Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Today it was my turn ------

Bboyd

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Monongahla
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Hellcat
-------- to be pulled over by the po po :(

Was out for my usual Sunday am drive in the Hellcat. Had some asswipe in a large 4 door Benz pull out in front of me from a side road. Since there was no other traffic & it was a passing zone, I blew by the guy & continued. There was some dude in a white SUV that was tracking behind me, but he was unable to pass the Benz & got stuck behind him. Eventually I caught up to a stupid lifted PU poking along (in a no passing zone of course) and the other 2 caught up.

We got to where the road goes to 4 lanes & the PU went to the right lane & I slid past him on the left. Was looking in the rear view to see what the other 2 were doing & I could tell the Benz dick was messing with the SUV and boxing him in behind the truck. Apparently he got bored with that & zoomed up on me, going into the right lane & hanging in my blind spot. I was coming up on where I turn right to head for home (and the speed limit ratchets down from 55 to 45, then 40 in about 2000 feet) & Mr dickhead was still dogging me. Soooooo I prodded the go pedal to get in front of him only to look up & see the cruiser sitting on the other side of the road. I got on the brakes to slow down & Benz dude whipped into the left lane & blew by, radar detector never went off but the cop fired up his lights and pulled out. At 1st I thought (hoped) he had seen what the Benz dude was up to, but it was me he wanted.

He said he clocked me @ 62 in the 40 zone. I told him what had been going on with the Benz & that I had been trying to shake the guy, but it was clear he intended to give me a ticket. Took my DL (didn't even wait for me to fish out my ins card & registration), went to the cruiser & came back with ticket in hand. He glanced @ the other docs & handed them back. He did only write me for 9 over, so $130 fine + $20 for traffic school (if I want to beat the points) - 1st ticket in about 30 years.

Not going to break the bank, but still sucks. I think I'm more pissed off @ the jackass in the Benz that caused the whole mess & skated away :mad:
not sure how it works in Florida, But if u request a hearing and ask judge If u pay the fine in full can he wave any points on ur license?? worth a try !!! Good luck…

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
When I was practicing in Houston there were scams for both truck accidents that incorporated doctors, lawyers, and a mill of folks to find the "victims", as well as rip off ambulance services that would scam medicaid for unnecessary or not performed runs in cahoots with nursing homes and the like, along with the ubiquitous corrupt officers that would knowingly pull over folks (moneyed folks) who they were pretty sure weren't DWI, but arrest them for it. They wanted people who would fight the arrest (which is not cheap) and rack up huge over time working the case, preparation, testimony, etc.... While none of these scum bags were people I knew, I did have an encounter with one - when I called this doctor's office who had been recommended by another attorney to get looked at for either a cold or just a basic check up, the first thing the girl who answered the phone asked was "Who is your attorney?"

Humans are innately fallible beings, and I don't care what your position is, there are some who will be rotten.

EDIT - I discovered the ambulance scam because I was looking in to buying one (they were immensely profitable, suspiciously so). Then a few months later the Feds and locals took that service and a few other down.

Last edited:

T_Trahan44

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2012 Challenger SXT
Not worth the risk, they do tend to show up here + most of the judges are not very lenient + he noted on the citation the 'observed speed' + the radar detector was sitting on the dash. Easiest path is to just pay the $150 & sit thru the stupid class (they are on-line now).

What I really want to know is why the stupid detector didn't go off, they are using Stalker Patrol K band units, nothing exotic :mad:
I had to do a class last week. It wasn’t too terrible. We all had laughs, the instructor tried to make it as painless as possible. So it wasn’t the worst way to spend the morning.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
The last time I went (could go) to traffic school, I did a burnout in the parking lot when we were let out for lunch.
Still passed.

Last edited:

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
The last time I went to traffic school which I go often, I showed the teacher how to do a burnout in the parking lot and then we went out for lunch. I gave some pointers and emphasized dont trust the 4 door participants😁
Still passed.