Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

To sell or not to sell the Trackhawk

OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #21
Ah, renegging now, are we?

Oh, wait a minute...aren't the TRXs 4-doors? No wonder you think I should get one.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Ah, renegging now, are we?

Oh, wait a minute...aren't the TRXs 4-doors? No wonder you think I should get one.
Add 1 more taxi to Jimmy's collection.

Waiting for the build sheet.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Hey, at least these two 4-doors are parked under a roof. That's more than ChargerChallenger can claim.
CC...parks his jeeps inside..while the two family pet dogs..sleep under the stars every nite....somebody should do something...

OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #24
CC...parks his jeeps inside..while the two family pet dogs..sleep under the stars every nite....somebody should do something...
He has more cars than that dealership by Frisco that got looted. Wouldn't you have guard dogs, too?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
He has more cars than that dealership by Frisco that got looted. Wouldn't you have guard dogs, too?
shitzoo's aint guard dogs...and explain the the two llamas in the garage that sleep next to the mustangs...

OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #26
Alright, I've been looking for tires suitable for snow, slush, and ice, for hours. Didn't think that the OE ones would do all that well, and Tire Rack backs that suspicion up.
Besides, they're run-flats so they weigh a lot, which obviously kills performance, and don't ride all that well.

At first I looked for skinnier ones (and wheels) for mine, but realized that my girlfriend has the identical setup.
So I started looking for stock size tires.

Long story short. I'll have her order the Conti DWS tires for her car, and if they seem to work out, I'll get them for mine, too.

Yep, I'm keeping it. All four doors and all (unless I change my mind).

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Alright, I've been looking for tires suitable for snow, slush, and ice, for hours. Didn't think that the OE ones would do all that well, and Tire Rack backs that suspicion up.
Besides, they're run-flats so they weigh a lot, which obviously kills performance, and don't ride all that well.

At first I looked for skinnier ones (and wheels) for mine, but realized that my girlfriend has the identical setup.
So I started looking for stock size tires.

Long story short. I'll have her order the Conti DWS tires for her car, and if they seem to work out, I'll get them for mine, too.

Yep, I'm keeping it. All four doors and all (unless I change my mind).
Good to hear. Knew the 4 doors would eventually seduce you.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat

Hellion

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Johnstown
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
I can't keep up with the OP thinking. I say sell everything, evaluate what you really want and start over.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
@1971demon man needs some rest so dont tease him since the grand kids are wearing him out cause the wife sure ain’t unless beating him in her C8:whistle:
He's never gonna live the "C8 episode" down :ROFLMAO:

OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #31
Who said I was thinking?!?
I'm trying to thin the herd, that's all, and a car I don't really drive seemed to be a good place to start.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Guys, I could use some opinions and suggestions here. As some of you know, I've been considering selling the 'Hawk, a '20 with 1,805 miles on it. That's in eight months, and I feel bad about it just sitting.
It was bought as a fun replacement/alternative to a '14 Ram 1500, a truly boring but practical all-weather beater car, now with about 22,500 miles on it.

With the sales paperwork in front of me, seller's remorse is really setting in. Maybe the 1500 will fit in the garage, and it could be cocooned until I get tired of the 'Hawk? Or wrap it around a tree. That wouldn't cut down on vehicles, but I'd feel less bad about the 1500 sitting.

And no, I'm not selling the 1500. Couldn't replace it, since I don't care for the new design.

So far the 'Hawk hasn't even been driven in rain, but my fear is that with it's wide tires it won't be all that good when traversing some six inches of slush, that sometimes collect between the lanes, when going to pass someone. Yes, I've started looking for narrower wheels for winter use.

So what would you suggest, and more importantly, why?
Jim, if you can afford it financially (insurance, payments, whatever) keep them both. You know you want that 14 to stay and it is a known quantity, you like it, and it gets you were you need to go when you need it. Nothing bad about keeping the TH if you feel you don't want to part with it.

OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #33
You're right, Magnified. One thing that'll help is that the driving season for the Challenger is coming to an end soon (heck, we're supposed to get snow tonight). That means the 'Hawk could see some use.

Meanwhile, the 1500 will get put into hibernation in the garage. Until I either crash and burn the 'Hawk, or get tired of driving it. And I'll ramp up the efforts to sell some other vehicles instead.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
'atta boy Jimmy! You are a Jeep guy through and through and deserve to own their top vehicle!

OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #35
That's a good point, Eric. My second vehicle was a Jeep, and I've had (and have) many of them since.
But it feels more than a little odd to have one that shines on pavement instead of in the rocks.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
You're right, Magnified. One thing that'll help is that the driving season for the Challenger is coming to an end soon (heck, we're supposed to get snow tonight). That means the 'Hawk could see some use.

Meanwhile, the 1500 will get put into hibernation in the garage. Until I either crash and burn the 'Hawk, or get tired of driving it. And I'll ramp up the efforts to sell some other vehicles instead.
No shit? The snow I mean. I was just out at my place over labor day and it was hot as hell at 8100 feet. Depresses me; was never that hot when I was younger, and the forest is getting whacked by the invasive asian boring beetles (and now the blah blah western caterpillar that is moving up in altitude because of the increased heat). But I did see 30, yep, 30 golden eagles swooping diving gliding and generally getting their flight on in my valley. Never seen anything like it before - must be something to do with mating season.

I have two up for sale, and old PU and the SC GTO.

20200908_103807.jpg

OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #37
It's been hot here, too. In the 80s, which is not the norm.

But I'm surprised at the lack of birds, yesterday and today. Usually the hawks (the winged kind) and eagles are out in force when the weather is about to get bad.
Or maybe they're up there and I just can't see them because of all the smoke?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
lol, me too. I'm about to post it up at the old GTO site I was on years ago. Funny thing is one of the truck drivers making a delivery to that store asked the manager about it. So he got one of the fliers even before I'd put the for sale on it. It's in great shape - wish I could keep but never goes anywhere. I'm a bad owner.

OP
Jimmy N.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thread Starter #39
Somewhat funny tidbit I almost forgot about. And another reason to keep the 'Hawk.

Yesterday it came up while talking to a neighbor. He mentioned that their whatever-it-is hybrid SUV is very fast.
Then that his Toyota pickup also has a lot of power.

Now, I don't know how much that V6 puts out, but the pickup is probably about 10 years old. Lumber rack and all, he claims that it'll spin the rear tires. Okay, fine.

But he wants to race it against my 'Hawk. Anybody care to take bets?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle