Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What did you do to your Hellcat today?

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Would just like to inform you that there is a hook on your gas door for the wire for the gas cap. Prevents scratches from the cap or gasoline getting onto the paint. Well informed is well prepared. :)
I was going to say something but apparently someone doesn't like my comments today.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
I looked into offering these, but who wants to drill holes in their fenders?

Bob
I was referring to the rear spoiler emblem.

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
I was referring to the rear spoiler emblem.
I think he did that one, too.

Same issue... drilling holes :(

Bob

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Last edited:

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Would just like to inform you that there is a hook on your gas door for the wire for the gas cap. Prevents scratches from the cap or gasoline getting onto the paint. Well informed is well prepared. :)

Damn Propeller Head, what can you expect?

@AeroF16

:p

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I was going to say something but apparently someone doesn't like my comments today.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Was it me? If so it was unintentional, sometimes I hit buttons haha.

It's my daily driver. It gets used a lot (even though I have other cars). I'm just not that anal about it.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat

It's my daily driver. It gets used a lot (even though I have other cars). I'm just not that anal about it.
I get it . if people saw my wheel wells from racing they would have a fit. LOL

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I was going to say something but apparently someone doesn't like my comments today.
That's because you race at fake Canadian tracks

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat

No not you. It's all good.(y)

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Drip
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Hellcat
Took her home yesterday. Threw in a UPT catch can and WeatherTechs this morning. The splitter guards were the first things to go.

hc4.jpg

hc3.jpg

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Dropped her off at the dealer to get the V86 recall done. Leaving it overnight so they can do it first thing in the morning when the exhaust isn't hot.

Also having them listen to the supercharger and see if they'll get a new one on order under warranty.

Bad part is, when I drove to work today I took the red key. Called the wife and told her to bring the black key when she was meeting me at the dealer this afternoon. She did not bring the black key.

Good part is, they sold me 3 oil changes for $165 total, so $55/ea. I'm coming due and figured I'd have them go ahead and do it since the car is already there and thats a great price for that oil and filter. Couldn't find it on sale anywhere.

Last edited:

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dropped her off at the dealer to get the V86 recall done. Leaving it overnight so they can do it first thing in the morning when the exhaust isn't hot.

Also having them listen to the supercharger and see if they'll get a new one on order under warranty.

Bad part is, when I drove to work today I took the red key. Called the wife and told her to bring the black key when she was meeting me at the dealer this afternoon. She did not bring the black key.

Good part is, they sold me 3 oil changes for $165 total, so $55/ea. I'm coming due and figured I'd have them go ahead and do it since the car is already there and thats a great price for that oil and filter. Couldn't find it on sale amywhere.
I posted a pretty comprehensive thread documenting my SC replacement, including video and the SC Star Case. I think it's in the maintenance section, if you need some info for reference.

Bob

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Removed the DODGE lettering and installed the Luxe 3 layer taillight divider.. 20200826_161306.jpg

Krazzeeddie

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chesterfield
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Wide Body Scat Pack
The method I had watched on You Tube was dry install. The way these grabbed I’m thinking the should have been done wet. I thought it looked pretty straight forward. I ended up with air bubbles which I couldnt do anything with. I’ll have them installed at a graphic shop when the new ones come in.
These were the factory Mopar carbon fibre kit.
It really all depends on the type of vinyl they used to make your stripes, if they recommend wet yes you can use a mixture of water, dish soap and alcohol but it does not work that great on large graphics, get yourself the smallest amount of application fluid you can get maybe ten bucks, flood the crap out of the decal and the car and use a good stiff squeegee, work your way from the center of the stripe out and from end to end you won’t get any bubbles.
Now if they recommend dry do the same thing minus the fluid the benefit of dry is you can pull it back up to adjust or if you get a bubble and put it right back down as long as you have not really burnished It or heat sealed it yet.

I just did these for a guy a couple weeks back, dry install.

Attachments

Last edited:

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat

Good part is, they sold me 3 oil changes for $165 total, so $55/ea. I'm coming due and figured I'd have them go ahead and do it since the car is already there and thats a great price for that oil and filter. Couldn't find it on sale anywhere.
Go her back today. No noticeable performance or audible difference after the V86 recall. Car drives great. Will post in the V86 thread.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat

tutorial just in case

Attachments

2017 Redline HC

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Komoka
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
It really all depends on the type of vinyl they used to make your stripes, if they recommend wet yes you can use a mixture of water, dish soap and alcohol but it does not work that great on large graphics, get yourself the smallest amount of application fluid you can get maybe ten bucks, flood the crap out of the decal and the car and use a good stiff squeegee, work your way from the center of the stripe out and from end to end you won’t get any bubbles.
Now if they recommend dry do the same thing minus the fluid the benefit of dry is you can pull it back up to adjust or if you get a bubble and put it right back down as long as you have not really burnished It or heat sealed it yet.

I just did these for a guy a couple weeks back, dry install.
Thanks, I took it to a graphics installer, for $60 he had it done perfectly. These were factory Mopar stripes, once down the vinyl stretched trying to pull it back to release air bubbles. The installer used a soap and water solution.