Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2020 GT500 goes 10.6@133!!!

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Yeah, I know I am swift-kicking some people's egos in the nuts here: but, be real - the only thing you are buying is the opportunity to do something special with this car (any car), it isn't guaranteed that you'll actually achieve it... no matter how delusional you are standing next to it in your matching jacket, hat, and golf shirt.

Easy fella, you just insulted the majority of Demon owners. :D

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I usually wear the hat or the shirt or the jacket... not all 3. :cool:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Shorts,,, sporting shorts??

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I dunno. I have seen some really fancy sports cars go to waste on the track/strip in the hands of a novice, and seen some seemingly really crappy cars wheeled to the limit - surpassing some really fancy sports cars along the way. No car is going to make someone a better driver, maybe just nanny them to safety along the way.

Yeah, I know I am swift-kicking some people's egos in the nuts here: but, be real - the only thing you are buying is the opportunity to do something special with this car (any car), it isn't guaranteed that you'll actually achieve it... no matter how delusional you are standing next to it in your matching jacket, hat, and golf shirt.
I disagree, the car can certainly make you faster even if your a novice. That’s a fact. An easier to control car with better response and throttle control. Lower to the ground. Tighter suspension. Tighter race seats. Will give you a faster time over another car this heavier, higher off the ground, more loose suspension. Just gonna be faster same person to same person. And even faster in capable hands.

just like a good driver can beat a novice driver in a less powerful car. That’s also a fact.

you are not able to give the reason someone will buy a car, as everyone buys a car for their own unique reasons despite how you might feel. Plenty of guys at car shows with a plaque of the car on the hood sitting next to who have no miles on the car and don’t even know the stats of their own car. Don’t compare people to those folks as they are not real enthusiasts or real drivers.
You certainly don’t know me or the reason for buying the car. What is a fact is that this gt500 is a beast of a car, and for a true driving experience i can say without even driving this gt500 that it would be way more fun to drive aggressively in it than my hellcat.
My hellcat drives the streets at 1000 whp and I would never attack turn or curve with the aggression I would put on the gt500. I wouldn’t have the confidence to throw my car around a turn at 70 mph. But I do have the confidence to drive my hellcat straight up to 200 mph.
Different cars for different styles. To each their own.

your statements are merely opinions not fact, don’t get them mixed up.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
I disagree, the car can certainly make you faster even if your a novice. That’s a fact. An easier to control car with better response and throttle control. Lower to the ground. Tighter suspension. Tighter race seats. Will give you a faster time over another car this heavier, higher off the ground, more loose suspension. Just gonna be faster same person to same person. And even faster in capable hands.

just like a good driver can beat a novice driver in a less powerful car. That’s also a fact.

you are not able to give the reason someone will buy a car, as everyone buys a car for their own unique reasons despite how you might feel. Plenty of guys at car shows with a plaque of the car on the hood sitting next to who have no miles on the car and don’t even know the stats of their own car. Don’t compare people to those folks as they are not real enthusiasts or real drivers.
You certainly don’t know me or the reason for buying the car. What is a fact is that this gt500 is a beast of a car, and for a true driving experience i can say without even driving this gt500 that it would be way more fun to drive aggressively in it than my hellcat.
My hellcat drives the streets at 1000 whp and I would never attack turn or curve with the aggression I would put on the gt500. I wouldn’t have the confidence to throw my car around a turn at 70 mph. But I do have the confidence to drive my hellcat straight up to 200 mph.
Different cars for different styles. To each their own.

your statements are merely opinions not fact, don’t get them mixed up.
None of that makes a lick of sense and here's why:

1. Just because the car carries you faster in spite of your absence of talent or skill does not make you a better driver. Just a better pilot. In the same way as having dulled vision and putting on expensive sun glasses "makes you better looking" versus actually seeing better. Developing an appreciation for vehicle dynamics is a life long journey - you don't get to opt into it with the signing of a cheque. Fact.

2. You are parroting my exact point about talent/skill often overcoming someone's financial outlay. Fact.

3. Why are we debating trophy queen cars? I thought this thread was about how the new GT 500 is allegedly handing the Hellcat its ass on a platter. Anything else is irrelevant to this discussion. Fact.

4. If you are taking this personally means it struck a very sensitive nerve, and you may very well overly identify with the issues I have highlighted. But, if it isn't you specifically that you are taking offense for, it is definitely within your circle of "friends". Keep in mind this was never directed at you specifically. Fact.

I will say this: if you built a "1000whp" Hellcat and cannot drive it into a corner without soiling yourself... well... you ruined the car. But, enjoy the GT500 if you get it.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Goes back to the old discussion of what makes agood team,, a fast car with a novice driver or a great driver with a piece of crap car. Happens every race and the pit crew helps. But pick 2 that work great and you have a winning team. I have 3, me, myself, and eye.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I got a line a on a rapid red gt500. Willing to deal MSRP.

not really a fan of that color

But im gonna chat tomorrow with them and see what’s the “deal”.

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
I got a line a on a rapid red gt500. Willing to deal MSRP.

not really a fan of that color

But im gonna chat tomorrow with them and see what’s the “deal”.
Cool, good luck

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

762CAT

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere in...
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat Challenger & Charger
Ford will make 5000 for 2 years if they get ordered. Most dealers will not order a GT500 for stock, something to keep in mind. Do not sit back waiting on an msrp deal, you’ll have to do a bit of work to find it. As of right now, only 1,173 GT500 have been ordered. IMO, I don’t think they will make more than 3000 cars for the 2 years.
I'm not sure I follow this. So a dealer has to buy into the Shelby program to get an allocation. 30% of Gt500s produced will be CFTPs. There are something like 3000 Ford and Lincoln dealers in the US. Dealers get a GT500 and GT350 allocation for buying into the program and other allocations are based off some other metric. Currently dealers are selling each other allocations and you are telling me there is room for 3827 more orders if there is a demand? Why do most dealers say they are sold out then and unable to order or get them? I'm about 1000% positive they'd have no issue selling 5000 GT5000 nationwide at MSRP.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
None of that makes a lick of sense and here's why:

1. Just because the car carries you faster in spite of your absence of talent or skill does not make you a better driver. Just a better pilot. In the same way as having dulled vision and putting on expensive sun glasses "makes you better looking" versus actually seeing better. Developing an appreciation for vehicle dynamics is a life long journey - you don't get to opt into it with the signing of a cheque. Fact.

2. You are parroting my exact point about talent/skill often overcoming someone's financial outlay. Fact.

3. Why are we debating trophy queen cars? I thought this thread was about how the new GT 500 is allegedly handing the Hellcat its ass on a platter. Anything else is irrelevant to this discussion. Fact.

4. If you are taking this personally means it struck a very sensitive nerve, and you may very well overly identify with the issues I have highlighted. But, if it isn't you specifically that you are taking offense for, it is definitely within your circle of "friends". Keep in mind this was never directed at you specifically. Fact.

I will say this: if you built a "1000whp" Hellcat and cannot drive it into a corner without soiling yourself... well... you ruined the car. But, enjoy the GT500 if you get it.
your right man.

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Your were right the first time..

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I usually wear the hat or the shirt or the jacket... not all 3. :cool:
you know you’ve had all 3 on lol

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

yeah I’m not getting into it. Lol. Just letting it go.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Haha. I agree.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
being a good boy tonight.
And by the way, while we’re racing for world records this weekend, no talk about gt500’s. Want the surprise to stick!

762CAT

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere in...
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat Challenger & Charger
you know you’ve had all 3 on lol
I like to wear Shelby stuff when I drive the Hellcat and Hellcat stuff when I drive the Shelby. It really throws people off.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Since all the California boys are coming with their fancy euro cars to race this weekend I brought a new graphic for my hellcat to cause them some distraction during the race.

image.jpg

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Since all the California boys are coming with their fancy euro cars to race this weekend I brought a new graphic for my hellcat to cause them some distraction during the race.

View attachment 8348
😂 Good one! Those Lambo driving Cali guys are all a bunch of liberals. It’s time to have some fun!! The weather is going to be perfect. I’ll tell Tommy to bring a set of those Demon Racing brake rotors they sell. You’ll probably need them by Sunday.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Just like we were we were speaking about quotes the other day. Great advertising aspect to bump the #s. Make 5,000 and sell as MSRP or make 3,000 and let the dealers grab the cash. I wouldn't touch it till year #2 like the Hell Cat. I pissed in my girl friends pants every day waiting for that 2 year mark. She is still pissed off,, ha. Has not ridden in the car but onece but then a gain she is not the queen of the double wide. Dodge has been awaiting on this. There are more snitches in the auto business than Wash me not ton. They are 5 years ahead of what Motor Trendous wants us to know. Let the war continue. Engineering and advertising at te right time makes for $$$$$.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country