Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What really is "STOCK"????

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
So a debadged car is not stock?
Weight reduction. Porsche uses stickers to cut weight.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Warranties expire.
Its why i chuckle when people have issues with modding their cars because of "warranty"
Now if its your only car, then probably shouldn't be modifying it. But if its a toy or a 3rd or 4th car, who cares? Warranty turns to company revenue if its not used up. FCA has to be loving all those garage queen Demons right now.
I hope that when I hit 115K kms on my car over the next 7 years I'll have gutted Dodge on the B2B extended warranty I bought.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I hope that when I hit 115K kms on my car over the next 7 years I'll have gutted Dodge on the B2B extended warranty I bought.
Mine in my Ram expired this month
But after they had to rebuild the trans for 4k ish it paid for itself.
Also had 2 fuel pumps installed on their dime.

Can't complain

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
My stance on Stock vs Modified. I don't care, unless someone is lying about a car being stock when is not! to grab at a record Stock ET for bragging rights. It's stolen Valor. Lying and cheating about it does not change the facts. It is Stock as produced by the factory, or it is modified to some degree. from stock.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
My opinion is it is not stock, if anything is changed from delivery, other than oil, or gas in the tank! .
What about windshield washer fluid , air filter , floor mats , wiper blades , tires ( with oem) brake pads , coolant , brake fluid , suspension parts ( with oem replacements ) , light bulbs, battery ( with stock replacement)........

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
Trying to Rationalize cheating or lying about it, never can change the facts. It all depends on what your talking about. If your going for a record held by a Factory Virgin car, then you should have to be in the same condition. Don't come up with a time slip claiming I broke the Factory Virgin car record. When you are running a pulley change. a tune, larger injectors, different gears, gutted interior, and slicks. And maybe NOS.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Trying to Rationalize cheating or lying about it, never can change the facts. It all depends on what your talking about. If your going for a record held by a Factory Virgin car, then you should have to be in the same condition. Don't come up with a time slip claiming I broke the Factory Virgin car record. When you are running a pulley change. a tune, larger injectors, different gears, gutted interior, and slicks. And maybe NOS.
Im not justifying anything I put the post above because you know as well as I do someone will question at least one of those items and I was being sarcastic . I hide nothing . If you read my thread ( project demons breath) you will see . I too don't believe in cheating or lying about what you got .

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
I think we can all agree we are tired of the bullshitters and liars. Be straight or fuck way off.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
My stance on Stock vs Modified. I don't care, unless someone is lying about a car being stock when is not! to grab at a record Stock ET for bragging rights. It's stolen Valor. Lying and cheating about it does not change the facts. It is Stock as produced by the factory, or it is modified to some degree. from stock.
I agree that it is dishonest (and flat out lying) but I don't agree that it rises to the level of stolen valor (which in this context I use to mean pretending you are a decorated combat veteran when you are not and most likely have never served at all). The degree of heinousness and (for me) anger production is a whole order of magnitude different.

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
I agree that it is dishonest (and flat out lying) but I don't agree that it rises to the level of stolen valor (which in this context I use to mean pretending you are a decorated combat veteran when you are not and most likely have never served at all). The degree of heinousness and (for me) anger production is a whole order of magnitude different.
That's very true. But the intention of those that try to "one up" something, is at the root of stolen Valor. To be somebody. to have a record. And as to our Hero's. to try and be something your not. That is on a different scale. but in the same category.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I think we can all agree we are tired of the bullshitters and liars. Be straight or fuck way off.
I second that !

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I have have a lot of stock demon parts on my car . So I'm calling it stock .

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Absolutely agree with that. But with all the liars and bullshitters when someone tells the truth. Well they get called a liar and bullshitter. 🤷‍♂️
I guess be honest and don't run quicker than most and all should be fine.😃

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I have have a lot of stock demon parts on my car . So I'm calling it stock .

yep...back in my youth....everyone called it being "factory". So if you put a 440 Six Pack cam in your 383...people still said it was all "factory"....

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
yep...back in my youth....everyone called it being "factory". So if you put a 440 Six Pack cam in your 383...people still said it was all "factory"....
I had a Hemi grind cam in my 383.
Should I have called it factory.
I guess we didn't know better. You know without the internet to teach us.🤪😂

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I had a Hemi grind cam in my 383.
Should I have called it factory.
I guess we didn't know better. You know without the internet to teach us.🤪😂
well...in the greater Baltimore area....that would not have been considered lying back then.....it had a factory p/n...so people said it was "factory". Chevy guys said the same thing with Chevy parts...one of the big things was putting a Vega converter in their small block powered cars. I didn't know much about Vega's back then (still don't), but I guess it was smaller and had a different stall speed.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Absolutely agree with that. But with all the liars and bullshitters when someone tells the truth. Well they get called a liar and bullshitter. 🤷‍♂️
I guess be honest and don't run quicker than most and all should be fine.😃
LOL - online anyone can be anything they want to be. But, shaving tenths and picking up MPHs over a measured result in ideal conditions would have a rational person questioning the validity of the claim to a record.

Beyond that if you can look me square in the eye and lie to me in order to gain something nefariously inane and trivial like a stock speed/ET record - well that shit's on your soul, not mine. If I find out... well... let's just say: Jesus forgives, I don't.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
LOL - online anyone can be anything they want to be. But, shaving tenths and picking up MPHs over a measured result in ideal conditions would have a rational person questioning the validity of the claim to a record.

Beyond that if you can look me square in the eye and lie to me in order to gain something nefariously inane and trivial like a stock speed/ET record - well that shit's on your soul, not mine. If I find out... well... let's just say: Jesus forgives, I don't.
holy temple.jpg

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat

We met the one time and I mentioned the front sway bar was out. I always mention everything down to the Metco breather.
I can sleep at night.😉

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
We met the one time and I mentioned the front sway bar was out. I always mention everything down to the Metco breather.
I can sleep at night.
I have too much to mention . I have a thread for that . Lol