Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Will the government put a cap on Horsepower

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
B'ham
State
AL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger hellcat: Octane Red
I'm seeing a definite horsepower war, I believe it's inevitable that the government will put a cap on horsepower for production vehicles. More horsepower, more stupidity and more deaths. JMO

tkracing1

2000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
I'm seeing a definite horsepower war, I believe it's inevitable that the government will put a cap on horsepower for production vehicles. More horsepower, more stupidity and more deaths. JMO
I thought that years ago... and here we are still pushing the HP. With the new electric cars hitting 1000hp you would think they would at some point.

ChargerChallenger

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Nope cant see that happening but what I see happening is the EPA ICE age requirements cap the HP possibilities. And as a Manufacture what really is bing accomplished by creating 1000 HP ICE cars???? When you can win the EPA wars by making EV 1000 plus HP cars???? And as we all know put a 1000HP motor in our Hellcats and the traction issues is huge for daily driving. But hell yeah would love to see a 1000HP Factory Hellcat but can honesty say she will be off the road rather quickly for most since she will just bust loose way to easily.

vortecd

2000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Guess it may depend on whom is in the white house. The last President put demands on the manufacturers on gas mileage where are currant backed off some

MiHiHemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
All about bragging rights. Do you need it is another question.

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 CHALLENGER HELLCAT
That would against the 1st Amendment! "Too much horsepower, is just enough."