Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Texas to the country side in Warwickshire UK

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
It’s no fun driving a left side drive car on the left side. I’ve done it and it messes with your mind.

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Good luck with your car over there.

OP
salopian

salopian

Founding Member
Military Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Malvern
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
Challenger 2016
Thread Starter #23
So the Dvla (who do the car docs) weren't rapid. So guess I'll be getting it next week now. In the mean time I have made room for pick up IMG_20191020_193359.jpg

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
So the Dvla (who do the car docs) weren't rapid. So guess I'll be getting it next week now. In the mean time I have made room for pick up View attachment 4962
Hellcat yeah! Almost there...

Welcome to the dark side.

Bob
Riverside, California

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Hope you get her soon. Seems like a real hassle to get a car from here to there. I dare not ask about the cost. 😖

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Fingers crossed you get it this week as the weather is supposed to be good,probably won’t be many more before the salt trucks are sent out.

Lord Hellcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Barking
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
Congratulations. Almost with you and ready to enjoy. Let us see what sort of winter we end up with. Might be lucky :)

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Almost got it man. Hang in there

OP
salopian

salopian

Founding Member
Military Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Malvern
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
Challenger 2016
Thread Starter #29
Still not received.

The whole process has been a joke from start to finish. From the texas dealer to the docks, customs and the company doing the registration. I am putting a complaint into our driving agency as they decided to do further auditing checks on my application a few days they said turned out to be nearly 10.

The company that are dealing with it all have been promising I will get a reg plate for the last 2 weeks. To then get it on Friday after I chased them at 2pm. To then be told I still cannot get the car as the stereo has not been put back in.

Raging is an understatement so I have CCed my exporter and moaned like fuck how shit this service is. I should of had this car.... My car that I bought in JUNE!!! Over 4 months later still not got it. Its not like this is a few hundred quid. These people are making £1000s out of me for a below average service in my eyes. Jeeezz they are charging me 35 quid plus vat (20%) for a set of plates. (ebay... 10er posted)

So I'm very pissed off to the point I am writing this at 4am. Why should I be getting involved as the customer to providing information so things can get done and papers being sent to wrong addresses.

If I could I would cancel this whole process and get my money back. Should of paid an extra 10k for an already registered car over here and compromised on trim least I could of enjoyed it this year. So the car is definitely (a word that has been used alot) Monday or Tuesday but they won't open on a Saturday for me to pick it up...... So now wife is going to take a days holiday to get it for me.

I should be excited about this but i just feel let down and angry. Absolute piss take. To top it all off the texas dealer are saying they will pay only 1 key not 2 keys. How the fuck do you loose a red and a black key in 2 years??

That's a trip to dodge garage with the car to get another key (100s of miles) . My time is valuable as it is. So I'm going to get the garage to over charge me for 1 key but really I get 2 keys.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
So...after seeing the other site....terrible terrible. Were they on crack?

Anyway back in June i bought a 2016 Hellcat. Got married in Vegas last year had a SXT on hire fucking loved it. Always been a fan of yank cars, tried to buy a mustang when i was in Iraq in 2009 at the american dealer place on camp victory got told no :-( ended up doing tours in Afgan a few times to save nearly bought a 70s vette but didnt fit in the car being 6.5ft.

So here we are ...... bought my dream car for a 30th bday present to myself ahhaa

It got delayed because of storm Barry and the lorry had to cancel a few times due to flooding.

Its been on the Charleston express container boat and i have been tracking it for over a month haha

Its now sitting in felixstowe in the UK and i am waiting for it to clear customs. Paid the tax man last week. Then lights conversion and IVA test and UK reg doc. Hopefully end of September but we shall see

Extras include monkey brass wheels, sun roof and satin bonnet (hood to you guys)

If any UK guys want advise of how i did it let me know here to help. View attachment 697 View attachment 698
Where in the UK do they have palm trees growing man??? :) that's going to be one rare bird over there. Enjoy.

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
You dont sound very happy mate

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
It is a painful process,I’ve found as soon as anything gets to this country it goes to shit ,brilliant up till then.
Who is your importer ,as a matter of interest,I used “ship my car “a few years ago,shoulda been“shit my car”

OP
salopian

salopian

Founding Member
Military Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Malvern
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
Challenger 2016
Thread Starter #33
I used Colin auto exports. He was the only decent part out of the process tbh. But the title papers were sent in the car then once I got in touch with the reg company saying I have paid Tax (sigma auto) they couldn't pick it up straight away so was sat at the shippers for over a week even though something was wrong paperwork wise and had to wait another week.

they couldn't book iva as they didn't have vin number so luckily I had vin number and sent it to them and then I had to send title papers to them as the shipping company sent them to me. So it was sat there for weeks waiting for IVA test. That is poor communication between exporter and sigma.

Last 2 weekends I have changed plans and now next weekend I don't know if I need to change those plans.

Wouldn't be so bad if I initially was told your looking at November mate... Coz I would of just waited to buy in winter and prob would of got a 17/18 plate ready for spring 2020. But I was Initially told end of September. So this is way I'm fuming as winter is very fast approaching and I didn't buy this car to put in my garage till Easter!

OP
salopian

salopian

Founding Member
Military Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Malvern
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
Challenger 2016
Thread Starter #34
Even thou car was made December 2016. Dvla has given me a 65 reg.... So I can't buy the reg HE16 CAT now

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Even thou car was made December 2016. Dvla has given me a 65 reg.... So I can't buy the reg HE16 CAT now
Sucks you still have to wait.

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Hang in there bud! Even though it has been a nightmare it will all be worth it in the end. (y)

HarleyHetz

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
ARLINGTON
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Sublime Widebody Challenger Hellcat
Wow, I thought my wait was bad. I feel for you buddy, hang in there!!

OP
salopian

salopian

Founding Member
Military Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Malvern
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
Challenger 2016
Thread Starter #38
Update. car now ready. I can't get time off work so wife picking it up on Friday. The end is near

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Con Grats to that or else I was going to suggest of watching. Hee Hahh with Buck and the Hicksteroos. Other than your problems and mine is the only thing that could make you cry. Good damn luck maybe on your side. I am still watching Hee Wahh. Painted the car 3 times, not good enough. Back passenger quarter panel 1 moe time. Car is going to weigh 5,000 lbs with all this paint. Good luck see from the sea of silence.

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Fridays gonna be a long day for you mate,at last ,the weathers supposed to be good so your wife will have a great day bombing around in the cat😜
Does she want to meet up?🥺