Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Talk me off the ledge!

OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
Thread Starter #101

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Damn that's a bad ass looking truck and the Bucket Seat set up is the only way to go. Not a Dime a Dozen looking truck going down the road either. And modding her is unlimited to the hilt as well.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
The TRX is the big unknown that is holding me back on doing anything.

This is the Ford Tremor I'm looking at with the 7.3L Gas Motor (Zero interest/need for the diesel)
https://www.lithiafordmissoula.com/...0a0e0adf0cb79539c8d3cb5f.htm?searchDepth=2:11
yeah blue jeans is a hot color, got it on one of the platinums. (here they are parked outside a jobsite)

Lariat is a really good spec, make sure the headlights are led tho haha, the halogen ones are 💩💩.

Attachments

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Uh ohh I think he jumped and not a peep he’s in the free fall and no parachute [angel]

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Uh ohh I think he jumped and not a peep he’s in the free fall and no parachute [angel]

Maybe we can cushion his fall.?

:unsure:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
they probably don't know about forscan... it lets you mess with hidden settings on the f150.
Yep....just used it last weekend to reprogram for the 36 gal tank I installed in place of that tiny 23 gal. one. Changed a few digits and it was all over in about 5 minutes. I wish that Dodge would let you do those things.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I think this is interesting that the TREMOR is a 3/4 Ton Diesel not the Raptor. And not even a comparison truck to the Raptor. And I have the F250 2019 and she's awesome and like her better than my previous Ram 2500's. Also your going to pay thru the ass to get the TRX the first year and will be awhile to get the deal if ever.
View attachment 13386 View attachment 13387
Damn that's good lookin'

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Yep....just used it last weekend to reprogram for the 36 gal tank I installed in place of that tiny 23 gal. one. Changed a few digits and it was all over in about 5 minutes. I wish that Dodge would let you do those things.
yeah that 23 gallon tank is 💩💩💩, had it on the 2016, all 3 trucks after that got the 36 gallon tank. The fuel range is amazing sometimes you can go 3 weeks without filling it up. What kind of engine do you have? the 2.7 the coyote or 3.5?

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
yeah that 23 gallon tank is 💩💩💩, had it on the 2016, all 3 trucks after that got the 36 gallon tank. The fuel range is amazing sometimes you can go 3 weeks without filling it up. What kind of engine do you have? the 2.7 the coyote or 3.5?
I bought the truck used right before Christmas. The original owner had special ordered it pretty much the way I would've, but for some reason didn't get the big tank. It has max tow package and all. It has the 3.5 EcoBoost, which surprised me quite a bit because I was trying to find a V8 truck in the F150 (I was looking at all brands of fullsize truck and it came down to the best condition, best price, and lowest mileage). I work from home full time now, so I don't have to commute to work like I used to, but even so, it sure seemed that the 23 gal didn't last long. I've gone on two day trips and was not impressed with the smaller tank longevity. After those two trips I decided to get the bigger tank. I got a used tank from a wrecking yard, but I bought a new pump module and driver unit. I like that I now have at least twice the range I had before.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I bought the truck used right before Christmas. The original owner had special ordered it pretty much the way I would've, but for some reason didn't get the big tank. It has max tow package and all. It has the 3.5 EcoBoost, which surprised me quite a bit because I was trying to find a V8 truck in the F150 (I was looking at all brands of fullsize truck and it came down to the best condition, best price, and lowest mileage). I work from home full time now, so I don't have to commute to work like I used to, but even so, it sure seemed that the 23 gal didn't last long. I've gone on two day trips and was not impressed with the smaller tank longevity. After those two trips I decided to get the bigger tank. I got a used tank from a wrecking yard, but I bought a new pump module and driver unit. I like that I now have at least twice the range I had before.
what year? I think after 17 all max tow packages have 36 gallon tanks, I know for sure 2018s and up have it on the package because that's what the white blue and black ones have. How do you like the 3.5, I was skeptical at first but it does well for itself, my dad couldn't care less his exact words "it's a truck for work what do I care if it has a v6,v8,v10 or v12 as long as it gets me from point A to B and doesn't drive like a tractor I'm fine."

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Oh...sorry....it's a 2015. My friend got a 2019 with the max tow package and it has the 36 gal tank so he told me to make sure I looked for that on any truck I found. So when I saw this truck had max tow, I assumed it had the larger tank, but it did not. The dealer told me that the larger tank was a separate option on the '15 trucks. I had already done some research and found out it wasn't a huge deal to change it, and that I could use Forscan to update the computer in the truck, so I was ok with that. I'm actually surprised by the 3.5, I'm a diehard V8 person and my last work truck was a '17 F150 with the 5.0 in it. My friend let me drive his '19 and it was impressive. I know the '19 has a little more power than the '15 but it's still pretty close. I really like the way the 3.5 runs when you put the truck in Sport mode, it's got some good get up and go. Granted, it doesn't have the power that my previous Ram diesels had, but that's ok.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Oh...sorry....it's a 2015. My friend got a 2019 with the max tow package and it has the 36 gal tank so he told me to make sure I looked for that on any truck I found. So when I saw this truck had max tow, I assumed it had the larger tank, but it did not. The dealer told me that the larger tank was a separate option on the '15 trucks. I had already done some research and found out it wasn't a huge deal to change it, and that I could use Forscan to update the computer in the truck, so I was ok with that. I'm actually surprised by the 3.5, I'm a diehard V8 person and my last work truck was a '17 F150 with the 5.0 in it. My friend let me drive his '19 and it was impressive. I know the '19 has a little more power than the '15 but it's still pretty close. I really like the way the 3.5 runs when you put the truck in Sport mode, it's got some good get up and go. Granted, it doesn't have the power that my previous Ram diesels had, but that's ok.
yeah I was very surprised on how well it did, after the 2016 MY they upped the power from 365 to 385 for horsepower and 420 lb ft torque to 470 lb ft torque.... though imo it's just a tune and you could probably run a tune like that and get Similar if not better results.

Yeah same issue I ran into on the 16, max tow package did not get you the 36 gallon tank, after 2018 auto start stop is forced on you so there's that.

Only thing I disliked about the 15s was the sync 2, how do you like it?

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
yeah I was very surprised on how well it did, after the 2016 MY they upped the power from 365 to 385 for horsepower and 420 lb ft torque to 470 lb ft torque.... though imo it's just a tune and you could probably run a tune like that and get Similar if not better results.

Yeah same issue I ran into on the 16, max tow package did not get you the 36 gallon tank, after 2018 auto start stop is forced on you so there's that.

Only thing I disliked about the 15s was the sync 2, how do you like it?
I don't have nav, so I guess that makes it the Sync 2. It says Sync with MyTouch on the window sticker. I'm glad it doesn't have nav, I don't like paying the price for factory nav any longer. I have a standalone gps that works just fine for me. I actually like the stock stereo, it's pretty good. I would have to say my biggest gripe with it is layout for selecting the 3 ranges for the Sirius radio because it groups 6 stations together on 3 levels, but it doesn't bother me enough to want o change it out.
Can you disable that auto start/stop in Forscan? I thought I saw a video about that, but I could be wrong.....
I thought about the tune idea, but I haven't given it serious thought. I'm actually ok with how it runs right now.....but I could always change my mind ;)

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I don't have nav, so I guess that makes it the Sync 2. It says Sync with MyTouch on the window sticker. I'm glad it doesn't have nav, I don't like paying the price for factory nav any longer. I have a standalone gps that works just fine for me. I actually like the stock stereo, it's pretty good. I would have to say my biggest gripe with it is layout for selecting the 3 ranges for the Sirius radio because it groups 6 stations together on 3 levels, but it doesn't bother me enough to want o change it out.
Can you disable that auto start/stop in Forscan? I thought I saw a video about that, but I could be wrong.....
I thought about the tune idea, but I haven't given it serious thought. I'm actually ok with how it runs right now.....but I could always change my mind ;)
you can turn off auto start/stop you need a switch and to disable in forscan but all 3 of em are leases and don't feel like going through the work, it balances based on your driving habits and mine is always in sports mode so no auto start/stop. My dad and uncle(his business partner) like the fuel saving features plus mb and bmw have been doing it for years which is the type of cars they drive when not at work so they are already used to it.

yeah I think mytouch was what it was called, wasn't a fan of the nav at all, stereo is good in 15-17, they make improvements in 18-20 but you're not missing out on much sony vs bang & olufsen, both are 10 speakers. I didn't notice a difference though guys on the forums say they do... guess im just a simple guy lol.

Tune is worth it if you want more, seen some guys pulling close to 500 horsepower just off a tune. I thought about it but the truck handles fine for what it is, it's no hellcat but it can do 0-60 in 5.5 which is faster than most normal vehicles.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
yeah blue jeans is a hot color, got it on one of the platinums. (here they are parked outside a jobsite)

Lariat is a really good spec, make sure the headlights are led tho haha, the halogen ones are 💩💩.
Those are good lookin trucks

OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
Thread Starter #116
Still got the Hellcat and the Power Wagon. I actually dropped a 6 pack off with the salesman on my way home and thanked him for his time. As much as I want a new truck, I can’t give up the Supercharger Whine!

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
The TRX is the big unknown that is holding me back on doing anything.

This is the Ford Tremor I'm looking at with the 7.3L Gas Motor (Zero interest/need for the diesel)
https://www.lithiafordmissoula.com/...0a0e0adf0cb79539c8d3cb5f.htm?searchDepth=2:11
Still got the Hellcat and the Power Wagon. I actually dropped a 6 pack off with the salesman on my way home and thanked him for his time. As much as I want a new truck, I can’t give up the Supercharger Whine!
And gee thanks now you got me liking that truck and possible big block gas motor :p

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
And gee thanks now you got me liking that truck and possible big block gas motor :p
Man.....if I was your Ford dealer, I'd be sending you and your wife to some nice places for dinners, maybe some great shows.
I'd want to keep you happy.....and spending money :p

OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
Thread Starter #119
Just happy to help a brother out!

OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
Thread Starter #120
Well the car came out of winter storage today. The Hellcat and the Power Wagon are not leaving the family fleet. Man I love the sound of the Super Charger.
3A210014-0727-48CA-9356-0833BB30963A.jpeg