Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to SRT owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Track Night 5/29/20 - Good & Bad

Mean Cat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I only got in 2 passes at HRP & the DA started at 2119 & was 1963 on last pass, 10.31 & 10.27 , I was at FULL weight except for the rear Race Stars & DR's with 5/8 tank of gas.
No more skinnies ( stock wheels & tires on front ) & no front seat delete or anything removed from trunk. So that's all good but on pass #3 , about 4 cars b4 my turn I'm hearing a clicking noise like a rock is in the Driver side DR tire , so I jump out to look & maybe get the rock off but it was a big headed sheet metal screw in it , I don't mean a little screw , it was pretty big , so I didn't want to make that pass & take a chance of it coming out on the burnout & going flat 1/2 way down the track. So I pulled to the side & wasn't sure how deep it was in tire so I had my multi tool that has pliers & pulled it out & pssssssss , oh shi* , I stuck it back in the tire & aired up & took off home , I was watching the tire pressure gauge on the dash & I barely got on the Freeway & the air pressure was dropping fast , screw came out , had to pull over & used the tire sealant on the factory air pump. I'm telling you that stuff works ( DON'T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT ) , drove 60 mph all the way ( 1 hour from track ) & it was funny cause I still was passing some cars on the way home :LOL:.
Still had a good time & the place was packed !

WARNING - IF YOU THINK YOU HEAR A ROCK IN YOUR TIRE - CHECK IT , IT MIGHT BE SOMETHING ELSE ?
IMG_0642.JPG

Last edited:
OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #2
Check out those R/T's o_O

Rcasa20

Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Shores
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye Widebody
@Mean Cat Which tire sealant did you use? Thx!

OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #4

tkracing1

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
I only got in 2 passes at HRP & the DA started at 2119 & was 1963 on last pass, 10.31 & 10.27 , I was at FULL weight except for the rear Race Stars & DR's with 5/8 tank of gas.
No more skinnies ( stock wheels & tires on front ) & no front seat delete or anything removed from trunk. So that's all good but on pass #3 , about 4 cars b4 my turn I'm hearing a clicking noise like a rock is in the Driver side DR tire , so I jump out to look & maybe get the rock off but it was a big headed sheet metal screw in it , I don't mean a little screw , it was pretty big , so I didn't want to make that pass & take a chance of it coming out on the burnout & going flat 1/2 way down the track. So I pulled to the side & wasn't sure how deep it was in tire so I had my multi tool that has pliers & pulled it out & pssssssss , oh shi* , I stuck it back in the tire & aired up & took off home , I was watching the tire pressure gauge on the dash & I barely got on the Freeway & the air pressure was dropping fast , screw came out , had to pull over & used the tire sealant on the factory air pump. I'm telling you that stuff works ( DON'T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT ) , drove 60 mph all the way ( 1 hour from track ) & it was funny cause I still was passing some cars on the way home :LOL:.

WARNING - IF YOU THINK YOU HEAR A ROCK IN YOUR TIRE - CHECK IT , IT MIGHT BE SOMETHING ELSE ?
View attachment 17984
You guys are so lucky... no racing here. Lot's of rioting though.

Bboyd

Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Monongahla
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Hellcat

View attachment 17984
U are making us so proud!!!

OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #7

Bboyd

Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Monongahla
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Hellcat
OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #9
I need some lessons on those R/T....💪
Pretty simple , on the 3rd yellow ( on the tree ) let off brake & punch it , lol.

Bboyd

Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Monongahla
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle