Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

vibration at 120 at a lost why

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 hellcat A8 and 2016 M6
Thread Starter #41
also took my caster/camber level and measured from the front tires to rear wheels and they also checked out

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #42
I thought about just using the jack stands and the string method to double check but I havent but still may

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
U need to get on an alignment machine. Any time ive made adjusments to the rear I get it re-aligned. If its off even a cunt hair off it will vibrate at really high speeds as ur tire starts to swell from heat.

These cars are really finicky when it comes to an alignment and make sure u go to a shop that does them often.

anything is possible....but I used my toe end plates and just checked and they checked ok. I know thats just rough check but still

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #44
I had the car 4 wheel aligned and tires road force balanced. And on the way home I found the car still had the vibration. When I got home I jacked it up and put it on 4 jack stands took the rear wheels off my grandson got it the car cranked it up put it in gear. In manual mode speed the car up and I could hear something strange on the passenger side now I think the problem is the axle on that side.

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #45
for you guys that have been down this road. I'm thinking now about going to 3.09 diff. anyway so why not do that and get redeye's for the 3.09. I have my demon springs in my tool box so just go ahead and just drop the cradle out do the diff.,axles and rear springs in one clip and also the aad dragpack does anyone see if I would run into any problem doing it all at one time?

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
anything is possible....but I used my toe end plates and just checked and they checked ok. I know thats just rough check but still
Just drive the speed limit and you’ll be fine

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
for you guys that have been down this road. I'm thinking now about going to 3.09 diff. anyway so why not do that and get redeye's for the 3.09. I have my demon springs in my tool box so just go ahead and just drop the cradle out do the diff.,axles and rear springs in one clip and also the aad dragpack does anyone see if I would run into any problem doing it all at one time?
You don’t have to drop the cradle to do any of that. Yes, I would do it all at the same time

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #48
Just drive the speed limit and you’ll be fine
the only problem with that is I like going to the track

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #49
You don’t have to drop the cradle to do any of that. Yes, I would do it all at the same time
I also bought the solid bushing's for the diff. so I think just dropping the cradle then I can replace the diff. bushing and the diff. itself and replace the axles and then just reinstall? The biggest problem I'm having now is being able to do the work. I have talked with demon performance about getting me a quote for the job I'll have to wait and see how much it will be if I can afford it thats what I will do

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #50
I love doing the work on my car myself...but I'm 66 and the weekend before christmas I lost my voice for the most part. But I just thought maybe it was just a bad cold and it would come back later.So I was running my car at the track until last month. Thats when I found out I was having the vibration problem. So I decided I wanted to replace the diff.,axles,springs, and driveshaft and that should cure the problem. So I start getting my parts like johnny cash one piece at a time....lol. And then I find out I have cancer for the 4th time and I had been noticing my energy and weight had been dropping so thats why I'm not able to do the work myself not because I dont want to I love and always have loved working on my myself. So you guys that have your health be good to people you love dont take anything for granted!!!!

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I also bought the solid bushing's for the diff. so I think just dropping the cradle then I can replace the diff. bushing and the diff. itself and replace the axles and then just reinstall? The biggest problem I'm having now is being able to do the work. I have talked with demon performance about getting me a quote for the job I'll have to wait and see how much it will be if I can afford it thats what I will do
You don’t need to drop the cradle to replace the diff, I literally just did it a few hours ago lol

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
You don’t need to drop the cradle to replace the diff, I literally just did it a few hours ago lol
I’ll do it all for you bring it by

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
IMG_0034.jpeg IMG_0035.jpeg

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I love doing the work on my car myself...but I'm 66 and the weekend before christmas I lost my voice for the most part. But I just thought maybe it was just a bad cold and it would come back later.So I was running my car at the track until last month. Thats when I found out I was having the vibration problem. So I decided I wanted to replace the diff.,axles,springs, and driveshaft and that should cure the problem. So I start getting my parts like johnny cash one piece at a time....lol. And then I find out I have cancer for the 4th time and I had been noticing my energy and weight had been dropping so thats why I'm not able to do the work myself not because I dont want to I love and always have loved working on my myself. So you guys that have your health be good to people you love dont take anything for granted!!!!
Oh no! Very sorry to hear that! Cancer sucks, know way too many people personally battling it it. Stay strong, I’ll keep you in my prayers

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
And don’t do solid bushings. That’ll make your vibration problems worse

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #56
Oh no! Very sorry to hear that! Cancer sucks, know way too many people personally battling it it. Stay strong, I’ll keep you in my prayers
Thanks the last cancer I had was Pancreatic Cancer I thought that would do me in but the man upstairs let me stay.that was 6yrs.ago and they now think the mass a have now may have stemmed off from it....the mass is beside my left lung and atop of my heart if it hadnt been for it also has wrapped around my vocal nerve that goes into your chest causing my voice problem I dont know how long it would have been before I would have went to the dr. so I have had colon,prostate,pancreatic cancer now this

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #57
I’ll do it all for you bring it by
I'm hoping Demon Performance will give me a good price and do the work for me if not.....I'm hardheaded and still will try myself a little bit at a time....lol

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #58
And don’t do solid bushings. That’ll make your vibration problems worse
I thought they would help? I'm also saving up for a redeye driveshaft I still think thats the problem the 4" alum. shaft

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thanks the last cancer I had was Pancreatic Cancer I thought that would do me in but the man upstairs let me stay.that was 6yrs.ago and they now think the mass a have now may have stemmed off from it....the mass is beside my left lung and atop of my heart if it hadnt been for it also has wrapped around my vocal nerve that goes into your chest causing my voice problem I dont know how long it would have been before I would have went to the dr. so I have had colon,prostate,pancreatic cancer now this
Man, I lost my voice pretty bad over 2 years ago now you have me worried.

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #60
Man, I lost my voice pretty bad over 2 years ago now you have me worried.
just go get a ct scan