Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Two paint shine product reviews by a relatively impartial Limey (not a Sub Limey, AFAIK, but, hey, who knows.)

Member ID
Reactions
City
Tulsa
State
OK
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Hellcat
Here, he reviews all three grades of CQuartz, properly applied, to observe their properties. One of them left NO water spots when water was left to dry on them!

Here, he reviews four waxes. The Slide Test was my hands-down favorite.
I suggest watching through both videos. You may learn a few things.
I learned that I have not been using any methodology that is even remotely good for pre-shine-stuff prep on the car. Putting shiny lacquer on a gravel road will just leave you with a shiny gravel road, you know?

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
It's a good video on explaining the differences btw polish, wax and these new ceramic coatings. Limey did not have any Griots products, which are the best. Couple times a year I clay-polish-wax. At least he states a polish/wax is proper. I have used their products for more than 20 years and have won several Best of Class custom motorcycle shows with their use. Their products are the best, and nothing like that is shown in his overseas collection.

I did watch that video yesterday. He has good info on what everything does, but IMO he did not have a conclusion, on best. I'll stick with the old fashioned "warm glow" wax products.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I use all their products and I am very happy with the results. Waxing is easy, I use the random orbital and a very light coat of wax as per instructions. Let the entire car dry for hours! Then take the Speed Shine, take it off with one rag, then keep a good clean one for the final buffing and shine. It was so easy, I did one coat last Saturday and one more on Sunday. That was after claying and then using polish on the car, especially where I spotted any hairline scratches. The car always looks great. Some of those other products are good also, just wanted to add to your thread. This is an older video from them, they did have one showing what I describe above but I can't find it now.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Meguiars is a really good company and too bad the old man died a few years ago. He was a huge car enthusiast. Great info and sometimes I wonder but I always buy the Meguiars.