Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Winter storage of your Hellcats

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
They were spraying that brine crap like crazy in south carolina earlier this week. I'd say that they probably use it in Tennessee then.

BTW, south carolina roads suck.
As soon as it rains hard enough it washes away. Then on warm days you guys are good to go. We have been out it March before ourselves. I even did a late Feb once!

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
Drove mine today, 51deg after last weeks -16 to -33 in NW Ohio! Will drive it as long as there’s no snow or salt on the roads, I’m not killing my car with salt🤬🤬🤨

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Around 50 here also

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Around 50 here also
Same here...went from 18 degrees 4ft of snow,,65/70 mph winds..5 days ago...to 51 today,,go figure...

McLovin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Syracuse
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Same here...went from 18 degrees 4ft of snow,,65/70 mph winds..5 days ago...to 51 today,,go figure...
Can confirm. Been out working in it since last Thursday. Just got released to come home yesterday...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Can confirm. Been out working in it since last Thursday. Just got released to come home yesterday...
If you're in the Guard...or worked in any facet of the clean up...hats off to you..amazing job (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat WB
Was out yesterday for 42 miles on route 70. Dry and 58 degrees. I don't put it away for the winter but don't drive in rain or snow. Everyone has their own methods and reasons for getting through the winter.
Like a fine woman it's hard not to touch it for months at a time.
I'm sure there is more than one way to skin a cat.

McLovin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Syracuse
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
If you're in the Guard...or worked in any facet of the clean up...hats off to you..amazing job (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)
National Grid. Trying to get folks their power back.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
National Grid. Trying to get folks their power back.
Saw you guys all over town...once again..fantastic job...how you guys operate in those conditions is incredible...(y)(y)(y)(y)

McLovin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Syracuse
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Saw you guys all over town...once again..fantastic job...how you guys operate in those conditions is incredible...(y)(y)(y)(y)
Thanks. Much appreciated.

Had some things in this one that we had never seen before. 5 substations had snow blow into them creating huge drifts...then froze solid, popping the station breakers.

They ended up having to figure something out on the fly, so they put tarps over the entire station, and brought in giant salamander heaters to melt the ice. While all that was happening, you have crews patrolling the entire circuit to make sure there are no wires on the ground or laying across any houses or anything before you have close it back in.

Definitely time consuming / challenging...but it's a good feeling when you get power back to people.

Saw a lot of things that restore your faith in humanity, but also some things I could do without ever seeing again...

All good though. Got home Thursday around noon...slept until Friday morning...and had a late Christmas last night.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thanks. Much appreciated.

Had some things in this one that we had never seen before. 5 substations had snow blow into them creating huge drifts...then froze solid, popping the station breakers.

They ended up having to figure something out on the fly, so they put tarps over the entire station, and brought in giant salamander heaters to melt the ice. While all that was happening, you have crews patrolling the entire circuit to make sure there are no wires on the ground or laying across any houses or anything before you have close it back in.

Definitely time consuming / challenging...but it's a good feeling when you get power back to people.

Saw a lot of things that restore your faith in humanity, but also some things I could do without ever seeing again...

All good though. Got home Thursday around noon...slept until Friday morning...and had a late Christmas last night.
We had 5 employees stuck @ work the Friday before Christmas eve..I made it home Fri ...but went back out to rescue my drivers coming back from from Syracuse that got stuck 3 miles from work in 18 wheelers...had to abandon the trucks for 3 days.... first Christmas in 50 years spent away from family...but I couldn't leave my guys out there without food or water....the 5 of us spent Christmas eve at work we got out Christmas day..got all my people home Christmas day...finally made it home myself @ 5pm Christmas day...your right..it was the good the bad and the ugly (the looting)...and now..with the warm temps...and the non stop snow removal...it's like it never happened...

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Looting??

Wow...

McLovin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Syracuse
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Looting??

Wow...
Yup...

And not desperate folks looking for food or water. Televisions...furniture...you name it.
They knew that even if the security system had power...there was little chance the police would be able to respond.
Saw Police Commissioner on TV. He was PISSED. They had already made 13 arrests.

But at the same time? Lot's of stories like this....

Buffalo storm 'hero' known as 'Merry Christmas Jay' speaks out

McLovin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Syracuse
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
We had 5 employees stuck @ work the Friday before Christmas eve..I made it home Fri ...but went back out to rescue my drivers coming back from from Syracuse that got stuck 3 miles from work in 18 wheelers...had to abandon the trucks for 3 days.... first Christmas in 50 years spent away from family...but I couldn't leave my guys out there without food or water....the 5 of us spent Christmas eve at work we got out Christmas day..got all my people home Christmas day...finally made it home myself @ 5pm Christmas day...your right..it was the good the bad and the ugly (the looting)...and now..with the warm temps...and the non stop snow removal...it's like it never happened...
You're a good man (and boss). I felt the same way. Sucks being away from home on Christmas, but imagine the people freezing and without power. You do all you can and don't complain. Because other people have it much worse.

I was in the North Country on Christmas, so didn't get out your way until Monday.

Christmas Eve it was 4 degrees in Malone with 65 mph wind. And no warming shelters up there for folks. Good news is, the road conditions weren't near as bad, so folks could drive to stay with friends / relative who had power. Just took forever to get anything done. Hydraulics failing...every piece of equipment frozen...etc.

When I got out there on Monday, the roads were nearly impassible, but coworkers who had been there told me 'they're 100% better than they were yesterday'.

McLovin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Syracuse
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Getting back on topic...

What did I do to my Hellcat today? Felt grateful for being fortunate enough to own one.

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #36
Getting back on topic...

What did I do to my Hellcat today? Felt grateful for being fortunate enough to own one.
Or 2. BE4E68C9-50CA-421F-BE7F-EDD4A2BB7034.jpeg

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Man I’ve always loved the green
Me too, but my bank account isn't nearly as full of it as it should be.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Me too, but my bank account isn't nearly as full of it as it should be.
Before I bought my first Hellcat. I found a used 15 with 1500 miles on it for 47k I messaged the guy. I was going to look at it. It was 3 hrs away he asked for a down payment. I said no I’m on my way tho. He said not without a payment. So I said nope. Reported it. Guess what Facebook left the scam post up 🤦‍♂️

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City