Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Track Days - Where and when?

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
The RA course is always run in the same direction. The chicane is just before the Kink and slows you way down before the Kink if the club uses it.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Still on ice studs or el slicksters?? No matter,, want see my ass out there. If I can't spell dirt track,, then sounds like a STD to me. My southern ass want be out there but will be shivering in the stands. With Southern Comfort and a splash Jack.

sad

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartlesville
State
OK
Country
United States
.....@sad I am about ready to pull the trigger on the late March weekend at Hallett. Are you in?
Yup... I'm in. March 25 and April 22 (wednesdays) are already bought and paid for. If you're interested in either of these, let me know and I can get you the sign-up info.

If you'd rather do a end-of-week or weekend day, the event on my calendar marked "HST" are those hosted by the track owners. They also have sanctioned racing going on between HPDE sessions. The track owners are great people. Passengers allowed too. I've got 3 days highlighted (27-28-29).... If it's one of their events (all of them marked "HST" throughout the year), I generally do Friday and Sunday (march 27 and 29 - Friday and Sunday) - leaving Saturday on the table. Saturday tends to have more traffic.

But since you're coming a long way, just tell me what works for you and i'll make that happen.

sad

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartlesville
State
OK
Country
United States
by the way, i typed all that without much coffee... if it doesn't make sense at any point, ask away LOL

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Thread Starter #25
The RA course is always run in the same direction. The chicane is just before the Kink and slows you way down before the Kink if the club uses it.
OH, that. Now I completely understand. You mean you were not practicing some drifting through there?

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #26
by the way, i typed all that without much coffee... if it doesn't make sense at any point, ask away LOL
I am just waiting to pour my first, so it reads like a term paper!:p
I think we can do this. Now to systematically ask someone to come along. Last night the Mrs stepped aside and so this lets me quiz a couple of buddies this weekend.

@Doc B and @TrackDay I am 90% sure I'll plan the June 6-7 MVP weekend. Wow, after that, I'll change it back to a street car for a while, change the oil and give her a rest. Quite an early year schedule coming up. TD I'll use up those things I am entirely sure now.

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
I won't be running with MVP this year. I hear they're a great club, but it doesn't fit my schedule.

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Outstanding weekend of racing. Meet some great people at SGMP and Silver Dollar. If you guys are on the forums, thanks again for saying hi and the advice.
Great racing you guys!!

Me and a modded Redeye at SGMP went heads up and the announcer said it was by far the best two races of the day. Each race came down to a bumper or less.

Doc B

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ripon
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
Okay, you guys school me. I know which turn is the Kink etc. but do these MVP people run it in a different configuration or counterclockwise? Help me out. Sometime soon I need to make some commitments and plans, I want at least one trip to RA this summer, and I am ready to plan it now, especially if some other members are also going over.

@TrackDay unofficially June 1 will be the long configuration for the Vette Club, I am awaiting a phone call/confirmation on that. I'll post back here when confirmed.

@sad I am about ready to pull the trigger on the late March weekend at Hallett. Are you in?

@hellno can you make that little skinny thing turn right and left also? You know we are talking road racing here, right?
Just before the Kink, the RA people use a little S that goes to the left and merges back in right in the middle of the kink. It takes the 100mph kink out of the equation.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #30
@Doc B I am registered June 6-7 RA. Let's get some other members, this is getting a bit east now. Who else is in? We are doing a weekend at the resort by Elkhart Lake, that way she can spa while I burn rubber and fuel.

I am also in for BIR May 4.

The early stuff...darn it still pending. Hedging towards OK in March if I don't hear from Dallas soon!

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #31
I am in for March 28-29 in Oklahoma. We have tires to heat cycle, a suspension to get dialed in and a car that will be a lot different I believe. That track is much different than the high speed home track here, I don't expect the HC will do that well but, it will give me a chance to throw it around then come back up here and be ready for these higher speed courses. @sad looking forward to seeing you run your toys around also!

I may not have any brakes and tires remaining by June, but oh well, like they said in another thread, can't take it with me. None of it comes from China, so I can get more:p:p

sad

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartlesville
State
OK
Country
United States
Oh I’ve got plenty of brake pads for ya! Lol.... looking at your private message now.

sad

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartlesville
State
OK
Country
United States
Ok.. I’m on roster for March 29/29.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #34
Oh I’ve got plenty of brake pads for ya! Lol.... looking at your private message now.
We need to talk! You got rubber too?:D

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
I admit I wish I could come down. An Atom is on my top 3 list for next track day cars. I doubt I'll sell my Challenger, but I plan on a retirement gift of a Class C RV and a smaller, more maneuverable car that I can travel some with.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #36
I admit I wish I could come down. An Atom is on my top 3 list for next track day cars. I doubt I'll sell my Challenger, but I plan on a retirement gift of a Class C RV and a smaller, more maneuverable car that I can travel some with.
Hope to catch you somewhere, if not, we will need to start talking about local C&C or shows:p Let us know what you are planning.

My friend who purchased the '15 is bringing that one over for that weekend also! It was a good day yesterday after I told him I was coming down and suggested he needed to get away, he made it happen!

sad

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartlesville
State
OK
Country
United States
I am in for March 28-29 in Oklahoma. We have tires to heat cycle, a suspension to get dialed in and a car that will be a lot different I believe. That track is much different than the high speed home track here, I don't expect the HC will do that well but, it will give me a chance to throw it around then come back up here and be ready for these higher speed courses. @sad looking forward to seeing you run your toys around also!

I may not have any brakes and tires remaining by June, but oh well, like they said in another thread, can't take it with me. None of it comes from China, so I can get more:p:p
Getting close! Now i just need to get off my butt and start getting things ready.... I have March 25 as a shake-down day for the Atom. Vette did great in Dallas.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #38
Getting close! Now i just need to get off my butt and start getting things ready.... I have March 25 as a shake-down day for the Atom. Vette did great in Dallas.
Got the little car out yesterday! Going to drive it 250 miles back home today. With just the front sway bar (softest setting) along with the strut brace, I am already pretty happy. First time I turned a corner aggressively (which was the first), the rear came around smartly! I recovered it quick. Hope it was not all just cold dusty pavement. But the street set only has 305's in the front, and it brought the 345's right around! Can't say the lady in the passenger seat was all that happy. A few hundred feet down that road I had to demonstrate to her "I did not punch it around the corner". As I went WOT at about 50 mph (found out just the new tension bars in the back were already working well at eliminating some hop), she remembers the 800 hp monster and shut up. Ha, DA was about 1000' or less, it seems to have not lost any power while it was hibernating.

Those two units up front really are working well together. It made the front end much, much better at turning-in already. Did it really make it more of an oversteer car? I doubt it, but I'll dream about that all the way to Oklahoma. Now to get the remainder of the goodies installed:p
That weekend before I will do the brakes and check everything again. We all are looking forward to it. My former '15 will be coming over with a new set of DP brakes. So my buddy is going to catch the bug also.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #39
@sad is it true? We can post about car stuff now!!

I'll be damned, Hallett says confirm for May 2-3! The Redeye is howling uncontrollably! The trailer is flat scared. The Grand Cherokee is more than ready. I am ready to participate in a riot ANYWHERE!

The mail says I'll have a link tomorrow for priority registration. In the scheme of things that is only one weekend after our original schedule.

BIR was May 4, it will need to wait until June with the Corvette boys.

sad

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartlesville
State
OK
Country
United States
I need this day!! Will keep you posted as I try and get re-registered.