Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Will 315s fit?

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
I love my stock brakes, not giving those up.
Same wheel dimensions. 17X10 +30 Fits no problem after a LOT of work. Yes they would touch that corner of the gas tank shield in full droop. But not enough to cause any problem mounting the wheels/tires on the car. So I left mine unmodified. I also did the standard wheel tub mod as well. Just so you know the Billet Specialties Win lite has .200 less back space. Just sayin.......... 0519201800.jpg DSCN2936.JPG

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Same wheel dimensions. 17X10 +30 Fits no problem after a LOT of work. Yes they would touch that corner of the gas tank shield in full droop. But not enough to cause any problem mounting the wheels/tires on the car. So I left mine unmodified. I also did the standard wheel tub mod as well. Just so you know the Billet Specialties Win lite has .200 less back space. Just sayin.......... View attachment 68546 View attachment 68547
They look really good on there ..

Sent from my Armor 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
15 in conversation is a little aggressive for me too . I still have the stock hellcat brakes on the rear and the demon setup on the front .

I’ll say this about that… 🙃. As long as the car is driven “normally” on the street around corners, the 15” conversion a good one. The two piece Wilwoods are not going to give up your stopping performance on the street while retaining the OE fronts. The tall sidewall tires soften the ride nicely after going to the hard cradle lockouts and control arm bushings. They make for a pleasantly cushy ride. Those big marshmallows take the shock out of the initial hit and put the power to the ground 1000% better when you start approaching that 1000whp point. The biggest thing is consistency. The frustration of wasted runs when it doesn’t hook. The wasted time and money when the track is “no good”. The more hp you make the more often that’s the case. I’ve driven the 15’s on the street for some time with the Radial Pros and they are great for comfortable cruising, and the really impressive thing is, on the occasion you roll hard into the power on the highway….. it plants and pulls. It would never do that on the 17’s. 479D57AD-3099-41E5-BDBF-091455A3C31F.jpeg

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
My car doesn't spend enough time at the track to justify the amount of money to go to a 15". I don't see anything wrong with it other then the cost. Doing just the rears from the get go wouldn't be too bad though. So many more options with a 15" drag radial

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #45
I run 20s on the street.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I run 20s on the street.
If I were to do a 15" conversion I would still run the 20's on the street

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I’ll say this about that… . As long as the car is driven “normally” on the street around corners, the 15” conversion a good one. The two piece Wilwoods are not going to give up your stopping performance on the street while retaining the OE fronts. The tall sidewall tires soften the ride nicely after going to the hard cradle lockouts and control arm bushings. They make for a pleasantly cushy ride. Those big marshmallows take the shock out of the initial hit and put the power to the ground 1000% better when you start approaching that 1000whp point. The biggest thing is consistency. The frustration of wasted runs when it doesn’t hook. The wasted time and money when the track is “no good”. The more hp you make the more often that’s the case. I’ve driven the 15’s on the street for some time with the Radial Pros and they are great for comfortable cruising, and the really impressive thing is, on the occasion you roll hard into the power on the highway….. it plants and pulls. It would never do that on the 17’s. View attachment 68567
I agree with you but some of use have different aspersions for our cars .. I'm willing to compromise some track stuff in the name of street ..

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I agree with you but some of use have different aspersions for our cars .. I'm willing to compromise some track stuff in the name of street ..

I agree that the cost vs use (how much of it) is a factor. The brake conversion itself doesn’t keep one from running any street wheel/tire combination you want. You aren’t required to run around on the Staypuffs all the time. 😆 The conversion when done right is going to add up to a lot of money though and if serious track use isn’t a part of the car experience then it’s not going to be worth it. I tend to look at the cost of stuff like this as to whether it’s “spent” money or not. Spent money is gone. That would be things like gas, food, travel expenses. Stuff that you can resell is money in the bank. When you’re done with it…. You get your money back reselling it. I sold my brake conversion and wheels and suspension pieces when I moved to the next level and got a decent percent of that money back so it wasn’t as expensive as you think. Hell!…. I just sold my old trailer I’ve used for three years for more than I paid for it. Lol 😝

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I agree that the cost vs use (how much of it) is a factor. The brake conversion itself doesn’t keep one from running any street wheel/tire combination you want. You aren’t required to run around on the Staypuffs all the time. The conversion when done right is going to add up to a lot of money though and if serious track use isn’t a part of the car experience then it’s not going to be worth it. I tend to look at the cost of stuff like this as to whether it’s “spent” money or not. Spent money is gone. That would be things like gas, food, travel expenses. Stuff that you can resell is money in the bank. When you’re done with it…. You get your money back reselling it. I sold my brake conversion and wheels and suspension pieces when I moved to the next level and got a decent percent of that money back so it wasn’t as expensive as you think. Hell!…. I just sold my old trailer I’ve used for three years for more than I paid for it. Lol
I hear ya. I'm not against the 15 in conversation but some of don't need it ....yet ... Lol .. the no grind 15 kit is pretty nice ..

Mike Jesse

Member ID
Reactions
City
Bremerton
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 SRT Super Stock 2022 Ram 1500 TRX
Unless the rules dictate a DOT tire, why not try the Hoosier Drag Bracket Radial?
28x10.5-17.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Unless the rules dictate a DOT tire, why not try the Hoosier Drag Bracket Radial?
28x10.5-17.
I think those are some good tires but for some of us they do need to be DOT. I told Hoosier years ago they need a 28-29" tall DOT drag radial in a 17" They would have sold lots if they would have did back then. I have run Hoosier in the past and love them

Mike Jesse

Member ID
Reactions
City
Bremerton
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 SRT Super Stock 2022 Ram 1500 TRX
Hoosier is missing the boat on D2 DOT Radials too.
Nothing in a 28-29 in. for us.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Anyone have pictures or video of the 315 install?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Did someone say booty meats?

55FC41CC-FAFB-435E-B555-90D55E267860.jpeg

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
295/65r15 just in case anyone was asking, plenty of stock around and is what @HighHorseman was running for a long time. When I scoped it at Cecil I took notes, plagarism is the best form of flattery.

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
I have the forgestar d5s. 17 x 10 for the narrow body. And with the Hoosier radial slicks which are around 31 inches tall I do not get rubbing at the track. They are screwed to the rim. But when I get lazy after going to the track at 10pm and load the trunk up with 150-200 pounds of stuff they do rub. Maybe with a spacer they would not rub. I was thinking of running the Mickey Thompson radial front runners on the street which are six inches wide as compared to the 4 or 4.5 inch ones from the other manufacturers and a tall drag 17 inch radial on the back. Then no changing at the track. But I think someone told me the bead lock should not be run on the street. I can always not have them beadlocked.

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
These are sitting in my garage all deflated due to time. The last time I was at the track was the beginning of January. At a da of 4300 they were good enough for about a 1.37 60 foot and a 9.60.

Attachments