Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The Hellcat-Powered Ram Rebel TRX Will Reportedly Have Over 700 HP

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
A great "problem" to have, I think.
Until someone tries to convince you they have the "same thing".

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Until someone tries to convince you they have the "same thing".
I don't mind that one bit. If I feel like it, I could make it very obvious what I do have by using the throttle.

Actually, one reason I really like the Redeye is that it looks just like a Hellcat...which in turn looks just like a V6 Challenger. Perfect, if you ask me.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
A great "problem" to have, I think.
Depends on teh target market. BMW and MB (and even Kia with its upper end stuff) are great at that, because the customer wants subtlety. For these trucks you have logos the size of dinner plates now because its the mouth breathing coal rolling crowd that spend the bucks for those and they're not interested in it if it doesn't look like a hot wheels (or as one of my petroleum engineering friend/client says "a roller skate."

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
That doesn't look serious to me.

Nobody even remotely serious would create an official plate that has "VIN NUMBER" on it.

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
Guess we'll just have to wait and see

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I'm not disputing that the vehicle could become reality, but sure hope they hire a coherent proofreader before making the real plates.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
The truck itself is definitely a done deal. The "Vehicle Identification Number Number" plaque we'll have to wait and see. Also curious to see if there are really multiple boost/HP versions as the article (and plaque) seems to indicate. Seems weird to do that right off the bat.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
Not when focus groups get involved.
True but that totally goes against FCAs MO for all "special" vehicles up to this point. Release one version, wait a bit, release another, wait a bit, release another. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Looks like this one would be very special, indeed, come to think of it.
That plaque already has the country code in the VIN, indicating that it'll be built in Mexico.

I thought all 1500s were built in the USA. Or maybe that's only for the domestic market?

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I like seeing these kinds of vehicles being built, but I do not think they'll sell well based on Trackhawk, SRT Jeep, and SRT Durango sales. The truck may be the outlier but the other vehicles didn't do very well and it comes down to how many folks want a 500 - 700+ HP SUV besides the small group like us?

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
Looks like this one would be very special, indeed, come to think of it.
That plaque already has the country code in the VIN, indicating that it'll be built in Mexico.

I thought all 1500s were built in the USA. Or maybe that's only for the domestic market?
Ha! That's funny. Yes you are correct all DT Rams are built in Sterling Heights MI, The "Classic" is built in both Warren MI and Saltillo Mexico, and the HDs are built in Saltillo Mexico.

Last edited:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I like seeing these kinds of vehicles being built, but I do not think they'll sell well based on Trackhawk, SRT Jeep, and SRT Durango sales. The truck may be the outlier but the other vehicles didn't do very well and it comes down to how many folks want a 500 - 700+ HP SUV besides the small group like us?
I also think it's great that they build them, and if it's only a few, so what?
People will be lured into dealerships because of them, and then drive away in a V6 model.

Nothing wrong with that at all in my mind. As long as they don't up-badge them later.

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
My hope is that they build them, and that they don’t sell very well, leading to discounted prices. Then, and maybe then I’ll be able to afford one. I know that a 700hp truck is ridiculous, but the 12 year old in me loves every bit of the idea!

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I'd actually love a 700 HP SUV, and so would my wife, for that matter, (she says she could have fun in it), but as I said before, it's the value proposition. I'm not paying a huge, stupid premium for it. I'm willing to pay more, but not 30,000 or something like that. As with the 04-06 GTO, which was actually an incredible bargain for what you got at the time, dealers can kill sales with asinine ADM, $200 test drive charges, and things like that. How I'm treated by the dealer (and by the manufacturer) has a great deal to do with how much I am willing to spend with them. And I"m always ready to walk or have my wife at another dealership ready to pit them against each other (they don't like that, it's "not fair" said one GM).

l-8317-life-is-not-fair.jpg

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I'd actually love a 700 HP SUV, and so would my wife, for that matter, (she says she could have fun in it), but as I said before, it's the value proposition. I'm not paying a huge, stupid premium for it. I'm willing to pay more, but not 30,000 or something like that.
That's about how I looked at it a couple of years ago. But then I realized that I've already used up seven or eight (at least) of my nine lives. So, I finally decided that I'd rather use up my nonexistent children's inheritance before I find myself in a hospital bed with a broken back, or something.

We also have this intra-family performance war going on. How could I not buy a 'Hawk??
Of course, I had not counted on that she'd give up her beloved Macan Turbo and get one, too.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
lol, unfortunately I have little "little ones" so I can't play as profligately as I once did. Will have to live vicariously through you Jim.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle