Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

When are the order banks open for a ‘23 Durango?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
6.2 are Hellcats. 6.4 are Scat Packs and other animals.
Exactly. And I'd be interested in a Durango Hellcat, but not in a Durango with scat under the hood.
Otherwise I'd get the V6.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Exactly. And I'd be interested in a Durango Hellcat, but not in a Durango with scat under the hood.
Otherwise I'd get the V6.
I don't want a Durango.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I don't want a Durango.
I don't either, really. They're even heavier than the Trackhawks, which are plenty porky, but at least this time I'd be better prepared for the relative sluggishness, compared to the Challenger.

So why am I even thinking about it? Well, it's either that or a spare Challenger, or a spare TRX, but it just feels like buying something from the "last hurrah collection" would be the right thing to do. And I never had a Durango.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I don't either, really. They're even heavier than the Trackhawks, which are plenty porky, but at least this time I'd be better prepared for the relative sluggishness, compared to the Challenger.

So why am I even thinking about it? Well, it's either that or a spare Challenger, or a spare TRX, but it just feels like buying something from the "last hurrah collection" would be the right thing to do. And I never had a Durango.
I know exactly what you mean.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Thread Starter #65
Update, got the order accepted. Got the appropriate order status etc. from Dodge.

As of now, not even in VON Hell yet. All status items including the VON assignment and subsequent scheduling is TBD. It is still fun to at least look forward to a new vehicle.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Order options?

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #67
Not many! This is easy.

SRT 392 anyway…

Four exterior colors.
Two interior colors. Plain black - no leather. Demonic Red - leather.

Package 29N or 29M all options are packaged.
I believe you can add stripes, and delete the leather off the packages to allow Dodge more profit, because deleting the optional extra cost leather nets NO discount.

I ordered a SRT; Diamond Black with the leather, no stripes, package 29N - the full load. Should be comfy and cut through the winter stuff up here, then tow the Challenger like a champ. I own like our eighth Grand Cherokee, she likes it so well, it is “her’s”. So I want something bigger and different for a while.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
What about tow & 3rd row delete (i.e. the lightweight option) ?

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
I would be amazed if you were not happy with it.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #70
Mike, the tow package is included within the premium packages. I am not sure if the lightweight option still exists, as it does in '22. I would not get that myself because that takes the second row console out, which i like.
I am not sure about the 3rd row delete either because that was not offered and I did not ask. I am just going to remove the seats unless I need them. Sorry I was not much help on those questions.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #71
I am excited, I will be more excited when we at least have some dates to look forward to. Yes, I am absolutely sure, I will love it, and adopt it quickly as mine. Never been disappointed with any of our Grand Cherokee's, that has been more than 20 years running now! Neither of my Challengers were ordered with a sunroof, so that and having a whole bunch of more power and a much better ride relative to the 2012 Tahoe I suffered with for 10 years will be a blast.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Mike, the tow package is included within the premium packages. I am not sure if the lightweight option still exists, as it does in '22. I would not get that myself because that takes the second row console out, which i like.
I am not sure about the 3rd row delete either because that was not offered and I did not ask. I am just going to remove the seats unless I need them. Sorry I was not much help on those questions.
Bummer, I'm in just the opposite position - it's useless to me without the 2nd row bench & I've never used the 3rd row (and can't imagine I ever will). Would be able to make use of the extra storage bins you get with no 3rd row.

No use for the tech pkg stuff or the sunroof (hate it actually), so I guess I'm out for sure :(

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #73
Bummer, I'm in just the opposite position - it's useless to me without the 2nd row bench & I've never used the 3rd row (and can't imagine I ever will). Would be able to make use of the extra storage bins you get with no 3rd row.

No use for the tech pkg stuff or the sunroof (hate it actually), so I guess I'm out for sure :(
Mike, here is the listing of the base equipment without either of the two packages.

Attachments

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #74
Major update, within the hour! By-passed VON Hell!

VON and VIN received, vehicle is in "D" status. A little dealer can make it happen!

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Well, crap. I can't quite shake the idea of getting a Durango.

According to the dealer it'll cost $98K. When looking at what they want for used ones, that's not bad. But what is bad is that they can't order a base model yet, which should be about 91K.

So, I'd end up with stuff I don't want, such as a sun roof, red seats, 3rd row seating, all kinds of fancy electronics, etc.
Since it'll supposedly take until spring/summer to get it anyway, maybe I should plop down the deposit and then hope the order can be changed.

Also, the dealer suggested doing something soon to avoid the price hikes. I'm more confused than usual.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #76
Well, crap. I can't quite shake the idea of getting a Durango.

According to the dealer it'll cost $98K. When looking at what they want for used ones, that's not bad. But what is bad is that they can't order a base model yet, which should be about 91K.

So, I'd end up with stuff I don't want, such as a sun roof, red seats, 3rd row seating, all kinds of fancy electronics, etc.
Since it'll supposedly take until spring/summer to get it anyway, maybe I should plop down the deposit and then hope the order can be changed.

Also, the dealer suggested doing something soon to avoid the price hikes. I'm more confused than usual.
Order one, or do what I did IF you need one more early and just order a 6.4L. BUT, one thing to consider with waiting is you may be able to select a color other than the common four opening colors with two of them bullshit and one that so have two vehicles that color anyway. So I had one color to choose.

@DodgeCares your lucky we are ordering chit! Other manufacturers are producing new vehicles. WITH OPTIONS AND COLOR SELECTIONS. WTF is Dodge doing??? This crap is like getting a 2015 Hellcat! Soon my NEED will become acute and there are alternatives to paying for a ‘23 that IS NO DIFFERENT THAN A ‘22 MODEL ANYWAY.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I should probably order one now. Looks like I'll have about six months to come to my senses, and when the day comes (or sooner) I can always get my deposit back.

And maybe, just maybe, before it goes into D1 they might offer the base model which is what I want.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I should probably order one now. Looks like I'll have about six months to come to my senses, and when the day comes (or sooner) I can always get my deposit back.

And maybe, just maybe, before it goes into D1 they might offer the base model which is what I want.
Can't recall which pub I read this in, but Dodge said they were going to build the 2 more expensive versions 1st, then work on the base ones.
They stated those ordering the base model may not get their order !

Let the shit show begin ......................

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Can't recall which pub I read this in, but Dodge said they were going to build the 2 more expensive versions 1st, then work on the base ones.
Yep, that's my understanding.

I suppose (if this happens) that I could learn to live with all the extra fluff the other trims include. Or, with my luck I'd end up with a third Stellantis vehicle where the radio station knob becomes inoperative when the performance pages are up.

That odd flaw is part of why the Trackhawk was sold, and a big part of why the GT AWD was traded in.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Lots of complaints about the newer Uconnect modules in the Durango forum, one of the reasons I dithered on ordering a '22.