10 here in PHX during any time of day.
They forgot to mention about being Toyota Corollas, 4 runners, and chevy camaros 😉🤣

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
I had a similar situation. I elected no court. Took an on line defensive driving class for $175. No points, no report to my insurance. It's like it never happened. You have this option every 18 months if cited.
I did similar once long ago, caught on radar doing 173 mph on my street bike. The cop did not even attempt pursuit, radioed ahead, where 4 officers were waiting for me. All things considered, they were pretty nice to me. They took into consideration how light traffic was, and I was military. When they asked me why I was in such a rush, " I haven't been laid in months, and Vegas has good hookers". After some laughter, they didn't even impound my bike, let me ride off when done. I paid a fine, took a defensive driving course, and it was all behind me.