Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The Official "I ordered" thread

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
You ‘youngsters’ are sure impatient... lol Well, we look fwd to your car getting ‘home’ & seeing some pictures. Hope the weather cooperates! Stay safe...
I mean.....sitting in the same place ready for delivery for a whole week with no tracking or scheduled delivery date / eta...and I am being impatient? I dunno...maybe modern shipping and Amazon Prime has spoiled me lol. That is crazy to me that that information cannot be provided for an expensive car, but I can watch my delivery tracking on a $2 item from Amazon, in real time, and it shows where the truck is and how many stops are ahead of me and a projected time of delivery......that all is updated automatically in real time as you watch....but I don't even know what day this car is going to go over from the final yard to the dealership.......lol I just think that's crazy how far behind freight for something like that is compared to consumer goods....

Yoguard

Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat
I mean.....sitting in the same place ready for delivery for a whole week with no tracking or scheduled delivery date / eta...and I am being impatient? I dunno...maybe modern shipping and Amazon Prime has spoiled me lol. That is crazy to me that that information cannot be provided for an expensive car, but I can watch my delivery tracking on a $2 item from Amazon, in real time, and it shows where the truck is and how many stops are ahead of me and a projected time of delivery......that all is updated automatically in real time as you watch....but I don't even know what day this car is going to go over from the final yard to the dealership.......lol I just think that's crazy how far behind freight for something like that is compared to consumer goods....
Your dealership should be helping you out on this. These car companies & dealerships need to move into the 21st century! Like you mention, Amazon can track millions of items, yet these car companies can’t work with their dealerships to keep customers informed.@customercare give this buyer some help...

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Your dealership should be helping you out on this. These car companies & dealerships need to move into the 21st century! Like you mention, Amazon can track millions of items, yet these car companies can’t work with their dealerships to keep customers informed.@customercare give this buyer some help...
@customercare

Yoguard

Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
OK, still sitting in the same yard.....still no ETA......What the hell is the deal with this.....this shipping SUCKS. I still don't even know what day my car is getting delivered even though its been there 2 fu**ing Weeks....o_O:mad:

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
OK, still sitting in the same yard.....still no ETA......What the hell is the deal with this.....this shipping SUCKS. I still don't even know what day my car is getting delivered even though its been there 2 fu**ing Weeks....o_O:mad:
It's all dependent on the route for that carrier truck. When there are enough cars going to the dealers on that route to fill a truck, that's when it goes. They don't do deliver on a case by case inventory basis.

If it's truly at a final rail yard destination, where it is put on a car carrier to be driven to dealer, your dealer does have the option to hot tag it.

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
It's all dependent on the route for that carrier truck. When there are enough cars going to the dealers on that route to fill a truck, that's when it goes. They don't do deliver on a case by case inventory basis.

If it's truly at a final rail yard destination, where it is put on a car carrier to be driven to dealer, your dealer does have the option to hot tag it.
Well.....I am assuming that it wouldn't take long considering that they have like 400 or so cars en route from FCA....

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
Well.....I am assuming that it wouldn't take long considering that they have like 400 or so cars en route from FCA....
Wait, you got it from Koons, right? If so, ha, you have any idea the size of the DC area yard, dealer network it covers, transportation hassles on the roadway. Baltimore yard/Port is not far away and gigantic. A carrier only holds, what, 8-9 cars?

Considering the number of dealers in the DC/VA area and MD, those 2 yards probably handle a dealer network of inventory well into the 10s of thousands yearly.

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Wait, you got it from Koons, right? If so, ha, you have any idea the size of the DC area yard, dealer network it covers, transportation hassles on the roadway. Baltimore yard/Port is not far away and gigantic. A carrier only holds, what, 8-9 cars?

Considering the number of dealers in the DC/VA area and MD, those 2 yards probably handle a dealer network of inventory well into the 10s of thousands yearly.
Sure did....now you make me feel like I am gonna sit here waiting until January lol

The tracking says its waiting in Akron....

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
Sure did....now you make me feel like I am gonna sit here waiting until January lol

The tracking says its waiting in Akron....
Ahhh, so it hasn't even gotten to DC yet where a carrier truck takes it to the dealer. No idea then man, could be there is a large backup of vehicles to be railed and a train only holds so many. Remember that yard most assuredly serves all manufacturers. Now you have Thanksgiving week to deal with....

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Ahhh, so it hasn't even gotten to DC yet where a carrier truck takes it to the dealer. No idea then man, could be there is a large backup of vehicles to be railed and a train only holds so many. Remember that yard most assuredly serves all manufacturers. Now you have Thanksgiving week to deal with....
Welly our optimism is surely making me feel better! LOL According to tracking though, from where it sits next stop dealership.....via truck.....

Edit: How many vehicles has GM shipped this quarter....probably not a lot right with the strike?

Last edited:

Yoguard

Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat
Welly our optimism is surely making me feel better! LOL According to tracking though, from where it sits next stop dealership.....via truck.....

Edit: How many vehicles has GM shipped this quarter....probably not a lot right with the strike?
Mine entered production a wk or so ago and this past Thurs it arrived at dealership. Can't get it till Tues because the dealership is changing ownership and redoing their signage. The problem seems to be with these rail yards and the amount of cars going through them. Since it's been so slow, I called the hotline for a ship date and they told me it was already at dealership. Dealer's been closed for renovation, but went by to see it. Worth the wait, now I hope to get it home before it snows again. Good luck to all that are still waiting....

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Two full weeks? I can only imagine your language if it turns into four months, like our '19 took.

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Two full weeks? I can only imagine your language if it turns into four months, like our '19 took.
4 Months???? I will be beyond pissed if that happens to me....

Last edited:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Well, four months and eight days I think it was, from completed build to arriving at the dealer.

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Well, four months and eight days I think it was, from completed build to arriving at the dealer.
OMG Seriuosly? Where in the country are you located?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
In the Rockies, so not exactly next door to the factory, but it could be farther, too.
Actually, once it finally got on a train it went somewhat quickly. But for whatever reason, after it was built, it just kept getting moved between different yards for months.

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
In the Rockies, so not exactly next door to the factory, but it could be farther, too.
Actually, once it finally got on a train it went somewhat quickly. But for whatever reason, after it was built, it just kept getting moved between different yards for months.
Geesh man, I would lose my mind.....I dunno if I would be willing to wait that long...I might have just said forget about it...lol