Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What is your definition of stock?

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
What about changing tire brand to other than stock? All season to summer tires?
Should have ordered your car better. ;)

I actually got the factory summers added to my car ($0 option) as it was a huge advantage with the 280 tread wear.

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
It's funny how in recent decades, that the opinion is that if you get enough people to openly state that something is right. and just, that it becomes OK. I know most people here are old enough to be able to remember several things on that list. that are considered Good or OK today. That certainly did not use to be.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB

I actually got the factory summers added to my car ($0 option) as it was a huge advantage with the 280 tread wear.
I actually agree with Motorhead here, for me it’s anything other than a catch can added isn’t stock. Or as motorhead said a driver mod. Hell I only weigh 170 pounds. So I probably weigh 50 or 60 pounds less than some of you haha!

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
It's funny how in recent decades, that the opinion is that if you get enough people to openly state that something is right. and just, that it becomes OK. I know most people here are old enough to be able to remember several things on that list. that are considered Good or OK today. That certainly did not use to be.
GETOUTOFMYHEAD!

Yeah, the groupthink/hivemind/nutswing shit is exhausting. Cancel culture and social media are horrible contributors to this.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
I actually agree with Motorhead here, for me it’s anything other than a catch can added isn’t stock. Or as motorhead said a driver mod. Hell I only weigh 170 pounds. So I probably weigh 50 or 60 pounds less than some of you haha!
Careful, agreeing with me will get you on somebody's shit list.

High five for being in the sub-180lbs skinny boi class.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
MY CAR IS ALL STOCK ,,,,STOCKED FULL OF MODS:LOL:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
So I am wondering what the general consensus is for definition of stock when discussing our cars - not just Hellcats, but any performance Challenger or Charger (SRT, Scat Pak, Hellcat, Demon, or Redeye - to name a few)
What would you consider stock ?
As factory delivered (down to tires and as built weight)?
A catch can?
Drive shaft?
Axles?
Removal of Clutch delay valve, clutch change, or auto trans tweeks?
Shifter? Barton shifter(?)
Airbox?
Tune?

I am curious where you would draw the line - since I didn't see anyone giving any answers doing a quick search of the site...
(There is no wrong answer)
Lets not get into semantics here...take the splitters off...fire it up...drive off the lot...that's STOCK...period

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
As it came from the factory is STOCK. If a sanctioning body wants to make an exception to get car count, that's their business but it isn't STOCK. If you replace tires with the same exact tire that came on the car, it's still stock. Different brand..? Nope. Same tire but summer version? Nope. The car was transported from the factory with all-seasons and you replace them with the summer tire option? Not stock.

Change brake pads other than OEM exact replacement that came on the car? Not stock

Change the oil to a different weight? Not stock. Use the factory fill oil? Stock

And on and on... I really don't understand how this can even be debated.

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
cheezus... the controversy rages on.
Did I mention the new diff fluid actually smells good?
That may be a more interesting thread...

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
I changed the radio station
Then
I adjusted my seat
Does that count ?
Because I will change them back

There is no way I m using my original windshield fluid

Kwalski

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SALISBURY
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger

Actually mine was a direct off the lot buy; to be honest the All Season were fine for daily driving, I changed to Yokohama ADVAN Sport for a little more spirited driving after I got used to the car.

Kwalski

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SALISBURY
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
As it came from the factory is STOCK. If a sanctioning body wants to make an exception to get car count, that's their business but it isn't STOCK. If you replace tires with the same exact tire that came on the car, it's still stock. Different brand..? Nope. Same tire but summer version? Nope. The car was transported from the factory with all-seasons and you replace them with the summer tire option? Not stock.

Change brake pads other than OEM exact replacement that came on the car? Not stock

Change the oil to a different weight? Not stock. Use the factory fill oil? Stock

And on and on... I really don't understand how this can even be debated.
Man your a tough judge...better put my front protectors back on....:)

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
A stock car is an automobile that has not been modified from its original factory configuration.

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 4.55.11 AM.png

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Why is this so hard. 🤷‍♂️
Stock is as delivered.
Possibly the only exceptions could be factory alterations. Like swapping for summers from all seasons.
With the new options now. Does a rear seat delete kit or a 3.09 gear swap count as stock? Depending on if these options are available for the year, maybe.🤔🤷‍♂️

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Why is this so hard.
Stock is as delivered.
Possibly the only exceptions could be factory alterations. Like swapping for summers from all seasons.
With the new options now. Does a rear seat delete kit or a 3.09 gear swap count as stock? Depending on if these options are available for the year, maybe.
Jim I will vouch for your car as stock . Other then safety equipment ( tires and driveshaft) .

I'm sure you will vouch my car is NOT stock .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Stock is as delivered.
With the new options now. Does a rear seat delete kit or a 3.09 gear swap count as stock? Depending on if these options are available for the year, maybe.🤔🤷‍♂️
Anything that was available for your car from the factory, even if it was not ordered that way, is stock. You could change to Summer tires, 3.09 gears and front and rear seat delete, if that was optional/standard for your model, and it is still factory stock. It may not be original but it is still stock. That’s a fact.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Actually mine was a direct off the lot buy
You and lots of other people. In fact the number of HC and Demon owners waking up to the fact that they have a bunch of useless crap built into their cars is growing exponentially. Everybody seems to be attempting to cut weight... saw some Demon owner the other day on Faceballs asking if they made a carbon fiber sunroof panel insert as they wanted to delete the mechanism, glass, panels etc. I stand by my choice to pay a bit more money to get the EXACT car I wanted - which may very well be the among lightest WBHC configurations available. Period. Well except for the hood pins, those added a few ounces... but, match my nipple rings. And keeping the back seat because I made the decision to have kids (Mike, you fool! You should have just kept it in your pants...).

But, you can see my point either you wanted a bloated luxury barge, or you wanted a slightly less bloated luxury barge that you wanted to race, weight suddenly matters (because all your online friends are doing it), and are doing everything to fix your mistake.

Stock is as delivered.
I said it before: show me your build sheet if it matters that much. Otherwise just have fun and do your personal best.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
You and lots of other people. In fact the number of HC and Demon owners waking up to the fact that they have a bunch of useless crap built into their cars is growing exponentially. Everybody seems to be attempting to cut weight... saw some Demon owner the other day on Faceballs asking if they made a carbon fiber sunroof panel insert as they wanted to delete the mechanism, glass, panels etc. I stand by my choice to pay a bit more money to get the EXACT car I wanted - which may very well be the among lightest WBHC configurations available. Period. Well except for the hood pins, those added a few ounces... but, match my nipple rings. And keeping the back seat because I made the decision to have kids (Mike, you fool! You should have just kept it in your pants...).

But, you can see my point either you wanted a bloated luxury barge, or you wanted a slightly less bloated luxury barge that you wanted to race, weight suddenly matters (because all your online friends are doing it), and are doing everything to fix your mistake.

I said it before: show me your build sheet if it matters that much. Otherwise just have fun and do your personal best.
That is what I do. Go out and try different things and try for new PB's or hopefully get close to
previous ones.
This summer I had the blower replaced under warranty. I purchased the FI spacers because I had a feeling my car was leaking past the OE gaskets. I was correct so the dealer agreed it would probably be a smart move to use them instead of the OE ones again. I don't claim to be stock only stock power. Which is not a lie. Hell you have seen me run with the rear seat out yet still have the factory compressor in the trunk. LOL

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Anything that was available for your car from the factory, even if it was not ordered that way, is stock. You could change to Summer tires, 3.09 gears and front and rear seat delete, if that was optional/standard for your model, and it is still factory stock. It may not be original but it is still stock. That’s a fact.
Yes but the rear seat delete and 3.09 gears weren't available in 2016.🤷‍♂️

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
That is what I do. Go out and try different things and try for new PB's or hopefully get close to
previous ones.
This summer I had the blower replaced under warranty. I purchased the FI spacers because I had a feeling my car was leaking past the OE gaskets. I was correct so the dealer agreed it would probably be a smart move to use them instead of the OE ones again. I don't claim to be stock only stock power. Which is not a lie. Hell you have seen me run with the rear seat out yet still have the factory compressor in the trunk. LOL
Pfft - that is just strategic placement of weight. Tossing the weight from the back seat into the trunk is still stock right? Even if it is just a 45lb plate. Also clearly you are benefiting from the redesign of '18-up blower too. LOL.