Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What did you do to your Hellcat today?

Ralph

Member ID
Reactions
City
Glendale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat REWB
You're kidding right? I can't believe she'd be so stab footed that it would lurch forward like that. Mine was ridiculously mild mannered except when I'd kick it in the slats.
Yup, just kidding. Surge is due entirely to my foot "accidentally" pushing the gas pedal to the floor.

Idoru99

Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Springfield
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Redeye WB
@Hickster Sounds like you've lived full and interesting life, my friend! For the few times I've visited TN, I've loved it. I hope TN treats you well!

Too funny, @Ralph!

Now, I'm just waiting for Virginia DMV to get off it's collective butt so I can get some permanent plates on her.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Wife won't drive mine either. Doesn't like to go for a ride (car is too loud) and she doesn't like my driving. Somehow when she is in the car the gas pedal "surges" and she bumps her head on the head rest. This really bothers her. Wonder if this is something that warranty covers (hope not).
My wife loves to drive the Redeye. She really gets excited when I race and looks like this.

A7E29C55-4F0C-4491-AB33-9CF3237F3F2F.jpeg

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
If you really want to get maximum efficiency out of the install get some of this foam backer rod from McMaster and seal the gaps between radiator to intercooler and intercooler to condenser so the fan pulls air through the whole stack not from leaks between them. Position the original upper and lower rubber radiator caps over one groove on the new radiator seal the gap between the stack and the upper and lower radiator mounts so all the air caught in the front air dam has to go through all the coolers not around them. Cover with 1 1/2” wide Scoth Super 88 Electrical tape for that factory look and seal.
View attachment 51537 View attachment 51538 View attachment 51539 View attachment 51540 View attachment 51541
How did you seal the sides and bottom?

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
How did you seal the sides and bottom?
Same stuff all the way around, one long piece between each radiator to intercooler and the intercooler to condenser. Started at top passenger side corner, long enough tail to go down to corner where original drain cock was then across the top, down driver side, across bottom and the ends met and tucked in under the mount right above the drain cock. It too the use of extra long needle nose pliers and took about as long as installing the radiator did but it does help to get maximum pull and airflow from the tractor fan through all the coolers.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Same stuff all the way around, one long piece between each radiator to intercooler and the intercooler to condenser. Started at top passenger side corner, long enough tail to go down to corner where original drain cock was then across the top, down driver side, across bottom and the ends met and tucked in under the mount right above the drain cock. It too the use of extra long needle nose pliers and took about as long as installing the radiator did but it does help to get maximum pull and airflow from the tractor fan through all the coolers.
So I assume you gained access from under the car? Just getting details so we can start replacement next week.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
So I assume you gained access from under the car? Just getting details so we can start replacement next week.
Yes, all done from under the car with just the front end lifted, including getting old radiator out and new one in.
99E0079D-19D1-40CE-9F55-5FD2104A052F.jpeg

Jack stand up front is just holding the radiators up in place not supporting the car!!

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yes, all done from under the car with just the front end lifted, including getting old radiator out and new one in.
View attachment 51940

Jack stand up front is just holding the radiators up in place not supporting the car!!
Perfect. Thanks.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Aw, come on! You mean the rad mounts can't support the weight of the whole car! What kind of shoddy engineering is that.

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Just ordered a new LCD/Touchscreen replacement; not whole head unit. Apparently 2017/2018’s have had issues of screen bubbling/delamination. Mine just started bubbling and metastasizing very quickly within the week.

There were a couple of revisions after those years which apparently corrected the issue. A lot of eBay sellers are selling the original ones which will eventually bubble/delaminate again.

Found a guy on eBay who has been importing the revision. Asked the seller for the heads up because they sell out fast. He just gave me the heads up, so should be getting it out I think next couple weeks. Much better at about $700 than a whole replacement which could be a couple $K. And require a dealer visit.

Rather do it myself anyway. Will report back.

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
Changed the oil on the Cat and the Grand Cherokee. Productive morning.

Bob

TorRedHellgato

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New York
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Going to go to the garage and take it out for a drive today since its cool out. A little over 2 weeks since it has moved

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Enjoy.
Mine in garage, waiting on IDA to run its course.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Ok finally weather cleared up and got to drive the hc to work!! Got a call from the wife something is going on with front passenger tire on the DSRT. She put some air in it and was able to make it to our tire shop to meet. Pirelli scorpion run flat completely separated on the inner sidewall but never went completely flat. It’s about time for 4 new ones anyway so found out those pirellis mounted and balanced $2200😳 wtf!?! Put the spare on, left and ordered some toyo proxies. Not run flats, not y rating but the price was way better and they look cool imo. The guy at discount tire recommended them and learned nitto and toyo are sister companies. I also checked on Michelin pilot sport but vendors either couldn’t get them in that size or had a long lead time. Not a big fan of continental. Here is my wife cussing through her teeth at the tire shop🤣
BE70EAA3-B412-46E4-B74A-FD0679565DDE.jpeg

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Ralphie,,, there are exercises your wife can do at home to help her with the lunging forward,,,, problems. Do them in the comfort of your home. They do make training films that I found work well. Put the battery on the charger. Too hot here.

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Ok finally weather cleared up and got to drive the hc to work!! Got a call from the wife something is going on with front passenger tire on the DSRT. She put some air in it and was able to make it to our tire shop to meet. Pirelli scorpion run flat completely separated on the inner sidewall but never went completely flat. It’s about time for 4 new ones anyway so found out those pirellis mounted and balanced $2200😳 wtf!?! Put the spare on, left and ordered some toyo proxies. Not run flats, not y rating but the price was way better and they look cool imo. The guy at discount tire recommended them and learned nitto and toyo are sister companies. I also checked on Michelin pilot sport but vendors either couldn’t get them in that size or had a long lead time. Not a big fan of continental. Here is my wife cussing through her teeth at the tire shop🤣
View attachment 52727
oof…after how many miles did that happen?

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Never had much luck with run flats. They were all ways flat.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
oof…after how many miles did that happen?
About 45k is was due for some new ones. The tread wear for those is supposed to be 65k. Anyway just got a text. The toyo’s are on backorder too🙄

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I never got more than 5 K out of em. That is not even stepping into it. I have 13 K on the stock tires on the H/C now and they are lukin close. But, burn outs every outings. Not a daily basis.