Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Well, my 426 build was stolen.

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Or if anyone shows up at a car show or race event in your area with a 426 aluminum block?

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
It's very possible that they do not even know how unique that particular Aluminum Block is as they may just confuse it with any of the other Mopar aluminum blocks available.

That is what is going to get them caught.

Too unique.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
The shops initial guess at losses (before a complete inventory) is already at around $100K
Well...its not like a lawn mower...its gotta show up sooner or later...I know I wouldn't buy it from some scumbag...some shop somewhere has to complete the build..I sure wouldn't wanna get caught with it...sucks that it f^cks up your project …...hope it works out for ya:(:(:(

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Found out today my aluminum 426 (Hellephant) race block and Thitek heads are gone. My local speed-shop was burglarized last night and they were basically cleaned out. Beside my build, other blocks and heads were taken along with a various super chargers. Haven't heard a full inventory of everything taken but I'm sure many other performance parts left the building too. Sounds like they had plenty of time to pick and choose. No alarm system, just video. Lots of MOPARs waiting on site for misc. build projects, all now aborted for the foreseeable future. Thank goodness no cars were stolen.
Man that sucks. Hopefully the shop had insurance.

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Hope it’s not gone for scrap.🥺

OP
MiHiHemi

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
Thread Starter #26

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Found out today my aluminum 426 (Hellephant) race block and Thitek heads are gone. My local speed-shop was burglarized last night and they were basically cleaned out. Beside my build, other blocks and heads were taken along with a various super chargers. Haven't heard a full inventory of everything taken but I'm sure many other performance parts left the building too. Sounds like they had plenty of time to pick and choose. No alarm system, just video. Lots of MOPARs waiting on site for misc. build projects, all now aborted for the foreseeable future. Thank goodness no cars were stolen.
They fully insured or is the loss yours?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
If anyone sees an aluminum 426 block for sale out there, the part # is P5160138. Pretty rare number.

View attachment 17975
Was the block in the pictured condition or had build begun? If that is advertised....

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
The shops initial guess at losses (before a complete inventory) is already at around $100K
No cars were taken, just parts? Were there keys and vehicles available? I've seen some shops with similar break ins that were employee / former employee / "friend" related....

OP
MiHiHemi

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
Thread Starter #30
They fully insured or is the loss yours?
Insured luckily. Anyones guess at how long the ins. co. will drag their feet to pay though.

OP
MiHiHemi

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
Thread Starter #31
No cars were taken, just parts? Were there keys and vehicles available? I've seen some shops with similar break ins that were employee / former employee / "friend" related....
That would be my suspicion. All keys were visible, hanging on the wall in the lobby/reception.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
This is some bullshit, sorry to hear man.

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Shop goes un-named but I’ll tell you what else is bullshit..... them not having a significant alarm/theft deterrent system with cameras and motion detection that not only notifies law enforcement but also the shop owner with instant alerts. That stuff is so available at affordable prices today that in this case it’s just negligence on their part for not having it. Insurance will never cover the real cost for the loss of stuff like this. What do you think their insurance will cover on a $100k+ modded Hellcat if that was stolen? Just the fact that they don’t have that in place is responsible for this happening because it was obvious that they didn’t have it...... or its a inside job.
I think they had video, but just no alarm system.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
asking for it. as noted above, this was someone's friend, former employee, current employee, etc... who knew how piss poor the security was. I'd love to see the video and see if they knew were every freaking camera was ahead of time.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Years and years ago managed a beer and wine store in a major dry university city (we had to be located outside the city limits so there was a wine/beer/liquor strip outside town on each major highway that looked like Las Vegas). Next to us was our liquor operation but because of state law they had to close at 9 and we could stay open until midnight, one on Sunday morning, so we had a common front facade but the buildings were separate otherwise, with about a 2-3 foot gap between them. In the back we had separate "back yards" ours had a huge incinerator and 8 foot walls. All walls were steel panel over metal frame. We also had a BBQ and cashed pay checks etc.... On Friday and Saturday nights I'd be in the office with over 100 grand in cash (and about 200-250K in checks and CCs) alone, waiting to get knocked over after all the employees left. Never happened though. Would have been easy for someone to hide out in the ware house in the huge pallets of beer we kept there until after close and then out with a gun you come. Anyway.

We had the earliest versions of door alarms and even laser trip wires (fancy stuff for then). The office was a raised dais with half walls and 2 feet of glass at the top of them (so you could see the bulk of the whole store). So, here's the story of the great burglary.

One of our competitors down the strip was called Doc's. They had a van. So the burglars break into and hotwire the Doc's van. Okay as far as it goes, but I think the cops would have been suspicious as to why Doc's van was parked out behind our building, but whatever. So they take the stolen van and load an acetylene welding torch and a bunch of sledgehammers in it and drive it out behind our building. They get the torch out and push it up and over the 8 foot steel wall (didn't have razor wire on it at that time). They get it in the back without dropping it and roll it down the gap between the two beer and liquor buildings. They count the building frames and stopped at just the right spot, lit up the torch, and cut a hole in the steel wall behind the bread warmer in the BBQ. They pushed the bread warmer out and then made their way to the office at the front of the building, avoiding all the laser trip wires etc... They took a two wheeler from the keg room and grabbed the safe out of the office. They rolled it back to the hole in the wall, pushed the safe through, and then pushed / drug it down the gap between the building, pushed it up and over the 8 foot wall, and then lifted it into the Doc's van. They then drove to a nearby abandoned farm house and got the safe out and drug it into the house. There, they bashed the bottom of the safe who knows how many times with the sledgehammers. They eventually knocked the bottom out. And discovered their haul consisted of about one hundred twenty dollars in change! We only used that safe to store the rolls of change and were down to about $120 before being replenished by the bank on Monday. We put all the cash and checks in deposit bags in the floor safe. They left the van at the farm house and took two other get away vehicles away from it. They left the welder between the buildings.

Never found out if they ever caught anyone. We put the safe back in the office and continued to store the rolled coins there. Put a piece of sheet metal in the bottom to cover the hole.

Crime is stupid. I laughed at those mofos.

Last edited:

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Man that sucks @MiHiHemi , hope it works out good for ya.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
@MiHiHemi, so sorry to here about the underhanded bullshit. It really bothers me to hear of this happening to any one let alone a passionate mopar racer with octane pumping in the veins. I still look forward to the the build ie: can’t hide that specialty block. It’s like a Picasso painting, a work of art that who ever has it wants to show it off. Who ever stole it return it no questions asked you can’t show it off in the wild.The first thing people will look for are serial numbers then it will start raising flags even if the numbers are gone the questions are going to start. You bet your ass I would start serious questioning. Drop a anonymous whereabouts It can be left. We all want this engine in car to be showed off by a waaaay cool build and not kept in hiding because of a dirt bag move.

Last edited:

REDTIDE

Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Cape Coral
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 SRT challenger hellcat
sorry to hear this. that sucks !

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Man, sorry to hear. I am sure the high priced parts went 1st. Hope the insuance companies don't step on their dicks for too long. Those #s are long grinded off. Good luck.

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Man, sorry to hear. I am sure the high priced parts went 1st. Hope the insuance companies don't step on their dicks for too long. Those #s are long grinded off. Good luck.
Even if you grind off all of the #'s, this brand new Mopar Aluminum Block is easily identified by it's Specs(bore), the extra ribs cast into it along with the extra cam oil passage. It is the "Race" version 426 aluminum block with VVT that is not even in the catalogue yet. If they try to flog this block by grinding the #'s off - that will be the first giveaway that it is hot and will then get connected to the shop they broke into. It is too unique. I have seen this happen to many other stollen items that are rare to have. Especially with the Internet today and fellow Moparite connections.

Last edited: