Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What did you do to your Hellcat today?

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye
Put some PS4S 345/30’s on some 12” wide wheels, that is about as good as it gets for the street. It works really good.[twothumb]
Thanks, after reading lots on here that's my plan, £325 ~ $450, I don't think a bad price for the size.
Finding someone to fit them is a nightmare, local tire shop closed down and one place I used ruined a set of rims which were only 10".

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
You have experience running in the wet, G?
Yes. 2 of the 3 days in that spec racer on the Comp course at Brainerd. Yours truly quickly spun out right at the first green. That was the first of many, including many more around me even with damage. It was a blast. One guy gave me a gift of a hint. If it rains, I’ll look forward to hardly any traffic and having some fun with just the good street tires. 500 hp mode will probably be used also.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Killer. Hate to see damage, but if everyone is a pro (or at least not a dumb ass) fun can still be had. I just have major trust issues.

1tBCl5nMWk2i7g8efjhxX-A.jpeg

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Someone else here was talking about getting one of those....but I don't remember who.
It rocks. I was driving around tonight. I have it in race configuration (dusty brakes) so too bad had to use Cup 2’s all around. Oh man, we thought we were in the Grand Cherokee Summit. It makes our cars ride around amazing. Then, I am working on a post. I sent DS a lengthily feedback early this week. It also helped high speed stability and my laps up in BIR last week. Set seven of my best ten sector times down the straight and b4 #3 entry. Did not look at the course time because one sector is way off because of the road condition. I have nearly 3 seconds in that sector penalty from when it was much, much better. In between it was making times along the course that I was trying much harder to achieve last year. The maximum speed down the straight increased by nearly 5 mph max and in our average of several laps. The session where I bolted the big meats on after warming up in the R888R’s it dropped 5-6 seconds per lap and was still slipping on the cold track! Flipping hit 167 mph.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Killer. Hate to see damage, but if everyone is a pro (or at least not a dumb ass) fun can still be had. I just have major trust issues.

View attachment 44074
Track owned the toys also. The panels on those are expected to get busted, so it is almost ok.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle

View attachment 44074
Oh trust. Ha the day before for half the day, we used old police cars. AND did side by side drills through the turns.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
It rocks. I was driving around tonight. I have it in race configuration (dusty brakes) so too bad had to use Cup 2’s all around. Oh man, we thought we were in the Grand Cherokee Summit. It makes our cars ride around amazing. Then, I am working on a post. I sent DS a lengthily feedback early this week. It also helped high speed stability and my laps up in BIR last week. Set seven of my best ten sector times down the straight and b4 #3 entry. Did not look at the course time because one sector is way off because of the road condition. I have nearly 3 seconds in that sector penalty from when it was much, much better. In between it was making times along the course that I was trying much harder to achieve last year. The maximum speed down the straight increased by nearly 5 mph max and in our average of several laps. The session where I bolted the big meats on after warming up in the R888R’s it dropped 5-6 seconds per lap and was still slipping on the cold track! Flipping hit 167 mph.
That's incredible. I mean incredible improvement from something that's essentially a bolt on. Or at least for me it is. Damn.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
That's incredible. I mean incredible improvement from something that's essentially a bolt on. Or at least for me it is. Damn.
I agree. Another easy thing to say is you can feel it is independently controlling the corners now.

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Replaced my fuel door cover overlay sticker.

OEM was chipping on the black section. Found a vendor online that had a near match.

You can see FUEL print is larger on the aftermarket one. However it shouldn’t flake as the letters are deep below a layer of clear rubber like lining. It’s smooth to the touch whereas the OEM had a somewhat raised lettering.

Excuse all the pollen; car was washed subsequently.

Attachments

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Did the Redeye last night. I’m pleased with the results.
30CFAC1E-B5E2-457E-B019-465A068DC610.jpeg

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Replaced my fuel door cover overlay sticker.

OEM was chipping on the black section. Found a vendor online that had a near match.

You can see FUEL print is larger on the aftermarket one. However it shouldn’t flake as the letters are deep below a layer of clear rubber like lining. It’s smooth to the touch whereas the OEM had a somewhat raised lettering.

Excuse all the pollen; car was washed subsequently.
Where did you order this from? Mine needs replaced. I thought about an aftermarket design but not sure I was to change the look.

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Where did you order this from? Mine needs replaced. I thought about an aftermarket design but not sure I was to change the look.
Found these guys from another forum. Went back and forth with the owner as was considering doing just "SRT", but ultimately I wanted it to be more OEM looking.

https://rebadgedesign.com/collections/fuel-door-inlays

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Found these guys from another forum. Went back and forth with the owner as was considering doing just "SRT", but ultimately I wanted it to be more OEM looking.

https://rebadgedesign.com/collections/fuel-door-inlays
I got one of these for my RE . It replaces the 'fuel' symbol with a hellcat that has the RE highlight in it (the cats on my car's fenders have been removed) Gotta be honest: wasn't happy with the gel/gelly like quality of the sticker. I thought it would be an etched metal medallion and encased with epoxy. It wasn't at all. Just a gel sticker that doesn't look like it would last at any length of time outside in weather. I never put it on.
Let us know how this thing stands up.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I got one of these for my RE . It replaces the 'fuel' symbol with a hellcat that has the RE highlight in it (the cats on my car's fenders have been removed) Gotta be honest: wasn't happy with the gel/gelly like quality of the sticker. I thought it would be an etched metal medallion and encased with epoxy. It wasn't at all. Just a gel sticker that doesn't look like it would last at any length of time outside in weather. I never put it on.
I’ve had this one on my green car for 4 years. Yes it gets real warm here in the summer time.
5A207C3C-4364-4AFB-892C-F9A13E820C39.jpeg

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Yea, I had thought the same thing that it may oxidize down the line. I put a coat of wax over it and figure I can probably use some kind of plastic polish if I see it start to oxidize.

On the other hand, I wouldn’t have expected that the OEM would be chipping at 3 years old either. Worst comes to worst, I can fix that one and put a coat of clear over it so it doesn’t chip like the OEM one.

Will definitely report back if I notice anything as this car is be frequently used. Also good to know that paladin has had a good experience thus far.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
washed the car. Had to get the weekly dust and bugs off of it from driving it everyday. Suppose to rain some this week and today:(

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yea, I had thought the same thing that it may oxidize down the line. I put a coat of wax over it and figure I can probably use some kind of plastic polish if I see it start to oxidize.

On the other hand, I wouldn’t have expected that the OEM would be chipping at 3 years old either. Worst comes to worst, I can fix that one and put a coat of clear over it so it doesn’t chip like the OEM one.

Will definitely report back if I notice anything as this car is be frequently used. Also good to know that paladin has had a good experience thus far.
Ceramic coat it. Problem solved. ;-)

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Removed my JLT engine mounted catch can and went with a UPR fender mounted one. Nothing wrong with the JLT, but with so many arguments for and against the use of them back when I bought it I didn't want to invest alot without seeing the effectiveness of them. Now that I’m a believer in their use I thought I would try a more sophisticated one. Again, JLT collected plenty of oil but UPR seems more like a machine with lots of media to condense and remove the oil mist. I also like the fender mount better as its out of the way, and said to be more effective.

Last edited: