Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Top Fuel Drivers Walk Out Over Track Conditions At Brainard

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
one of those perfect storms....track with no lights, with a noise curfew, chasing dusk, and then a massive Funny Car oildown and a rushed clean-up job. Really noone to blame as far I could see, other than NHRA leaving a little more time wiggle room in the schedule for stuff like this. I just feel bad for the fans paying good money and getting screwed out of a nitro session. If the NHRA had some business ethics, they would do something for them.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Yeah all the funny car runs in the right lane right before that should not count. Hagan had the left and was 1st after the 1st round but was knocked to 3rd. Not one funny car went down in the second round in the left lane

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
one of those perfect storms....track with no lights, with a noise curfew, chasing dusk, and then a massive Funny Car oildown and a rushed clean-up job. Really noone to blame as far I could see, other than NHRA leaving a little more time wiggle room in the schedule for stuff like this. I just feel bad for the fans paying good money and getting screwed out of a nitro session. If the NHRA had some business ethics, they would do something for them.
That and it was incredible comparable cool Friday and certainly was beautiful later as the sun was going down. So more power was on tap as traction was going away. Sucked bad yesterday (hot as hell). Today has a marginally better forecast with DP’s and temps, hope to see some good racing. We will see.

Sometimes they do suck up there. Once on a day I was running the course they covered a big spill spot about 1/2 way down the half mile (just past the lights). Shit the lowly Challenger was busting loose let alone something with more than 10x the power.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Watched the finals, Was surprised to see funny cars with a higher speed and lower times than the dragsters? 332 MPH, WOW!!

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Watched the finals, Was surprised to see funny cars with a higher speed and lower times than the dragsters? 332 MPH, WOW!!
Top fuels were faster. Fastest funny car was 3.88 with most in the 90s.

Salinas went 3.65@338 during eliminations

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Top fuels were faster. Fastest funny car was 3.88 with most in the 90s.

Salinas went 3.65@338 during eliminations

I’m talking the finals, top fuel, Pruet lost, Funny car don’t remember, only caught the end and after watching the funny cars I was waiting for faster from the dragsters but was surprised by slower runs from them.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I’m talking the finals, top fuel, Pruet lost, Funny car don’t remember, only caught the end and after watching the funny cars I was waiting for faster from the dragsters but was surprised by slower runs from them.
Mph on top fuels is up and down. They were running mostly 70s in eliminations with some 60s. Funny cars were in the 90s mostly with a few going over 330

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
There are a few in both that have been over 330. Before they changed the rules a few years ago the funny cars were faster mph with height going 339 and hagan 338. On average I would say there are more funny cars then dragsters going over 330 at an event

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
There are a few in both that have been over 330. Before they changed the rules a few years ago the funny cars were faster mph with height going 339 and hagan 338. On average I would say there are more funny cars then dragsters going over 330 at an event
I'm sure there are NHRA talks once again on how to slow those speeds down.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk