Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Wide Body Challenger Hellcat Coming

HellcatMike

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States

Wide Body Challenger Hellcat starts at $71,495. Dealer ordering opens in July, with deliveries beginning in the third quarter of this year.

This is the 2018 Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody. The name tells you pretty much everything: It's a 707-horsepower Hellcat with the Demon's big ol' fender flares, 3.5-inches wider than the standard Challenger Hellcat. Those over-fenders make room for the most sensible wheel-and-tire package that's ever been offered on a Hellcat: 305/35 Pirelli P-Zeros at all four corners, mounted on unique 20 x 11-inch split-five-spoke aluminum wheels. Compared to the optional 275/40 Pirelli P Zeros on the original Hellcat?or the standard equipment all-seasons, dear lord?these wider tires give the Hellcat the grip it so desperately needs. Dodge says the Widebody is good for 0-60 in 3.4 seconds and a 10.9-second quarter-mile, improvements of 0.1 and 0.3 seconds over the standard Hellcat. The Widebody is also the first Challenger Hellcat to get electric power steering, with Street, Sport and Track modes.

Those 305s also improve the Hellcat's cornering abilities. Dodge says the Widebody generates 0.97g of lateral grip, an improvement of 0.04. And the automaker claims the wide-tire Hellcat turns laps two seconds quicker than its narrower twin on "a 1.7-mile track." We have no idea which circuit Dodge used to get this claim, but it's impressive. With serious rubber under its wheelwells for the first time, this package could make the Widebody the most track-worthy Hellcat yet?what with the base model vaporizing its rear tires at anything more than 30-percent throttle, and the Demon's DOT drag radials unsuited for anything other than the drag strip.

eharmony

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 SRT Hellcat Challenger
Great Info, thank you. I have been researching with mixed results. Us Hellcat people can easily get over 800 HP on our own without Demon Engine but trying to order or get facts on this car has frankly been difficult. The Dodge we site does not let you build the car as of yet. I feel they are halfway killing the Hellcat which most of us love and hallway initiating the Demon. I just want the Wide Body, better handling and wider tires and power steering.

Toms Hellcat WB

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat widebody
Good friend has a 2016 Hellcat and he does not like the looks of the widebody, I think the car looks really bad ass with the wider meats all around and can't wait to get mine. The extra money is a big up charge over the previous generation cat but you are getting new wheels and tires, fender flares and electric power steering. My dealer has told me to expect the car to be built end of August early September so you bet when I get it I will have some nice pictures for my new Hellcat friends to see!

Hellcatshack1

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Columbia
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Cat on wheels