Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What did you do to your Hellcat today?

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Wrecked mine Friday night. Needs a whole new front end and hood. Bus stopped at a RR crossing and the lady in front of me slammed on the brakes and all it took. Not even fast enough to set off the air bags,, thank H/C gods. But the hood is shot. Ate an extra helping of black eyed peas last night.

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Sorry the hear that…that really sucks man!

Any pics of the damage…hopefully a quick and easy fix?

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Hick keep us posted on repairs, hope it’s an easy fix.

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
Wrecked mine Friday night. Needs a whole new front end and hood. Bus stopped at a RR crossing and the lady in front of me slammed on the brakes and all it took. Not even fast enough to set off the air bags,, thank H/C gods. But the hood is shot. Ate an extra helping of black eyed peas last night.
Noooooooo!!!

Let's go, Brandon!

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Thanks guys and sum gals out there. Cash out of hand will hurt but keep the insurance company out is the best way to go. May BEEZ I can get a shaker hood out of this?? Got everything I wanted when I got raped except the shaker. I am attempting to bring this car back to retro. Got the engine painted, shiny black, red calipers, black louvers on the rear wind shield, I got the louvers for the small winders in the rear, need to get them painted the black, got the black outs for the rear lights. Don't dare do the fronts unless you want to get pulled over,, in Florida. Went that way twice. Aligator tears are dun and ready to move onward. Fix this ladies Kia mini van,, out of the way. Then fix mine the way I waz wanting to any way. New heat exchanger, pulley,,, ect. May as well. Still drivable to the dealer shit on Monday. Get parts ordered.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Thanks guys and sum gals out there. Cash out of hand will hurt but keep the insurance company out is the best way to go. May BEEZ I can get a shaker hood out of this?? Got everything I wanted when I got raped except the shaker. I am attempting to bring this car back to retro. Got the engine painted, shiny black, red calipers, black louvers on the rear wind shield, I got the louvers for the small winders in the rear, need to get them painted the black, got the black outs for the rear lights. Don't dare do the fronts unless you want to get pulled over,, in Florida. Went that way twice. Aligator tears are dun and ready to move onward. Fix this ladies Kia mini van,, out of the way. Then fix mine the way I waz wanting to any way. New heat exchanger, pulley,,, ect. May as well. Still drivable to the dealer shit on Monday. Get parts ordered.
Sorry to hear, you have shit ass luck man. Can I mail you four leaf clover or a horse shoe? If your heat exchanger is damaged I would avoid driving the car if possible. These cars heat soak too easily and if you are driving in hot weather that car is going to get hot quick with no way to cool itself down. Also pulley? Like which pulley? Not the one that makes the unicorns piss in your intake and then make you go weeee? If so I would for sure not be driving it!

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Sorry to hear, you have shit ass luck man. Can I mail you four leaf clover or a horse shoe? If your heat exchanger is damaged I would avoid driving the car if possible. These cars heat soak too easily and if you are driving in hot weather that car is going to get hot quick with no way to cool itself down. Also pulley? Like which pulley? Not the one that makes the unicorns piss in your intake and then make you go weeee? If so I would for sure not be driving it!
Thank you my friend. 1 20 am and still thinking and have driving gun shy. Driving like I am 65 years old. I am 3 weeks from being 65 years old. But will feel better to get this behind me. Not the 1st or last car I will wack. Just hate to look at it. Now the subject matter of OAcoolers. I am going to devise a new and better mouse trap while I have this critter apart. The new pulley,, 2.32 new one. I, myself, or me may tune it myself or have some one local with a dyno do it. I can only go so far with it and have done it a few times,, butser.May fork out that extr $$ and have a pro do it and then redo it myself. WHAT?? More than likely. I only have 1 moe year left on my exstended warranty, so what the hell. The MOPAR engineer I have met with 3 different times, says. Not a whole lot you can do to these engines to F em up. Kinda fool proof till you take the guts out and start messing with em. I have a good 1st year blue print to start with in witch dosen't cost that much $$ to increase the HP. Can get it to 1,000 hp with in $7,000. Or less. The heat exchanger will be the 1st. Cooler engine moe HP faster car.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
New Brembos and z26 pads. The rotors have some hot spots but 34mm so I’m fine with them for now.
B521EAB7-BABC-4C30-A8F2-0F025A32A20D.jpeg

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I walked by and watched mine quietly sleeping in its garage bay.

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
New Brembos and z26 pads. The rotors have some hot spots but 34mm so I’m fine with them for now.
View attachment 61104
Nice.

My clear coat is shit. Prolly pull them and have them PC, instead of paint.

Let's go, Brandon!

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Just did my winter rest up oil change. Stahlbus drain plug and oil cooler access door make the job a nice clean breeze. No more oil all over the floor and unscrewing a dozen+ Plastic push pins and 10mm screws. If I get my nerve up while the car is up my next mod is to pin the crank. I’ve got all the parts, just need to man up and do the work.
113619AE-59E3-422E-BF79-E2C9C5EFE788.jpeg
B23875E6-D0E1-4652-ADC1-ECE0C5C348C8.jpeg
44D7DC96-7973-4A6E-9C28-BA128C8A8309.jpeg FC1BBBE1-8D77-4C76-B51F-CC56EC4DAE56.jpeg

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Prayed.

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Not work done to the Hellcat, but work done for the Hellcat. I found an old respirator storage cabinet at work that was no longer needed. I painted over the respirator decals on the door, designed and CNC machined a sign for it, and machined some stainless steel posts to mount the extra shelf underneath the cabinet for all the filters. I am happy with how it came out, and now I have plenty of oil and filters on hand for the HC, SXT, and Jeeps.

Screenshot_20220103-202912.png Screenshot_20220103-202922.png Screenshot_20220103-202945.png Screenshot_20220103-202954.png Screenshot_20220103-203015.png Screenshot_20220103-203025.png

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
It is time to get started for the year. Started late today easy on it. Emptied the catch can. Next is the oil change.

18E033BA-5ADA-4B77-96C6-824AC314F559.jpeg
8B58B758-E1DD-4352-A6BD-8B7F1CAD7635.jpeg

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
View attachment 61104

The Z26s do MUCH better with an aggressive bedding - Be careful!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
agreed...but the best mod I ever made...(y)

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Cry, but maybe getting the car out of thr shop Wednesday. I about got onto a car fight today, Sunday, with these 2 idiots. Small crap cars that make an incredible a lot of noise. Sounded like a damn volcano exploded Ing. Of course I was in my nice and quiet Nissan. But these 2 ass holes with there wanning 2 cynders vermeters cryders noisy bastarders come up next to me at s stop light umming and being a being totally ab not shut not shit. I just rolled down my windw der took out my 14 inches Stiletto touch it to my Hell Cat Hat and said this is a real car. Reply from this shit was,, a Jag war,,,. You piece of shit. And I drove off in my 2.2 Niassan quiet car. Sea him again in the 6.2 Hell Cat,,, crap ass.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
F- ing penis Heads.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Aggressive? I thought this was supposed to be done slow for about 300 miles?

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
When I bedded in my Z23’s I think it was something like 3-5 hard stops from 30, back to back, and then again from 50-60 or something like that.