Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What features/options would you like to see in the next Hellcat?

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Meanwhile back at FCA R&D meeting.......???????
FE4AA30E-1F3B-4AD4-84B7-E1465689D966.jpeg

Member ID
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
AWD but not in the conventional transfer case / front diff way. With all the advances in electronics and
electric motors they could drive the front wheels with electric motors and have mode selectable control of
them. For example a track mode with full front wheel assist for traction, a street mode with rear only,etc.

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Option for tubbing and wider wheels/tires.
Option for front splitter (cars have air dam).
I like the wider wheel option - I can't understand why 700+ hp doesnt have room for more tire under the body... not a wide body fan - it ruins the lines

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Get a Charger... the heated seats in mine will roast your ass if you're not careful. I'll spare ya'll the pictures of my roasted ass.
whew.
Thanks.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Cincinnati
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challanger Redeye Widebody
Stolen from above
  • Heads up display option
  • Adaptive cruise control option for all models
  • Stop making navigation and an 8.4 inch uconnect an option on a 70k car.......
  • Better stock Audio system, 6 speaker is ridiculous and nobody wants to pay 2k for a HK system that needs upgraded amps (AND HAS SHITTY SOUND)
  • Auto up windows on the Challenger
  • Forward camera
  • A real backup camera to replace the POS that we have now.
  • Waze built in to the radio or at least the option to download apps.
  • Hand brake
  • Stronger rods
  • Less weight
  • A way to put the car in neutral without having to remove the coin tray and pull the emergency release

And...
  • Adaptive active ride height (Speed-bumps versus high-speed capability)
  • Selectable mode active-aero front/rear (splitter/spoiler)
  • ****ing seat/mirror memory
  • Ability to display more data on the radio than we currently do, perhaps a taller display like on the new Rams, or something, I can never have enough of the right stuff up... I want a cockpit full of glass (Reference almost any modern aircraft)
  • IFF radio
  • AN/APG-77
  • AIM-120C
  • M61A2
  • Better blue paint color (Something in between the B5 and Indigo blue)
  • Michelin PS4S tires stock
  • H.O. button
  • 426 C.I. / 2.9L option in an upgraded M6 (or even an M7)
  • Integrated flairs on the WB Challenger (LIKE ON THE NEW CHARGER DAMN IT!)
lots of good notes here.

I would add rear seat head rest removal option to allow one to fully lower the seats giving full length usage from the trunk...this allows front seats to be tracked backwards so adults can still drive in them!

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
lots of good notes here.

I would add rear seat head rest removal option to allow one to fully lower the seats giving full length usage from the trunk...this allows front seats to be tracked backwards so adults can still drive in them!
Great idea.
Would be great if they laid all the way down while still allowing seats to go back.

Detroit Muscle

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Apple Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
1. Trans - brake
2. drag radials
3. 4 point harness

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Semi race street car or up and coming mini van?? Head rest for the back seats??? Come on,, how about a diaper changing and poo poo mini bed where the seats should be layed to rest. Instructions on the roof of how to call Chemicals Guys of what bottle to use for the poop removal. Don't matter the smell. Leather will soak that up wile explaining that to the bowling team for a diaper pick up. What??? Back to the dromes' watching the drags at Ybor City, Fl or the GT 500's . Sat night with this story telling project. Time to email the quall as in ASSY land. Poor little bastards. Looking back at posts from October,, how about a open valve or close for the exhaust?? So rebuild of the system. baby changer,, my spark is plugged.

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Wish for a street handling version.
Keep the body and its muscle car lines. Lower it some, but make sure you can still clear speed bumps, etc.
Keep the motor (amazing), strenthen drive train. SRT suspension, traction control great, retune as needed. M and A trans avail.
Make it 2 front seats only. Comfortable, manual controls fine, lighter, carbon fiber?, lose some weight.
Speaking of weight, lose 500-1000 lbs. You engineers can figure where to use carbon fiber, etc to lose wt in structure, etc.
Tub the rear to make room for enough rear tire to finally handle the power. 325, 345, 355 ?
Tune suspension for balance with the asymmetric tire setup.
With no rear seats, plenty of room for storage. Make rear area-trunk simple,handsome.
Must have- killer stereo. Come on, plenty of smart people, including on this forum already to help.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Carbon fiber,,, if Ford can figure it out and GM why can't Dodge. Drive shaft, fenders, some what front ends and others. O f course the $$ and insurance but seems the other 4 came up with a plan. Look at a few others having a weight of over 5,000 lbs behind em and still running under 4 's in the 1/4's. C8's under $70,000"s, Gts under $80,000, Shelby's $$$. They get faster, nicer looking, and pricing is at what you place it at. Very interesting at the concepts that Chrysler started 4.5 years ago. The Europeans and the rest will still have their tops but the Americans are getting smarter and or catching up. The C8 and 2017 El Ferrari are so much alike on the looks but I am sure much different in many other ways, but $$$ and others. Just a 10 years ago Fiat compared to a Jag to now days. Just gets closer, but the closer is ways a way. Competition is a wonderful critter. Just keeps more expensive. Instance, Bentley's?? Fast, heavy.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Good comparison coming I from 4 fronts. Can' beat em all from any fore fronts. Good choices from any placements. Actually can't go wrong just where do you want to go where your money goes. All good products, warranties, and backups. Warranties, espiciallities extended ones like most of us have. Due to the less amount of time the engines have had with the turbos and hemis. 2 years. so, I took out an extended 7 year warranty. If not like it, sell it back. 10 cents on a dollar. Plus other warranties, tires, wheels, balancing, fenders,,, on and on. I have a bad situation with curbs and alumiumin wheels. Works good. 1. 3/4 into the warrantor is good. Back to the dealership Monday and all will be well.

TEXAS REDEYE

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
PASADENA
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 HELLCAT RED EYE
Performance Data Recorder like the Vette has. Car is a 2016 auto Z06 2LT, bone stock all the way to the run flats. Like our timers, this one was off, it should've been an 11.11. The strip is Evadale, out east of Beaumont, north of Vidor, Texas. This was my first trip to the strip and I had zero seat time.

Front downward facing camera and the HUD like the Vette has.

Last edited:

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
challenger drag pak with a vin:cool:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I'll steal an idea from JRabq, as in steal from Porsche.

In my case I'd like to be able to eliminate the touch screen and have buttons/switches for controlling the functions I need and want.
A screen has no tactile feel, and requires that I take my eyes off the road to operate it. I really don't like them.

Of course, that'll never happen. People live with and for their screens, on phones and in cars, so how about this instead: Air suspension, which would allow running lower on good roads, yet traverse obstacles as needed by raising the car. Would also help a lot when loading and unloading it on a trailer.

And of course, less weight and/or more power sure couldn't hurt.

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I'll steal an idea from JRabq, as in steal from Porsche.

In my case I'd like to be able to eliminate the touch screen and have buttons/switches for controlling the functions I need and want.
A screen has no tactile feel, and requires that I take my eyes off the road to operate it. I really don't like them.

Of course, that'll never happen. People live with and for their screens, on phones and in cars, so how about this instead: Air suspension, which would allow running lower on good roads, yet traverse obstacles as needed by raising the car. Would also help a lot when loading and unloading it on a trailer.

And of course, less weight and/or more power sure couldn't hurt.
I agree with the touchscreen thing. I held out with phones with buttons as long as i could, but then finally gave in. I have to edit everything i type on this dang thing cuz of all my errors...

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I agree with the touchscreen thing. I held out with phones with buttons as long as i could, but then finally gave in. I have to edit everything i type on this dang thing cuz of all my errors...
Just bought a spare Razr (I mangle phones fairly frequently) for $45. It makes and receives call, which is all I ask from my phone.

I like simplicity. Not to the point motorhead does (manuals) where it reduces performance, but still.

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Just bought a spare Razr (I mangle phones fairly frequently) for $45. It makes and receives call, which is all I ask from my phone.

I like simplicity. Not to the point motorhead does (manuals) where it reduces performance, but still.
My phone is as much my computer as my phone. Only use an actual computer at work or to make purchases, so I'm stuck with the smartphone touchscreens. And you are funny, another M6 dig...you do know I'm one of those neanderthals with a M6!

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
At least -500lb, I don't care how it is done. Don't change squat otherwise. Give me this RE equipped like it will be soon, less at least five big ones, all will be fine.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
And you are funny, another M6 dig...you do know I'm one of those neanderthals with a M6!
I know, but couldn't resist.
Could blame it on my bad knees, but in reality its the extra horsepower and superior performance that makes me pick the most logical transmission.

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
At least -500lb, I don't care how it is done. Don't change squat otherwise. Give me this RE equipped like it will be soon, less at least five big ones, all will be fine.
Really, i agree with you...love the current layout.
But in addition to the weight, we really need more rear rubber. 305s fit my challenger, but not much more is possible. I think alot more would change the game.