Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2016 Hellcat Supercharger Bearings

OP
taderater
Member ID
Reactions
City
Montreal
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #41
Were you there this morning? If so I guess I missed you. I stopped by trying to find a resolution for my engine that keeps getting pushed back. At this rate I might get the car back in time to store it.
Sorry i missed you but the diagnoses took much less time than they predicted. I was astonished to see your car in a plastic shrink fit cover. Is it that they can't get parts?

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Sorry i missed you but the diagnoses took much less time than they predicted. I was astonished to see your car in a plastic shrink fit cover. Is it that they can't get parts?
Sorry I missed you, I got there later than planned.
They finally covered it last week. I mentioned someone had written in the dust. So they cleaned it and covered it.
Yes waiting on the back order engine. The delivery date has been pushed back 7 times so far. I don't have any hope it will be here on the 29th either. Unfortunately I can't seem to reach anyone with a bit of common sense.
There are 9 Redeye long blocks in Michigan. I mentioned 2 months ago I was willing to pay the difference in order to get the car on the road. Unfortunately the system will not allow it. Oddly I found out a 2018 and newer Hellcat motor has a different part number than 2015-17 motors and is quite a bit cheaper.🤷 Unfortunately also not available and would fall into the "that's not the part for your car" category. WTH!!!
If someone would have thought outside the box I could have had my car since late May instead of it sitting at the dealer.
I kinda wish they would buy it of me. Trade in value is pretty good at the moment.

OP
taderater
Member ID
Reactions
City
Montreal
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #43
Sorry I missed you, I got there later than planned.
They finally covered it last week. I mentioned someone had written in the dust. So they cleaned it and covered it.
Yes waiting on the back order engine. The delivery date has been pushed back 7 times so far. I don't have any hope it will be here on the 29th either. Unfortunately I can't seem to reach anyone with a bit of common sense.
There are 9 Redeye long blocks in Michigan. I mentioned 2 months ago I was willing to pay the difference in order to get the car on the road. Unfortunately the system will not allow it. Oddly I found out a 2018 and newer Hellcat motor has a different part number than 2015-17 motors and is quite a bit cheaper.🤷 Unfortunately also not available and would fall into the "that's not the part for your car" category. WTH!!!
If someone would have thought outside the box I could have had my car since late May instead of it sitting at the dealer.
I kinda wish they would buy it of me. Trade in value is pretty good at the moment.
Well that's the pits. Seems like protocol outweighs reason. Another issue is that it seems Chrysler could not care less, about the value of a car to its owner when it is down for such a long time, and when it is they who are holding things up. A buy back would be great if you get the price you want.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Well that's the pits. Seems like protocol outweighs reason. Another issue is that it seems Chrysler could not care less, about the value of a car to its owner when it is down for such a long time, and when it is they who are holding things up. A buy back would be great if you get the price you want.
Trade in values at the moment are 63-69k on the websites. That would give me what I paid for it new. The issue is replacing it with another that costs 20k more minimum. A Redeye another 11k more and a SuperStock would be more than 20k more than that.
There is nothing else in my fleet that I am thinking of trading up. LOL

If someone could get past the red tape I could get the car back quickly.

I also am not necessarily just asking for an upgrade engine. Once I realized the 2018 engine had a different part number, I tried to see about getting one . They are also in back order and I couldn't get that one either.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Trade in values at the moment are 63-69k on the websites. That would give me what I paid for it new. The issue is replacing it with another that costs 20k more minimum. A Redeye another 11k more and a SuperStock would be more than 20k more than that.
There is nothing else in my fleet that I am thinking of trading up. LOL

If someone could get past the red tape I could get the car back quickly.
They said they couldn't make the RE short block or '18 standard hellcat block switch because of protocol/red tape. But I bet if you did decide to take a trade in value and then trade up, they could do that. Then you'd see your car on their lot for sale the next week. Maybe that's what they're hoping for and waiting you out.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
They said they couldn't make the RE short block or '18 standard hellcat block switch because of protocol/red tape. But I bet if you did decide to take a trade in value and then trade up, they could do that. Then you'd see your car on their lot for sale the next week. Maybe that's what they're hoping for and waiting you out.
I wouldn't doubt it. If they took it on trade they would make it happen I'm sure.
At this point if they gave me high trade in value without having to buy another. I would take that and be done with it.
I have other crap I can play with.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I wouldn't doubt it. If they took it on trade they would make it happen I'm sure.
At this point if they gave me high trade in value without having to buy another. I would take that and be done with it.
I have other crap I can play with.
I hope I didn't fire you up. I don't mean to make you feel worse than you probably already do, but I hate the sh^& they pull. It's just a shi^^& deal all around. I've just begun to play with my '19 RE. I put a pulley on it and had the shaft(quickchange) and snout bearings swapped out to ceramic (my decision, no prob with them). I also put on a 95MM throttle body and other stuff. Bringing to Truestreet tomorrow for a tune. Car's got like 1800mi on it and it's already modded so warranty is not my issue, but when I hear some of the things that are inherently wrong with these it scares me a bit.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
No problem . LOL
There is another thing that sucks. We don't have a lemon law here in Canada. When the motor again doesn't show up on the date for the 7th time it will be 15.5 weeks. In many places in the US I would have something to go to at least.

OP
taderater
Member ID
Reactions
City
Montreal
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #49
Hurray! SC replaced with 68271244AN. I'll make a video and compare it to my earlier one.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Hurray! SC replaced with 68271244AN. I'll make a video and compare it to my earlier one.
Yay!!!
At least it didn't take 17.5 weeks like mine did.
I finally got mine back on Friday.
They called me to ask about the cat recall yesterday. I guess they decided not to do yours yet because of my issues.

OP
taderater
Member ID
Reactions
City
Montreal
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #51
Yay!!!
At least it didn't take 17.5 weeks like mine did.
I finally got mine back on Friday.
They called me to ask about the cat recall yesterday. I guess they decided not to do yours yet because of my issues.
So do you have the motor? Yes, Jimmy called and said there maybe issues but he didn't mention he called you. Thanks so much Jim. I made a video and and wow what a difference. Only the Hemi tick is prevalent. Newbie Question: is there a break in period for the SC?

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
So do you have the motor? Yes, Jimmy called and said there maybe issues but he didn't mention he called you. Thanks so much Jim. I made a video and and wow what a difference. Only the Hemi tick is prevalent. Newbie Question: is there a break in period for the SC?
I picked up the car on Friday. The "you need a new PCM" fiasco got figured out.
The factory ground stud was no good. They moved the grounds and voila, just like magic it is fine and starts. Sure glad they humored me and tried.
As for break in, you could drive it easy for a bit. I was at the track the next weekend when mine got done.
So I may not be the best person to ask.😂

Last edited:
OP
taderater
Member ID
Reactions
City
Montreal
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #53
I picked up the car on Friday. The "you need a new PCM" fiasco got figured out.
The factory ground stud was no good. They moved the grounds and voila, just like magic it is fine and starts. Sure glad they humored me and tried.
As for break in, you could drive it easy for a bit. I was at the track the next weekend.
So I may not be the best person to ask.😂
Great news. Will you be able to get to the track this season? Let me know if so, since I'd like to see you beat your record.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Great news. Will you be able to get to the track this season? Let me know if so, since I'd like to see you beat your record.
Yeah I will get out eventually. I will let you know when.