Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Traded my Tesla Model 3 Performance for a Hellcat

Phizzle

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Wow, who would've thought a Tesla owner would jump into a hellcat. They're literally opposites of each other LOL! Congrats by the way, love chargers. Looks very evil in that black color.

Wifey is planning on getting a Tesla actually. We need to have a healthy balance of gas guzzler and fuel saver in this household.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I got the beer gullzlers going on with Alex from the Double D. She runs around $500 an hour. Damn rock chips. Hav e not had that problem since college. Damn rocks. Shine for a $1,000.

OP
S
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lacey
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
In the market
Thread Starter #43
Wow, who would've thought a Tesla owner would jump into a hellcat. They're literally opposites of each other LOL! Congrats by the way, love chargers. Looks very evil in that black color.

Wifey is planning on getting a Tesla actually. We need to have a healthy balance of gas guzzler and fuel saver in this household.
Thanks! I definitely love the way it looks. I’m addicted to that supercharger whine too.

I think you’ll enjoy the Tesla. Do a thorough inspection upon pick up. If it’s not up to your standards don’t hesitate to turn it down and get another one ordered. Then immediately go for full paint protection if it’s within your budget.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thanks! Yours looks great too. I told everyone I would never buy another black car, but that all changed when I saw this one with the demonic red interior.
I have never set out to buy a black car. I have three of them right now. Plus a white and a silver. White and silver so much easier to maintain. But black can look GOOD when it's clean.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
Thanks! I definitely love the way it looks. I’m addicted to that supercharger whine too.

I think you’ll enjoy the Tesla. Do a thorough inspection upon pick up. If it’s not up to your standards don’t hesitate to turn it down and get another one ordered. Then immediately go for full paint protection if it’s within your budget.
If your addicted to the supercharger whine.. wait til you can actually hear it with an after market CAI. I would recommend either BWoody or LMI. I have Bwoody on my Charger with a heat shield.. on the challenger I went LMI with no shield since cold air comes in the one hood scoop.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Nice ride btw the Widebody Charger HC looks particularly nice in black.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I have never set out to buy a black car. I have three of them right now. Plus a white and a silver. White and silver so much easier to maintain. But black can look GOOD when it's clean.
Black is only clean for about 5 minutes after you clean it hah. Such a pain. But it is worth it

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
The WB makes the car look bigger and heavier but don't like the Durango front bumper. The '19 grille was a great change and it should have carried over to the WB
I’m glad it didn’t.. us 19’ charger owners get a one off.

JP426

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Walla Walla
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
You need to enter that Charger in the Hellcat of the Month contest. Sorry the environmentalists are after you now!

YMMV

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Morris Co
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
18 Charger HC
Just went from environmentalists loving you to hating you. Oh and Greta too. lol.

Congrats on the new vehicle and welcome! PS, Chargers rule!

Not going to lie, I have thought about getting a Tesla eventually but won't be at the cost of giving up any of my gas hungry vehicles.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Mr 1320,
You are going to blow the neighborhood up. Just find a guy down south of the tracks named Hound Dog. Drop him a note of what you are looking fer. Give him a $10 and say I will be back tomorrow fer a taste tester. Keep your Glock handy. You will find the right person. Or go to Total Wine and findwhat you want then make it into what you want. Straight stuff, take 1/2 out in a jar and add what ever is going on at the time, fruit wise. Add your fruit and place in the freezer for at least 24 hours. Never ever freeze. Add that to your strawberry shake and a straw and no one knows. Add a couple of cubes and maybe a spoon or 2 of strawberry ice cream. Man you got ya'll self a fine time.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I entered mine, but was discriminated against by folks jealous of my additional doors I got for the same price as them

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
What happens when you purchase your car from the insurance company. Kinda pulls to the left unless you are in reverse.

Grape Ape

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Braselton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Welcome to the team! That wide body sure makes those taxis look more appealing! :ROFLMAO: Just messing with ya. That's a great looking cat. Enjoy!

OP
S
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lacey
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
In the market
Thread Starter #55
If your addicted to the supercharger whine.. wait til you can actually hear it with an after market CAI. I would recommend either BWoody or LMI. I have Bwoody on my Charger with a heat shield.. on the challenger I went LMI with no shield since cold air comes in the one hood scoop.
I actually have a JLT intake waiting to be installed. I’m looking forward to a little more whine.

OP
S
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lacey
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
In the market
Thread Starter #56
You need to enter that Charger in the Hellcat of the Month contest. Sorry the environmentalists are after you now!
I will do that.

At least they won’t be able to catch me!

OP
S
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lacey
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
In the market
Thread Starter #57
Just went from environmentalists loving you to hating you. Oh and Greta too. lol.

Congrats on the new vehicle and welcome! PS, Chargers rule!

Not going to lie, I have thought about getting a Tesla eventually but won't be at the cost of giving up any of my gas hungry vehicles.
Haha, they definitely don’t seem to be too thrilled with my decision.

The Tesla would be a great companion to the Hellcat, but I can confirm it’s absolutely not a replacement.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
You need to tell the Musk Man club they have shorted the Motor Fuel taxes in this country a Billion plus dollars and growing every year. Gee thanks what a deal to this country you own a electric vehicle and no contributions to state and fed road taxes. But yet they get to drive around and use all the roads and bridges at no charge to them. And oh by the way the carbon foot print o make all these roads is pretty big as well. And until they drive their Musk Man car X Amount of miles they have not accomplished anything over a ICE age car.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Mr 30 hea,
Hickster after 9 pm so the critters know I can have my fun but tonight all good talk. Is there?? Yea and let Ms Nancy know not to forget what she has placed into ,, or taken out of eveyones pockets. Any way, I do own about 10 H/C tee shirts, 4 H/C masks, under garmentes want speak of, due I own a H/C not sure. I think the bank does, but it is a fine auto to drive. Been a vette man since 1973. Didn't even have a license before I built my 1st vette. 1964 worth a fortune about now, but the tesla was interesting to to listen to your opinions. Good points and you have children and still have that whine and power behind ya. Good choice and good selection. These dudes I am not so sure about.
Sissys,,,, they don't own hand guns and or wy fules, can't drink shine, can't build an engine. Boy,,, stepping on my dickster but can't win the package every day. Welcome. And a new push rod up every ones colon.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US