Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Trading the Cat

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Maintenance/upkeep cost after the bumper to bumper warranty, I did not care for.
Had a 2012 535i M-Sports Package and that car had maintenance problems (after the warranty) ever 5 to 6 months. No matter if the dealership or private mechanic shop worked on the car....they all use the same rates sheet, cost was the same.

Each repair was no less than $3k = $6k per year
Then the tires, Z-rated Run Flats $624 each = $2.5k

That is $8.5k in maintenance and upkeep after the warranty.

Just sharing my experience. Hope you have a better experience.

sad

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartlesville
State
OK
Country
United States
Track buddy and coworker of mine has a 2016 M2. Great little car.

I too was concerned and warned him about the gauge cluster which is really not much more than a dummy light. He got himself an OBDii plug and an app on an iPad mini. Mounted low, but in a place that is easy to scan with your eyes while on track. Gauges are now very comprehensive. Much like in the SRT pages.

OP
Usmc341

Usmc341

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Henderson
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #43
Maintenance/upkeep cost after the bumper to bumper warranty, I did not care for.
Had a 2012 535i M-Sports Package and that car had maintenance problems (after the warranty) ever 5 to 6 months. No matter if the dealership or private mechanic shop worked on the car....they all use the same rates sheet, cost was the same.

Each repair was no less than $3k = $6k per year
Then the tires, Z-rated Run Flats $624 each = $2.5k

That is $8.5k in maintenance and upkeep after the warranty.

Just sharing my experience. Hope you have a better experience.
Thanks for sharing. I won't be keeping the car past 2-3 years tops. None of my hellcats lasted longer than 2 years either.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Well the deal is done. 2020 M2 Competition now sits in my garage. My first BMW or non-domestic car period.
Things I like:
-Car goes around corners like it's on tracks.
-Twin turbos have no lag that I can detect
-Killer sound system stock
-All M cars come with a free 1200 mile "Run in service." At 1200 miles all fluids are changed (oil, differential). This is a first for me with any vehicle.
-All M cars are test-driven at the factory with an extensive checklist, including things as simple as tracking straight on the freeway.
-3/36,000 of complimentary maintenance.
-4/50,000 bumper to bumper warranty
-Paint is perfect
-Interior very roomy and comfortable for a smaller car

Things I'm not too crazy about:
No oil dipstick. The car tells you oil level in the EVIC
-No engine temperature gauge.
-No boost gauge
-iDrive display complicated
-Almost everything is automated car will actually send a text to the dealership when service is required. BMW has basically taken the wrench out of the owner's hand
Overall I'm pretty satisfied so far. Overall quality is really good (it better be for $65k).
View attachment 12614 View attachment 12615
Nice clean little sportster and definitely the right color! Lol. Good luck with her. I bought a new Z3 roadster when they came out. And other than handling, I did not have a good experience. I will not buy another BMW. Hope your experience is the best and the car impresses you. Have fun.

OP
Usmc341

Usmc341

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Henderson
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #45
Nice clean little sportster and definitely the right color! Lol. Good luck with her. I bought a new Z3 roadster when they came out. And other than handling, I did not have a good experience. I will not buy another BMW. Hope your experience is the best and the car impresses you. Have fun.
Thanks for your input. Only have 500 miles on it but I'll tell you I'm having a blast. Of course no where near the straight-line thrust of the Hellcat but a real driver's machine. Hard to explain. I realize a couple of guys on the forum had bad experiences BMWs. It happens. But, I did my due diligence and did tons of research before I bought it, and it's at or near the top of every reliability survey/test I've found. It may or may not work out for me. It may be the most reliable car I've ever owned or a total lemon, just like any new car. All I can do is hope for the best.