Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The Goofballs Are Back!

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody

Stock for stock I get it... but, I'll be damned if a test on equal footing (tires) wouldn't net a closer result.

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
the winner of the burnout contest and still the no#1 street hooligan. Dodge Hellcat!!!

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I guess you could say we smoked their ass

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
The new GT500 is one hell of a car. I’m impressed with what Ford has done with the car.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I wish if these rags are going to use non-factory numbers for various metrics such as 0-60mph, that they would explain and/or demonstrate where/how/why they came up with them...

And then explain why they can't drive a car, but are publishing reviews about those cars...

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
I wish if these rags are going to use non-factory numbers for various metrics such as 0-60mph, that they would explain and/or demonstrate where/how/why they came up with them...

And then explain why they can't drive a car, but are publishing reviews about those cars...

At a deserted road without a tree or a timer in sight!
As about nonscientific as it gets!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
It comes down to who throws the most "sponsorship money" their way, doesn't it?

I don't know for sure, but, really, I wonder.
Its the way of the world....

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye Octane Red

I'm sure this device was used somehow in their metrics calculations. :unsure:

88Fv.gif

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

didn't take the time to watch the video..(they bore me)..but it sounds like the other guys finally caught up...WTF...it only took em 5 years...good thing there not fireman responding to a 4 alarmer...

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Saw that video. Typical trash review by guys who have no idea how to drive. Another example of the glaring contrast of vehicles, specifically the hellcat, where it actually takes significant skill to drive on the street. I think if each guy put 500 miles on the car street and freeway. Stop and go. And spent time mashing the pedal, they would learn the car. Pretty pathetic. But again, it really just shows the poor skill of the driver in relation to the difficulty level of the car.
Hellcat is an insane car for the street. Again, a heavyweight bruiser, that in the right hands, hurts lots of feelings. But left to these schmucks, you see the worst of it.

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
Saw that video. Typical trash review by guys who have no idea how to drive. Another example of the glaring contrast of vehicles, specifically the hellcat, where it actually takes significant skill to drive on the street. I think if each guy put 500 miles on the car street and freeway. Stop and go. And spent time mashing the pedal, they would learn the car. Pretty pathetic. But again, it really just shows the poor skill of the driver in relation to the difficulty level of the car.
Hellcat is an insane car for the street. Again, a heavyweight bruiser, that in the right hands, hurts lots of feelings. But left to these schmucks, you see the worst of it.
I’m not sure I see it that way, but I see where you’re coming from.

To me these are three fantastic vehicles that go about their task differently. Each one will win in certain areas, and it will push the competition to do better. I had a 2010 Camaro SS and I really liked it, but after two years it felt too small inside. The new Mustang GT 500 is one hell of a car, but at 6’8” I don’t fit in that car either. Then we have the Hellcat (Challenger or Charger, you pick) with a lot of interior room and north of 700hp (almost 800hp with the Redeye Challenger). To me Dodge built a Muscle Car/Grand Touring Car that can hang with Ford and Chevy’s sports cars. Just because a couple reviewers like the Mustang more, doesn’t take away from what the Hellcat or Camaro is.

I’m seeing a huge debate right now on Power Wagon pages about the new Ford Tremor, and it sounds like a lot of defensive and scared owners. To me it’s no different than what we have here with the Big Three. As consumers we need to step back and appreciate what’s available on the market right now. As the consumer when automotive companies battle, we win!

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye

You don't have to wonder.

Unfortunately it is and Ford has always been the worst offender with racing associations here and abroad.

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
What a bargain lol IMG_1329.PNG

TMAC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mesa
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat

Money talks, and Bull$hit walks.
No magazine gives unbiased opinions or tests. None!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Port orchard
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 redeye
Having owned a 2017 zl1 I can say for sure from a dig the zl1 hooks better than my redeye but for a fact the redeye pulls much harder than my zl1. A 35 mph roll would of been a different result. No doubt the gt500 is wicked In every way. Looks like the fit and finish on it is fabulous. If the zl1 had a engine that made hellcat redeye power it couldn't be touched.

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
I still will not ever buy anything that says Ford on it! I have worked on them all my life. along with most other brands. And Ford Engineering is just stupid. They always have a dozen different parts that fit the same vehicle, and the only way to make sure it is correct for yours is with The Vin number and remove the old part and measure and get the numbers off it. They are stupid. Every product they ever made. Car, Truck, Tractor, all the same.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I still will not ever buy anything that says Ford on it! I have worked on them all my life. along with most other brands. And Ford Engineering is just stupid. They always have a dozen different parts that fit the same vehicle, and the only way to make sure it is correct for yours is with The Vin number and remove the old part and measure and get the numbers off it. They are stupid. Every product they ever made. Car, Truck, Tractor, all the same.
Absolutely true. I have spoken of this on another thread. They even have different bolt patterns on some parts, for same engine in same year! It's absolutely crazy. Even from a manufacturing and tooling perspective it doesn't make sense, I don't know how they turn a profit. Some people don't believe this. I don't have experience with the newer stuff (I've heard it's still the same) but I know in the sixties it was exactly like that. From a motorhead's perspective pure frustration.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
That car is no light weight. The driver as well looked like no light weight. If he was 100lbs lighter (maybe 150?) it's feasible that car woulda' been knockin' on 10.7's.

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
You go to change a clutch. You cant order your parts and have them ready to put on when the trans comes out, You have to wait until you pull it, to measure the damn thing and see if it has the 10" or the 10.5" or the 11" for that model. And then order your parts. LOL I got to where I would refuse to work on them!