Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What % interest did you get through Chrysler Capital?

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
💰 CASH ONLY!
Yes, if you like losing money. Only positive thing that provides in this day and age is piece of mind.

There's absolutely nothing about paying in cash that's brag worthy,sorry.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Yes, if you like losing money. Only positive thing that provides in this day and age is piece of mind.

There's absolutely nothing about paying in cash that's brag worthy,sorry.
I enjoy piece of mind. Not much time left here so I do as I damn well please. I'm too old to brag. I just state facts. Sorry you disagree, but I don't care.

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
My credits good. 825.
Which is exactly why you should not pay in cash. Take their low rate, only put out the liquid cash you'll actually need to while driving the car, and invest the other liquid cash into stuff that will get you 7%+. You'll be up money instead of down. Otherwise you handed out $70k+ in liquid cash and in 3,4,5 years you will never get the same amount of liquid cash back.

The only way it works is if you literally keep the car forever and sell it for more than it's worth when it's a classic

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
I enjoy piece of mind. Not much time left here so I do as I damn well please. I'm too old to brag. I just state facts. Sorry you disagree, but I don't care.
Great,glad you're happy.

But the post is also general info for other readers now and in the future.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Which is exactly why you should not pay in cash. Take their low rate, only put out the liquid cash you'll actually need to while driving the car, and invest the other liquid cash into stuff that will get you 7%+. You'll be up money instead of down. Otherwise you handed out $70k+ in liquid cash and in 3,4,5 years you will never get the same amount of liquid cash back.

The only way it works is if you literally keep the car forever and sell it for more than it's worth when it's a classic
Training yourself to stay ahead financially by paying cash is my preferred way. In June, I booked some of my stock gains and wrote a check for 30k to pay my Hellcat off. Earning 7%+ investing is not a linear pathway, though easily attainable in the long-term. Cash is king, especially monthly free cash flow. Problem with debt is people can buy more than they can afford as long as they can cash flow it monthly. In 2012, I financed my Mazda at 0%...so i have done it as well. Whether you pay cash or finance, automobiles are a wealth destroying exercise.

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States

Ding ding ding well said and ecomically sound..

Krazzeeddie

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chesterfield
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Wide Body Scat Pack
Your friend called in a "favor" each time to the banks his dealership always works with. It's a common thing and reserved for high credit score clients. Helps the dealer still make a sale instead of losing out due to financing negotiations. Dealerships work with certain banks and credit unions (many local) and give them so much business that they can call in "favors" for low rates here and there. Use to have family in the business....let me tell you, it's sad/depressing/scary/uncalled for, how many Americans are absolutely terrible with money and/or have terrible credit and no savings. So a lot of the loans these banks give have higher interest rates than their average, so the "favors" are no big deal.

Any dealer who tells you this is not true, either doesn't take part in it, needs to learn it, or needs to develop the local relationships.
My wife and I decided to do a little road trip up north yesterday and detoured by the dealer my buddy owns I needed some things and he was there so I asked him about this thread.

I never really thought about it, I have been buying cars from him for so long I never questioned him even back in the day when my credit was not that great. In a round about way what you said is true, he basically said that for every 0% customer he sends to a specific lender he will send them a few that won’t qualify but still have good enough credit for one of their lower interest loans. He says everyone wins.

He also said that if the original poster was putting down 40 grand that their finance guy or the dealer just didn’t care about making the deal and getting a happy customer that comes back in the future for more cars. If credit score was at the top of 700 and with 40 grand down as long as 0% was available he should have it.

OP
Hemidayz

Hemidayz

Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 WB Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #28

This is my goal. Keep the hellcat till it turns into a classic, then pass it down to my nephew

Xylander

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tallahassee
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Redeye Widebody Jailbreak
I recently financed mine @ 2.4%, no money down over 72 months. I will pay it off a few years early. When I buy a new car, I take the 10% down payment I would normally give to the deal and invest it, aggressively. I've been burned before, but I've also doubled it on a few cars in 3 years time. I then use that to pay down the car.

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
I recently financed mine @ 2.4%, no money down over 72 months. I will pay it off a few years early. When I buy a new car, I take the 10% down payment I would normally give to the deal and invest it, aggressively. I've been burned before, but I've also doubled it on a few cars in 3 years time. I then use that to pay down the car.
That's good where from?

Xylander

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tallahassee
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Redeye Widebody Jailbreak
That's good where from?
Tallahassee, FL. I *had* 780 credit score. Since, I've bought the Hellcat and just financed a new home... so... *bomb falling sound*