Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Well.... hell. Thinking of getting rid of the Charger Hellcat

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Hot chicks have always made me think of Ferrari’s and Lamborghinis high maintenance and their great for the ride but real world practically uhm not so much.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I cant believe how many young hotties I know that cant figure that out...:eek::eek:
Just think troop...I;ve made my money in marketing sales and distribution...and I've been amazed that women cant figure out they have the most valuable commodity on the planet..its not seasonal..never goes outta style...and here's the best part troop..no matter how many times they sell it....all they gotta do is wash it...and viola...they still own it...and can sell it again....:p:devilish::p:devilish:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Hot chicks have always made me think of Ferrari’s and Lamborghinis high maintenance and their great for the ride but real world practically uhm not so much.
Reminds me of an old saying about boats.......and the two best days of ownership....

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Reminds me of an old saying about boats.......and the two best days of ownership....
I did the boat thing for 20 years...and that sayin is Gospel

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Just think troop...I;ve made my money in marketing sales and distribution...and I've been amazed that women cant figure out they have the most valuable commodity on the planet..its not seasonal..never goes outta style...and here's the best part troop..no matter how many times they sell it....all they gotta do is wash it...and viola...they still own it...and can sell it again....:p:devilish::p:devilish:
I don't know if it's still around or not (@Hellcatcfp can probably tell us) but there used to be this paper in SoCal called "The Recycler". And there were ads for people selling everything under the sun. There was a "personals" section too, and back in the 80's and 90's it was full of ads for women "seeking mutally beneficial relationships". Those SoCal girls knew how to make a buck or two.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Funny thing..a few of my friends have them...never desired to own one..(the cars I mean)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I don't know if it's still around or not (@Hellcatcfp can probably tell us) but there used to be this paper in SoCal called "The Recycler". And there were ads for people selling everything under the sun. There was a "personals" section too, and back in the 80's and 90's it was full of ads for women "seeking mutally beneficial relationships". Those SoCal girls knew how to make a buck or two.
And like they say in the car Biz...there;s an ass for every seat...;)

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
I recall that Recycler as well. Locally, I remember one called Penny Saver...cars, personal ads, etc.

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thread Starter #50
OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #51
This is a tough one...hard to turn away with the value of the Charger being what it is...but you know with the aggressive expansion plans you've set forth...you wont be back...cost over rides..unforeseen f*ckups…..not sure what I would do...but..your minds made up..(I can tell)..will you at least write ???..gonna miss the stories..the sardonic wit..but..the Charger...(and the GTO)..are history...:(:(:(
GTO for certain. Hellcat not yet. Need to know more about the Redeye Charger. If it's a completely different animal....

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #52
So I guess you'll be driving the Expedition?
View attachment 20201
lol, that's one of the arguments for the sale. I drive it almost all the time anyway. Charger doesn't get thrashed or even washed like it should.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #53
Hey I have one and I think she’s pretty damn cool:cool:
View attachment 20207
EL with the extra 18-24 inches is the best in breed. With the kids, it's really the only way we can go anywhere all together bc of the adult size third row.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #54
As much as we hear @Magnified stories here wow........what do we do now:unsure: uhm nope have to
sell the wife or kid or dog or a lung or hey wait a second how about a book. And yeah the “Hellcat Adventures“ hmmm never know Amazon does sell books:unsure: Lets see how many sales to save the Hellcat....damn it’s possible:whistle:. Well hell screw it sell it and share your road adventures with buying a Pinto:geek:
Funny you should say that. I actually have 3 books in partially completed form. Two history, one fiction, but can't ever finish, no time. But back in the OLD days, when I was just buck crazy (and I mean NUTS) I had four folks tell me I needed to write a book. I pretty lucky to have made it past 35.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #55
Mmmm. You need to add 7,200 square feet to your home. Huh. Given that my wife and I are massively comfortable in a 2,400 square foot house... I don't know how a normal person is equipped to help you make your decision. Comparing storing 2,400 square feet of stuff and a 2,400 square foot garage without a Hellcat to having an awesome car you can drive at-will... I dunno. Doesn't seem right, but it's your world.

As for the business expansion, well, I've always understood that shouldn't be dipping into personal resources.
lol, anguish, thanks for that man. :) You're right, I don't NEED to add that much to the house; that's what I WANT to do to add to house. One of the things we do is build buildings and I always look at it this way - get every bit of space you think you'll ever need or want or use when you build from the start - adding it later is much more expensive. And there are complications with our location and slope (west texas is mostly flat and that messes with peoples heads). It will probably be pared down, by half or more; but somethings gotta move. Thank you for your input, seriously.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #56
My wife is pretty freaking hot. ................. Well, now that I think about it, she's kind of high maintenance too, but not like a Maserati or like that.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
My wife is pretty freaking hot. ................. Well, now that I think about it, she's kind of high maintenance too, but not like a Maserati or like that.
Pictures or it didn't happen;);)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Pictures or it didn't happen;);)
From the time I was 15...I thought my wife was the prettiest girl I ever saw...and at 67..I still think so...(though I would never tell her that)

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
lol, anguish, thanks for that man. :) You're right, I don't NEED to add that much to the house; that's what I WANT to do to add to house. One of the things we do is build buildings and I always look at it this way - get every bit of space you think you'll ever need or want or use when you build from the start - adding it later is much more expensive. And there are complications with our location and slope (west texas is mostly flat and that messes with peoples heads). It will probably be pared down, by half or more; but somethings gotta move. Thank you for your input, seriously.
How about this construction project for you?

FB_IMG_1594606845929.jpg

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Magnified, do I have the perfect deal for you...my Trackhawk.

It'll fit you perfectly as it also has too many doors, and non-round headlights.
Best of all, nobody will think you bought it at a used taxi auction.