Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

V86 Emissions Recall

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
Well the Cat is phucked up again. I drove the car to Eagle River WI. last weekend no noise heard. I just got back from my Brother in laws house in Elmhurst the Wife got out, I pulled into the garage shut her down and the noise was back. Has anyone else have the problem reemerge?
Uh oh...

Is this after a flash "fix"?

Bob

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
fight_club.gif

Trucker Bob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Out of IL. Thank God
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger M6
Uh oh...

Is this after a flash "fix"?

Bob
My car was reflashed when FCA started the recall again, but before they said they had a reflash for the cars already Phucked up. I'll try to get back to dealer on Monday if I can.

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Got mine done today. No noticeable performance or audible difference. Car drives great. Got the stupid sticker under the hood and the new cat smell.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
In no hurry to get this done:cool:

Alain

Member ID
Reactions
City
Haskell
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I had an appointment for August 10th with my dealer. I backed out of it at the last minute. I'm not worried about emissions.

I'd rather replace my CATS with aftermarket ones than have the dealership touch my car or mess with PCM.

B5Cat16

Member ID
Reactions
City
S
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I had an appointment for August 10th with my dealer. I backed out of it at the last minute. I'm not worried about emissions.

I'd rather replace my CATS with aftermarket ones than have the dealership touch my car or mess with PCM.
Smart man.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Getting mine done tomorrow. Supposed to have been Tuesday, but was delayed from the storms. I'll post up the results

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Don't forget to take your shrunken head and voodoo dolls with you to protect you from the evil spirits "Dodge Tech" and "software update"

Last edited:

B5Cat16

Member ID
Reactions
City
S
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I have a better idea. Don't go.

2017 Redline HC

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Komoka
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
They dont have to drop the entire exhaust... just from the collector to the mufflers. Tips shouldn't be an issue.

Bob
I had mine done which resulted in one tip sticking out 1/2” from the rear valance and the other tip 1” from the valance. Before the recall the tips sat perfectly flush with the valance. I’ll get it up on the lift this weekend to adjust it and pull the identification stickers off which will eventually burn off and leave a mess....and stink.

Trucker Bob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Out of IL. Thank God
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger M6
I Went to the dealer on Monday they reflashed her again. The car still made the noise when I got home. I sent a video to the Tech which was sent to FCA. I need to get the car back to the dealer. FCA wants the Tech to take the drive belts off and see if the car make noise and send a video to the engineer. Is anybody else's car still Phucked up from the early recall guinea pigs?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I had mine done which resulted in one tip sticking out 1/2” from the rear valance and the other tip 1” from the valance. Before the recall the tips sat perfectly flush with the valance. I’ll get it up on the lift this weekend to adjust it and pull the identification stickers off which will eventually burn off and leave a mess....and stink.
F that noise. See the evil spirits post.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
I have not noticed any issue with the car after the service work was done. I also have done a 10.x pass in it since so if something was messed up... I'm not letting them touch it again.

I Went to the dealer on Monday they reflashed her again. The car still made the noise when I got home. I sent a video to the Tech which was sent to FCA. I need to get the car back to the dealer. FCA wants the Tech to take the drive belts off and see if the car make noise and send a video to the engineer. Is anybody else's car still Phucked up from the early recall guinea pigs?

2017 Redline HC

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Komoka
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
F that noise. See the evil spirits post.
????? Not sure what you’re referring to?
I’m sure the loosen everything off to slide the new section in.

Trucker Bob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Out of IL. Thank God
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger M6
I have not noticed any issue with the car after the service work was done. I also have done a 10.x pass in it since so if something was messed up... I'm not letting them touch it again.
Just wondering when you got the second reflash? Did you wait until they had the reflash for the cars that they Phucked up already or did you jump the gun like I did and get flashed when they reopened the recall? Any info will help since mine still makes noise. If you could post and after video of your car since they fixed it on your YT channel might help me. I sent the engineers a video of mine still making the noise and they want the tech to send a one with the belts off.
Thanks TB
Edit; I guess you know you've read that already? Brain Fart.

B5Cat16

Member ID
Reactions
City
S
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
If I brought my car to the dealer and one tip was sticking out further than the other after they worked it, I would lose my mind. Nope, NOT GOING!!!!! Car runs fine, not "fixing" it.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Just wondering when you got the second reflash? Did you wait until they had the reflash for the cars that they Phucked up already or did you jump the gun like I did and get flashed when they reopened the recall? Any info will help since mine still makes noise. If you could post and after video of your car since they fixed it on your YT channel might help me. I sent the engineers a video of mine still making the noise and they want the tech to send a one with the belts off.
Thanks TB
Edit; I guess you know you've read that already? Brain Fart.
If you don't have W56 applied to your vehicle then you do not have the fix. I suggest investigating if you have that recall done. Based on the comments you made your timing was too early to have the fix applied.

Trucker Bob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Out of IL. Thank God
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger M6
If you don't have W56 applied to your vehicle then you do not have the fix. I suggest investigating if you have that recall done. Based on the comments you made your timing was too early to have the fix applied.
What's W56? So you waited until they had a fix for the phucked up cars? What date did you bring your car back in for the reflash I took mine in on 7/9 Then I was on vacation for 2 weeks.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena