Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Thermostat potentially may be stuck closed…

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Testing T stats last night, one is out of motor before rebuild, it’s NOT going back in. Got it from HHP, at 205 just started openning, it says 180 on it. One I have new in box that says EVENFLOW on box, same design, same insignia in the stat well where temp rating is stamped, started to open at 185, full open at 190, on cool down fully closed at 178. I tested a 160 I have as well, same insignia inside it, it was fully open by 170 and closed back up at 155. I have no idea the OEM on these??? I won’t be using the 160 so if anyone wants it let me know, $25 shipped. I just ordered a new $50 180 Misimoto last night, will test it too when it arrives. T stats where offset in pot and pot offset on burner to keep direct heat away from their operating end. Heat applied slowly so units had time to respond to heat change, tested with digital gauge, I’ve done this with every t stat I’ve ever changed, I hate antifreeze about as bad as caulking so repeat work for a non working t stat isn’t in my game plan ever so I test them before use, most times old one and new one in same pot just like this, my wife loves it lol. Now I know why my fans ran so much, t stat I was using SUCKED!! View attachment 47877 View attachment 47878 View attachment 47879 View attachment 47880 View attachment 47881
A man after my own heart. Thanks for the leg work on those Go, that's really useful info. I'm sure of the answer already, but I thought i'd ask this: none of the tstats exhibited any obvious visible damage or misalignment or anything right?

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
A man after my own heart. Thanks for the leg work on those Go, that's really useful info. I'm sure of the answer already, but I thought i'd ask this: none of the tstats exhibited any obvious visible damage or misalignment or anything right?
Nope