Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What did you do to your Hellcat today?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Went to cars and coffee with the club and low and behold P2174 code reared it’s ugly face.......again. Checking the map sensors because 2 of the 4 had oil. Of course it’s the one that isn’t easy to get to so after letting the car cool I’m gonna pull that one, the last one to check it. Next pull the throttle body but I’m wondering what’s going on. Any ideas or guidance from anyone’s knowledgeable mind? Any help will be much appreciated.

2016 Charger Hellcat
2.85 pulley
Boost-a-pump
Tuned

Respectfully,
Manuel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ask your tuner

Designflaw

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sadieville
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 WB M6 Cat
It's the little things... until it the big ones next lol.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Member ID
Reactions
City
San Antonlo
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Taking it in. Just like to learn about the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
3.9 0-60 in a stock power m6.. not too shabby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Driving it today. Probably for the final time in 2020. It is filthy, dirty, dusty, but with red blood in my veins this morning, I could not let it set. I believe an unmarked may have enjoyed watching me enter a sparse traveled freeway earlier and do a 40-100mph demo for him. He was the only car in the left lane. Me? Just backed off, coasted as I caught up with other traffic in a gentlemanly and safe way. Apparently he enjoyed it, because he kept going. 45 degrees? Screw it. The PS4S’s steamrollers and new alignment specs....love it! Wait for the way home in a bit and 60-70 degrees now!

B7239530-D094-4109-9276-5554D152A16F.jpeg

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Bath day!
35651226-EC03-42E1-BAFB-D8585EC9359E.jpeg

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
3.9 0-60 in a stock power m6.. not too shabby
That was my average with my 16.
Need different tires before trying a decent time on my 19

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye
Filter had arrived at last so had an oil change today after break in, all good to go go go :D
Had a walk passed RAF Mildenhall while I was waiting.
IMG_2653.jpeg

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Filter had arrived at last so had an oil change today after break in, all good to go go go :D
Had a walk passed RAF Mildenhall while I was waiting.
View attachment 29363
Cool....
Really.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
should be dry for a few days so washed the car.

Tuckerracing

Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Whitehouse
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Got the new wheels and tires put on. Glad we are still having some good weather here. E233EBCB-4067-4C34-844C-1DFEBA6E8D07.jpeg B13FFA6C-7960-4D09-8455-38FB5C4F0F00.jpeg

Ralph

Member ID
Reactions
City
Glendale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat REWB
Drove down to the dealer today because I wanted to see a "brand new, shiny red, Super Stock Dodge". Car listed for $90+ and then the dealer added wheel locks, tinted windows, typical BS, and a market adjustment of an additional $10 bringing the total to a whopping $103,000. The car was in the showroom with the windows rolled up and signs saying "Do Not Touch", so much for customer service. I looked the car over carefully (hood was closed and no one wanted to open it) and the only mention of "Super Stock" I could find on the car was on the window sticker. Tires and wheels look great, but the car left me very unimpressed. I noticed a 1320 for sale selling around 39,000. Buy that car, add $20,000 in upgrades (roughly $60) and I'll bet you have a faster car at less than half the price Oh well, driving my RE was a blast even if my stupid car doesn't know which end of the car goes down the road first under full throttle (stock Pirelli tires).

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Drove down to the dealer today because I wanted to see a "brand new, shiny red, Super Stock Dodge". Car listed for $90+ and then the dealer added wheel locks, tinted windows, typical BS, and a market adjustment of an additional $10 bringing the total to a whopping $103,000. The car was in the showroom with the windows rolled up and signs saying "Do Not Touch", so much for customer service. I looked the car over carefully (hood was closed and no one wanted to open it) and the only mention of "Super Stock" I could find on the car was on the window sticker. Tires and wheels look great, but the car left me very unimpressed. I noticed a 1320 for sale selling around 39,000. Buy that car, add $20,000 in upgrades (roughly $60) and I'll bet you have a faster car at less than half the price Oh well, driving my RE was a blast even if my stupid car doesn't know which end of the car goes down the road first under full throttle (stock Pirelli tires).
You can can always build something faster for less money but it isn't the same to some. I have been on both sides and if you are just looking for faster then build it for less money

DMNkilr

Founding Member
Premium Account
Doctor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Highlands Ranch
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat
Original build spun a bearing. Courtesy of Epling/Hensley, it's ready to go back in. From the intro to the Six Million Dollar Man: "We can rebuild him. We have the technology. We can make him better than he was. Better, stronger, faster."

Attachments

Last edited:

Ralph

Member ID
Reactions
City
Glendale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat REWB
Changed oil and filter and rotated tires. Of course, had to get into the wheel wells and cleaned them along with the calipers and anything else I could see and reach. Along the way I noticed that the shocks are leaking (see photos). The rear (1151) were leaking worse than the front, but of course, I wiped the rear down before I thought to take a picture.

My car has about 2,200 miles on it and I am curious to know if this is normal, abnormal, or part of a sinister plot. Any input is appreciated.

Attachments

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Changed oil and filter and rotated tires. Of course, had to get into the wheel wells and cleaned them along with the calipers and anything else I could see and reach. Along the way I noticed that the shocks are leaking (see photos). The rear (1151) were leaking worse than the front, but of course, I wiped the rear down before I thought to take a picture.

My car has about 2,200 miles on it and I am curious to know if this is normal, abnormal, or part of a sinister plot. Any input is appreciated.

That stuff on the shocks is normal from the factory.

The good news is that mild solvent takes it right off and leaves the paint in good shape.

Nor did mine return after cleaning.

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Yup. Normal Ralph. Mine has it too. I did the same thing last weekend.

Ralph

Member ID
Reactions
City
Glendale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat REWB
Thanks fellows!

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Well, racing season is over for me, because of the tracks shutting down (cries in my beer)...LOL!!

Brought the car back to street mode, reinstalled seats and put street tires back on the car. Even changed the tune back to a flex tune.

But can not complain. We put over 400 pulls on the car this year and won a lot of events and achieved a crazy personal best and broke the record for stock blower and engine record in a Charger. Omega's old record was 8.94 and then my buddy broke that with a 8.88 and then we ran the 8.79 @ 153 mph.

What a great year and can not wait to start building/modifying and then TNT next season. We want to go for low 8's next year. Let's see what next year brings.