Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The RF Lockout Is Done, What's Next?

TheRedKey

Founding Member
Law Enforcement
Member ID
Reactions
City
Port St Lucie
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
I didn't try the Samsung tracker.

From my understanding:

IGLA = prevents the car from being stolen

Compustar: Alerts you that the car is being stolen

Most I talk to are going with IGLA.
Compustar has a ignition relay lockout when the alarm is armed and GPS.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
GPS is an add on for Compustar right? Through Dronemobile or something?

How does it lockout the ignition relay? Is it wired in and can be bypassed or is it through the canbus system?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
yes as David stated, annual mileage limit. At least with Hagerty, it's not just one hard limit - they have at least two categories. I have my Cat in the lowest one, and the Scat in the next higher one.
What is the mileage limits?

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Hagerty has tiers, Grundy just states it can't be a daily driver. I think the base Hagerty Tier is 4,800 miles a year which is 100 miles a week.

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
I don't recall exactly, but I think the low tier may be 2-3,000/yr mx, pretty sure the next one I have my Scat in is 6,000/yr max. If you go to their site and play like you are asking for a quote they should come up as a pulldown menu IIRC.

TheRedKey

Founding Member
Law Enforcement
Member ID
Reactions
City
Port St Lucie
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
GPS is an add on for Compustar right? Through Dronemobile or something?

How does it lockout the ignition relay? Is it wired in and can be bypassed or is it through the canbus system?
Yes, Dronemobile.
It can be wired in or in the case of Chrysler vehs its thru the canbus. Chrysler cars require cannablization of Compustar parts from my understanding.
When the alarm is active you cannot start the car even with the oem fob. So in the case of cloning or making a fob it wont work.

Last edited:

TheRedKey

Founding Member
Law Enforcement
Member ID
Reactions
City
Port St Lucie
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Because of this thread, I checked with Hagerty, Grundy and State Farm (my current insurer) this morning. State Farm came in cheaper with a lower deductible. While SF didnt have an "agreed upon value", KBB and NADA werent far off from what I considered fair (like $2K). Disclaimer, I have had SF for over 30 yrs and I did multi veh qoute inquiry (16 Hellcat and 17 RAM). Hagerty was a close 2nd but the deductibles were 1k.

Last edited:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I've been reading reviews of Hagerty customers and many of them aren't very good. (For actual claims made)

Has anyone here had a good experience when actually making a claim with Hagerty?

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Grundy's reviews aren't that good either. My experience so far is "so so" and I'm reserving final judgement until everything is finalized.

I will say looking at Hagerty their website looks much more modern and I did get a comparison quote from them for my car this year and the guy was very responsive, gave me his personal info for executing the quote should I want, etc. Granted that's the front end, not the back end of filing a claim.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #110
Go to www.gingerbreadinsurance.com

Or 844-335-9095

We met them at an event. They said they would shop your policy with all of the different carriers for the best price and coverage.

Haven't tried them yet but they were very nice folks that we talked to.

Deano

1000 Posts Club
Law Enforcement
Member ID
Reactions
City
Roy
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WBHC
Your opinion please.
Lock the glove box so the thieves do more damage accessing the star connector but can't start the engine. However, maybe it will discourage or slow them down.
Or, leave it unlocked, they can get to the star connector easier, maybe do less damage, but, still can't start the engine.

Last edited:

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
Just wanted to say this is an extremely useful thread for me. Lots of ideas to help me sleep better at night. 😴
I have been with State Farm for decades and have noticed before their rates for me with quite a few vehicles and homeowners don't seem very bad. It's the KBB that has me worried. As used car prices drop more again I'd prefer the stability of an agreed value. Sounds like Haggerty and Grundy are the 2 main players. I don't drive my car more than 3k per year so the lowest tier sounds like it's right for me.
Regarding good or bad experiences with Haggerty, I have a friend who totalled a Camaro 6th gen at Road America and Haggerty took care of everything without hassle and provided a check for the insured value. My friend raves about that experience as being a life saver when he was already super stressed after a bad wreck. That was track insurance of course but same company and same agreed value policy.

ostmike

Vendor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Portersville
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat
I didn't try the Samsung tracker.

From my understanding:

IGLA = prevents the car from being stolen

Compustar: Alerts you that the car is being stolen

Most I talk to are going with IGLA.
OST Dyno is officially an authorized IGLA installer after completing our installation training yesterday. Definitely an eye opening experience being trained by one of the best Mopar system trainers out there. Our premium package will be the installation of the IGLA Alarm system along with a Drone Mobile X1 Max. We do not install Compustar. Our standard package will be the IGLA Alarm alone. The IGLA alarm will prevent the creation of new keys with the tools commonly available to do this (and prevent Chrysler from creating new keys as well unless you authorized them). It will also prevent the stealing of your car using other common methods that I won't detail. It will not prevent your car from being loaded on a flat bead and being hauled away. However, most thieves are not using flatbeds.

The Drone Mobile option with our premium install package will let you know if your car experiences a glass break or is tilted or raised. It will also provide GPS tracking information even if the thief's cut the cars antennas used by Uconnect. It is just an extra level of information to the owner. In the case of Speedy's car he would have received a notification that someone broke his window. How he chose to respond to that notification is up to him. The IGLA would have prevented the creation of the key no matter how long the thief tried to make a copy. Even if the RH Hub was replaced a key would still not be able to be produced on the new RF Hub. The IGLA system is a solid deterrent and is why we decided to become an installer to offer an extra level of protection to our customers.

If anyone is interested the basic IGLA system install including hardware is $1200.
If you choose the premium system with the Drone Mobile X1 Max it is an additional $300 including hardware if chosen at the time of the installation of the IGLA system only.
The Drone Mobile does require a subscription that varies in price depending on the features (mostly GPS ping rate) starting at approximately $125/yr.

If you are interested in scheduling an install please email support@ostdyno.com

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
OST Dyno is officially an authorized IGLA installer after completing our installation training yesterday. Definitely an eye opening experience being trained by one of the best Mopar system trainers out there. Our premium package will be the installation of the IGLA Alarm system along with a Drone Mobile X1 Max. We do not install Compustar. Our standard package will be the IGLA Alarm alone. The IGLA alarm will prevent the creation of new keys with the tools commonly available to do this (and prevent Chrysler from creating new keys as well unless you authorized them). It will also prevent the stealing of your car using other common methods that I won't detail. It will not prevent your car from being loaded on a flat bead and being hauled away. However, most thieves are not using flatbeds.

The Drone Mobile option with our premium install package will let you know if your car experiences a glass break or is tilted or raised. It will also provide GPS tracking information even if the thief's cut the cars antennas used by Uconnect. It is just an extra level of information to the owner. In the case of Speedy's car he would have received a notification that someone broke his window. How he chose to respond to that notification is up to him. The IGLA would have prevented the creation of the key no matter how long the thief tried to make a copy. Even if the RH Hub was replaced a key would still not be able to be produced on the new RF Hub. The IGLA system is a solid deterrent and is why we decided to become an installer to offer an extra level of protection to our customers.

If anyone is interested the basic IGLA system install including hardware is $1200.
If you choose the premium system with the Drone Mobile X1 Max it is an additional $300 including hardware if chosen at the time of the installation of the IGLA system only.
The Drone Mobile does require a subscription that varies in price depending on the features (mostly GPS ping rate) starting at approximately $125/yr.

If you are interested in scheduling an install please email support@ostdyno.com
I have heard of Drone Mobile but didn't realize it's a modular system that can be installed with IGLA too. How much is that system installed without IGLA?

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Your opinion please.
Lock the glove box so the thieves do more damage accessing the star connector but can't start the engine. However, maybe it will discourage or slow them down.
Or, leave it unlocked, they can get to the star connector easier, maybe do less damage, but, still can't start the engine.
Ones I've seen they just tear out the panel under the glove box to access the STAR port so I don't think that matters. I like the idea of being notified the car is being tampered with like Mike describes above. Dronemobile likely does geofencing @ostmike ?

TheRedKey

Founding Member
Law Enforcement
Member ID
Reactions
City
Port St Lucie
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I have heard of Drone Mobile but didn't realize it's a modular system that can be installed with IGLA too. How much is that system installed without IGLA?
https://www.compustar.com/search/?query=drone
You will need a Compustar authorized installer. Also be weary of Compustar customer service, they omitted crucial advice when I inquired about compatibility of a specific security kit. Prices vary depending on where you buy it and who installs. My kit with the Drone installed was under $500 at a Best Buy.

ostmike

Vendor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Portersville
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat
We do not offer that as an option since it will not prevent a theft. We offer IGLA Alarm install or IGLA Alarm and Drone Mobile install as a package. Our goal is to offer a service that will significantly deter a theft. We are also offering the option to know that your car is being tampered with and track it if moved.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #118
We do not offer that as an option since it will not prevent a theft. We offer IGLA Alarm install or IGLA Alarm and Drone Mobile install as a package. Our goal is to offer a service that will significantly deter a theft. We are also offering the option to know that your car is being tampered with and track it if moved.
Do you make house calls?

ostmike

Vendor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Portersville
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat
Ones I've seen they just tear out the panel under the glove box to access the STAR port so I don't think that matters. I like the idea of being notified the car is being tampered with like Mike describes above. Dronemobile likely does geofencing @ostmike ?
Yes, Drone Mobile also does Geo Fencing. The IGLA and Drone Mobile are a fairly stout combination with the IGLA being the key deterrent and doesn't care where the network is accessed - a key cannot be authorized. The Drone Mobile may provide an option to catch a thief in the act or follow your car should you be so inclined (not recommended).

ostmike

Vendor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Portersville
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat
Do you make house calls?
I do not but have someone who does. PM me for details. It will be $1200 +travel expenses.