Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

16 HC Challenger build

OP
Tuckerracing

Tuckerracing

Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Whitehouse
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #21
@Marc W For now plan on leaving the heads and rotating assembly stock, supercharger all stock except for pulley changes. Plan on running 305/45/17 MT ET Street R’s for now. Once the motor or supercharger fail then will start building the motor up and look at other options 4 link, 9” axle setup. I found a 2010 drag pak car that Is brand new with no motor or transmission and was trying to make a deal on it to build but they are a little high on price I think.

OP
Tuckerracing

Tuckerracing

Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Whitehouse
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #22
Ordered a Carbon Fiber trunk lid to try and shave some weight off and the AAD Harness bar until I can figure out what route to go on the cage.

16GoManGoHC2

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Thanks for the tip!
Please post if this works for you, I have a bit of Diff whine, it got better after a fluid fresh change with Amsoil 75/90 and 1/2 bottle of the Mopar additive but I’d be happier if it was not there at all

OP
Tuckerracing

Tuckerracing

Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Whitehouse
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #24
I am the point of needing to make a decision on the supercharger. Do I run the stock IHI and just change the upper pulley, install the intake spacers and thermal blanket or go ahead and change to a Whipple 4.5, Maggie or KB and sell all the stock stuff. Eventually I will have the motor built but for now leaving all the internals stock.

I would have the following parts to sale if I go aftermarket SC, the stock SC, a spare snout with Metco Hub, 2.85, 2.75, 2.65 and a 2.59 metco pulleys and a litens 2.85 kit with belt.

Just want to go the right route the first time and not have to do it twice.

16GoManGoHC2

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
I am the point of needing to make a decision on the supercharger. Do I run the stock IHI and just change the upper pulley, install the intake spacers and thermal blanket or go ahead and change to a Whipple 4.5, Maggie or KB and sell all the stock stuff. Eventually I will have the motor built but for now leaving all the internals stock.

I would have the following parts to sale if I go aftermarket SC, the stock SC, a spare snout with Metco Hub, 2.85, 2.75, 2.65 and a 2.59 metco pulleys and a litens 2.85 kit with belt.

Just want to go the right route the first time and not have to do it twice.
Get a different blower, it won’t be long turning a IHI that fast with solid pulleys that you will run into SC issues more then likely.

OP
Tuckerracing

Tuckerracing

Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Whitehouse
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #26
Which way would you go the aftermarket blower, KB, Whipple or Magnuson?

DMNkilr

Founding Member
Premium Account
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Highlands Ranch
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat
Which way would you go the aftermarket blower, KB, Whipple or Magnuson?
Depends on how it fits into your overall plan. All 3 are good blowers. All are going to need significant supporting mods to take advantage of their potential.
Or......use the stock blower and put a Hellion Twin Turbo kit on it (look at SouthernMinncat's build)

OP
Tuckerracing

Tuckerracing

Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Whitehouse
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #28
Have decided to go with the Magnuson 2650, ID1700 injectors, Tapped Performance triple pump setup, VMP 105mm throttle body. Will run on stock motor until this spring when I have a new one built.

The VMP throttle body showed up today. AAA9CDD4-B3E3-4CC7-8A00-064A136EBA97.jpeg 5E35F9CC-BB54-4AC8-912A-2C6D895EC52F.jpeg A75FCC43-B458-4574-98F0-5628A87E15EB.jpeg

Member ID
Reactions
City
Braselton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Oooh! Shiny!