Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Uconnect 18.43.01 OTA Update

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
My car still refuses to do the OTA update, and hasn't for a very long time now.

For now, I'm happy it wont, and I won't be doing it manually either.
Good call.

Bob
Riverside, California

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
For the life of me I cant understand why a car needs a cellular phone signal? I don't want my car talking to anyone, nor do I want anyone talking to her. If everything works there is no need for an update. My performance pages, engine gauges, and radio all have a mind of their own. I know it has done the "update" once but all the problems are still there. I am very interested in disabling anything cell phone related.

No I don't have a tin foil hat on at the moment, but what information is coming and going thru that antenna?

Member ID
Reactions
City
Auburn Hills
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger SXT
Well... uconnect never fails to disappoint.

I haven't nailed down the parameters, yet... but when I double tap the SRT button,to set my custom drive mode, the screen appears and nothing happens.

All of the settings "appear", but the vehicle runs like it's in default mode, but clearly indicates custom mode... and I get a warning stating: "Level currently unable to change."

Really? What a mess.

Hey @DodgeCares ...UConnect isn't doing FCA any favors by consistently compromising the integrity of our vehicles.

Someone needs to come up with a plug and play cell delete...

This is an intermittent failure. Like I said, I haven't nailed down the parameters... yet.

18.45.01 sucks... at least in my case.

Bob
Riverside, California
Hi Diboblo,
Sorry to hear you are experiencing this concern. Please know, Update 18.45.01 did not affect Performance Pages. It insures continuous access to GPS-based features, without the update these features will stop working. We kindly recommend having your dealer inspect this concern for you as they are in the best position to assist. If you do work with your dealer, we would be more than happy to provide you with additional support.
Rob
DodgeCares

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hi Diboblo,
Sorry to hear you are experiencing this concern. Please know, Update 18.45.01 did not affect Performance Pages. It insures continuous access to GPS-based features, without the update these features will stop working. We kindly recommend having your dealer inspect this concern for you as they are in the best position to assist. If you do work with your dealer, we would be more than happy to provide you with additional support.
Rob
DodgeCares
I'll download a fresh copy & re-install.

<post edited, from a clearer perspective.>

Bob
Riverside, California

Last edited:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Well... uconnect never fails to disappoint.

Bob
Riverside, California
Wait a minute! You have "700+" hp instead of 707?

Well, I suppose that could be a good thing, if it's 730 instead of 701.

Uhbubye2u

Member ID
Reactions
City
Oregon City
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Well... I thought everything was cool, but just discovered my NAV is dead.

When I start the car, and drive it, the GPS locks on to the last static position, and never changes, during the trip.

When i then park the car, sometimes it updates to the new static position... sometimes it keeps the previous position, but never changes from either one, during the trip.

Not that I use my NAV that often, but it should work!!!

Sheesh.

Trip to the dealer, I guess.

Bob
Riverside, California

<EDIT> Performed a radio reset via driver side temp up & down menu. No joy.
I just experienced this the other day and was not sure why, now that I'm reading this thread it makes me wonder if my UConnect updated itself. I also lost all my SiriusXM stations.

A week ago i had a few stations inform me that I am no longer subscribed to them. ODD, especially since I never contact SiriusXM. I assumed the old owner changed his station selections, but now I'm thinking it's the new update.

Side note, I did receive the update postcard from FCA that had the USB flash drive, but my wife didn't know what it was and why it was on the eating bar, so she tossed it in the garbage.

Question: what should I do now?

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I just experienced this the other day and was not sure why, now that I'm reading this thread it makes me wonder if my UConnect updated itself. I also lost all my SiriusXM stations.

A week ago i had a few stations inform me that I am no longer subscribed to them. ODD, especially since I never contact SiriusXM. I assumed the old owner changed his station selections, but now I'm thinking it's the new update.

Side note, I did receive the update postcard from FCA that had the USB flash drive, but my wife didn't know what it was and why it was on the eating bar, so she tossed it in the garbage.

Question: what should I do now?
Visit driveuconnect.com & download 18.45.01.

Bob
Riverside, California

Uhbubye2u

Member ID
Reactions
City
Oregon City
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Visit driveuconnect.com & download 18.45.01.

Bob
Riverside, California
Thank you Bob, I'll give that a try this upcoming weekend (if I have time) and see what happens.

NYCSRTATE

Member ID
Reactions
City
NYC
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Charger Hellcat
2017 Charger Hellcat.

I can't even get to see what version im on.

Settings/System Information: see attached picture, anyone else's look like mine?

I check the uconnect site and it says my version is up to date.

No ota nothing.

Why can't I see what version im on?

20191210_195525.jpg

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Hellcat.

I can't even get to see what version im on.

Settings/System Information: see attached picture, anyone else's look like mine?

I check the uconnect site and it says my version is up to date.

No ota nothing.

Why can't I see what version im on?

View attachment 8406

Here you go...

APPS

SETTINGS:

SYSTEM INFORMATION:

SOFTWARE VERSION:

Bob
Riverside, California

NYCSRTATE

Member ID
Reactions
City
NYC
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Charger Hellcat
Here

Bob
Riverside, California
I know how to get there, I'm saying when I do navigate there I don't have a version tab etc like you do.

As per my pic, what model year are you?

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I have a screen on my '16 Cat that looks just like what Bob posted, but on my '18 Durango there is no software version # :mad:

Also, if you plan to update your system from a USB device (memory stick) make sure you format it before downloading the update or trying to apply it.
If there is any sort of stray file (even a hidden one) it can cause issues with the UConnect update software !!!

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Last 2 months have had a problem with loading the performance pages. 80% of the time it will not connect and says Later. Any one else having this loading problem lately??

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Last 2 months have had a problem with loading the performance pages. 80% of the time it will not connect and says Later. Any one else having this loading problem lately??
I have. Wanted to see the gauges while warning the oil up in preparation for an oil change, but no luck.
Naturally they came up after the change, on the 200-foot drive back to the garage.

Oh, and while I have yet to reset anything but Trip B when I change the oil, the email "Health Report" claimed a 49% oil life. That's after two years plus of ownership. Every six months, my a**.

NYCSRTATE

Member ID
Reactions
City
NYC
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Charger Hellcat
Pull the radio fuse and let the uconnect system reboot back up.

It may fix your issue.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Mine seem to load w-a-y slower than ever before & sometimes I get some msg about 'Uconnect update running' (I doubt it is). Always eventually loads tho.

NYCSRTATE

Member ID
Reactions
City
NYC
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Charger Hellcat
Mine seem to load w-a-y slower than ever before & sometimes I get some msg about 'Uconnect update running' (I doubt it is). Always eventually loads tho.

You may need a fuse pull also.

Uconnect is a seriously flawed, shaky platform.

Reboot!

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
You guys can try a radio reset:

Simultaneously hold down the driver side temp buttons, for about 30 seconds. This will get you into the engineering menu. From there, scroll down until you find RADIO RESET, or RESTORE FACTORY RADIO SETTINGS.

This may help.

Bob
Riverside, California

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
You may need a fuse pull also.

Uconnect is a seriously flawed, shaky platform.

Reboot!
Well... I reloaded 18.45.01.

The only problem I'm left with is when i double tap the SRT button, to set my custom menu, I get an error message that says the system can't set the horsepower.

By default, red key is 700+ hp, but the system no longer recognizes this and it must be toggled, in the CUSTOM menu settings.

I've nailed this issue down to it intermittently dropping the 700+ hp setting. This is when I get the error.

I enter the CUSTOM menu setup and tap the 700+ hp soft button and when I return to the drive modes screen, the error is gone.

Wait for some random amount of time and I'll get the error message, when I double tap the SRT button. It happened 3x, today. Seems to be getting more frequent.

Whatever. Supposedly, this update only messed with the gps. Not... This was NEVER an issue, before the update.

Oh well... it is what it is.

Bob
Riverside, California

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Been thinking about doing the reset or just yanking the fuse, but dread having to go thru & note all my settings so I can do them over :mad:
Basically Uconnect is :poop: