Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Wow remember the days of 400-500HP LOL

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
We are in such a crazy time in our lives lol being we have at our hands factory race cars. And we all grew up with the electric race car tracks and we were addicted to the instantaneous speeds never realizing that would be us grown up in that car lol. We as an forum could never have imagined we would be part of the 700 plus Horse Power club. And for the record their is no other club of this factory HP. Wow to say the least and even for me I figured 4 plus years ago this would get crazy and would Dodge hang onto the baddest ass factory production car? And yes they have which is a hell of a statement that the others just can’t make the affordable production car with reliability in the masses and many platforms. Tim K truly is the leader of this and thank god he’s still around to support the brand and crazy HP. And we all know all it takes is some A Hole to take the reins of an incredible product and ruin it. So hats off to Tim K on giving us ICE Age lovers life in this changing world.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
HELL YEAH!

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger WB M6 Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Shit! When I was younger into fast cars mid late 90's 300-350 was top dogs! Oh man I remember my Z28 and how fast it was spanking Vettes LOL. Oddly enough ran into a late 90's TA with the ram air hood a few weeks ago and it really put how fast and far we've come into perspective.

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye
Doesn't seem very long ago I was impressed with a car that had 100HP/Ton :LOL:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Shit! When I was younger into fast cars mid late 90's 300-350 was top dogs! Oh man I remember my Z28 and how fast it was spanking Vettes LOL. Oddly enough ran into a late 90's TA with the ram air hood a few weeks ago and it really put how fast and far we've come into perspective.
My stock 2016 twin turbo v6 expedition el 4x4 with winch and all the other gear I haul around is faster 0-60 than a Ferrari 308 GTSI back in the 80s that all the schools kids drooled over....

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger WB M6 Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
My stock 2016 twin turbo v6 expedition el 4x4 with winch and all the other gear I haul around is faster 0-60 than a Ferrari 308 GTSI back in the 80s that all the schools kids drooled over....
Lol. Insane isn't it. My Wrangler has almost 300HP.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Oh hell yeah.....getting those 5.0 Fords back in the 80's and 90's to over 300 hp was the ticket. If you had one 350hp or more, you could really put it to someone.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
My 66 289 Mustang when it was massaged to run 13.5 was considered pretty bad ass....

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
400hp was always a milestone for me, 700 (707) blew my mind, just trying to conceive that much hp on tap, but I keep trying - one acceleration test at a time... lol

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
I remember when the first R/T 10 Vipers came out back around 1992. My dealer got one in and called me to come and see it. Nice car! Really Cool! And 400 hp !!!! We hadn't heard of 400 hp in US cars (let alone Dodge) in many, many years! No way could I afford one. Just dream about it.

I saw one on our local blvd. yesterday, just cruising along with a middle 50s driver. I came up along side in my RAM pickup. Checked it out for a second or two and kept going. There would have been a time when I'd ask the guy to pull over and show me his car but "meh", it just looked old and only had 400 hp. Big deal.

Can't believe I now have a Challenger with TWICE that horsepower! Geez! Thank you Lord!

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Someone has to keep the planet turning🤓

Hellion

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Johnstown
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
I remember my 1st car at 16 years old ran a low 16 in the 1/4 mile. I think it had 225hp. Five years later I had a 10 second street car. Very few cars at that time was that fast that were street cars. Now almost all your muscle cars runs 10's off the show room floor. Amazing to see the technology change over the last 30 - 40 years.

Anguish

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Windsor
State
OH
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
13 years ago I was driving my second Taurus station wagon. I had the v6 engine, with about 150hp, and it was pretty cool.
Being in my mid-thirties, income was starting to be decent, and I just managed to get into a Charger R/T. 350 hp HEMI. It was cool, but I always looked at the SRT folks with their 425hp engines with envy.
Fast-forward a decade and I was still in that R/T, drooling over Hellcats. Then I got a significant raise and literally overnight the plan of running the R/T into the ground was discarded and an order on a 'cat was placed.

There's always something better, but looking backwards... the SRTs of a decade ago were a joke compared to what we have easy access to today. This things are in supercar performance range for well-equipped-SUV price tags. We live in incredible times.

RedEye19FL

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradenton
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 TorRed Challenger RedEye
I'm a bit older than most of you guys (turned 73 last week). My first "hot" car was my father's '60 Ford Galaxy with the "very powerful" 352 cubic inch. Ha! Ha! I thought I could make it faster by adding two in line holly carburetors, air lift rear shocks (remember those?) and a cool Wynn's Friction Proofing decal. Boy was I wrong. But, I had fun pretending it was fast.:)

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I always would take my prior 200-400 hp cars to 80-100mph and romp on them. Of course they would accelerate, but it was just always just okay to me. Anyone surprised? I would think to myself, what if I had 600, say like 800 hp, how would that be on the street at this speed if I nailed it? Never forget the first day I drove my 707 hp Hellcat and satisfying that itch and curiosity. Yep, damn it, I needed a differential to make it quiet again:rolleyes: I was more patient with the RE.

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
I drove my dads a 48 hp VW Rabbit Diesel, or a 160 hp 76 Grand Prix l when I was a teenager My first car was an 85 Honda Civic CRX DX with a whopping 76 hp. Much better Power to weight ratio but come on. They were the very definition of "cant get out of its own way" 275 horse trans ams etc were holy grail cars. late 60s early 70s big block muscle cars were my ultimate car. First time I hit the gas on my 15 HC cured me of wanting anything else. just fking incredible. Even my 1320 puts a smile on my face.. SOOO happy to still be here for the 2nd Golden age of muscle.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I'm a bit older than most of you guys (turned 73 last week). My first "hot" car was my father's '60 Ford Galaxy with the "very powerful" 352 cubic inch. Ha! Ha! I thought I could make it faster by adding two in line holly carburetors, air lift rear shocks (remember those?) and a cool Wynn's Friction Proofing decal. Boy was I wrong. But, I had fun pretending it was fast.:)
Ladder bars, man