Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

20x7 Front and 17x11 Rear Widebody Challenger

OP
HRJ

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
Thread Starter #41
Best pic I have until the weather cooperates (crappy photo, sorry)

A4E49CFC-AD26-4C4E-997C-9240A2B55329.jpeg

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye

Slows2k

Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger
Those look great, I’ll need to keep putting change in the piggy bank.

OP
HRJ

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
Thread Starter #44
Better pics today. I drove it down the road and back and there’s no shake at all..... it has to be the way it was set up on the machine. The tech balanced them anyway at the time so it balanced despite the wobble. I followed my wife back down the road and the wheels didn’t wobble at all. Still gonna keep a sharp eye out in the meantime.

E8D0CC1A-C94E-489F-BA7C-D8BB2E41A94A.jpeg 3E993189-7444-4626-B7AC-22C4B8E2ABDA.jpeg ECBF52F8-3B50-476A-890C-CD0E002C77C7.jpeg B3BF98DA-5907-42DA-BF53-AF8AAF529111.jpeg

OP
HRJ

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
Thread Starter #45
Also, special thanks goes out to Ron Silva. He gave me a lot of help with all of this. Ron’s been a help of many of us on this and other boards and we’re a lot better for it. Thanks sir!

I’d tag him but I’m a dumbass and don’t know how lol

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
OP
HRJ

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
Thread Starter #47
OP
HRJ

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
Thread Starter #48
I'm replacing the studs today. I'm running the fronts at 40psi..noticed that they grew 4-5 psi on the drive in to work. Not sure if that's acceptable or indicative of under-inflation. Any input is appreciated.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
That was me. And I find it amazing you couldn't get 4 totally good MT's OR that Weld can't make a wheel fit correctly for a specific car they're going on (AND they're not free..$$$). This has always been a problem with aftermarket stuff. I've been dealing with it forever. But you would think with all the CAD designing and CNC processes involved AND the premium prices being paid today, they could just make a piece that works out of the box. Additionally, for that matter why cant the make them fit with stock studs? This is what takes the wind out of your sails sometimes when you want to modify because the stock stuff just doesn't look quite like, you like, etc. You just know your gonna hit problems like this and the stock stuff WORKS and has been safety tested etc. Eh, maybe I'm just getting old
[/QUOTE]
All weld wheels are made using 3 different centers, high, med and low pad and then by juggling inner and outer rings. Rings are in 1/2" increments until they max out. So you can juggle centers and outer rings as you please adjusting the width and backspace by 1/2". After you understand this you can design custom wheels to your own specs, like I did with the Low Pad 17X10 wheel for the Demon. They did not want to build them for me but I said I would be "responsible" for the fitment. You can build any wheel you want with their part number structure if you know how to break it down. They are not going to build a custom one off center for the Hellcat.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
I'm replacing the studs today. I'm running the fronts at 40psi..noticed that they grew 4-5 psi on the drive in to work. Not sure if that's acceptable or indicative of under-inflation. Any input is appreciated.
Heavy car on a small tire. That is about right, 4-5 psi. If that tire is 51 max psi on the sidewall I would go to 45 cold. If 44 on sidewall, I would run 44 cold.

To tag someone you type the @ symbol and then type the first 2 or 3 letters of their user name and then the computer will show you all the possibilities and you can drag down and select the one you want. Wala ! This is on a PC.

Last edited:
OP
HRJ

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
Thread Starter #51
Thank you for the input on both topics!

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
I'm happy to hear that the car rides smooth w the new wheels. Looks like you're almost ready to head to the track with it. :)

OP
HRJ

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
Thread Starter #53
I'm happy to hear that the car rides smooth w the new wheels. Looks like you're almost ready to head to the track with it. :)
Gettin' there for sure. I have to finish break in period first, then of course the tracks gotta open back up. What I'm really looking forward to is hunting down a couple of boys I know out in Mexico. :)

OP
HRJ

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
Thread Starter #54
The boys are halfway done getting the studs swapped out, too.

Last edited:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Having the "dealership" swap those out?

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Having the "dealership" swap those out?
Yes I think he has a connection there.........

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
All weld wheels are made using 3 different centers, high, med and low pad and then by juggling inner and outer rings. Rings are in 1/2" increments until they max out. So you can juggle centers and outer rings as you please adjusting the width and backspace by 1/2". After you understand this you can design custom wheels to your own specs, like I did with the Low Pad 17X10 wheel for the Demon. They did not want to build them for me but I said I would be "responsible" for the fitment. You can build any wheel you want with their part number structure if you know how to break it down. They are not going to build a custom one off center for the Hellcat.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the explanation. I follow it all except the high, med , low center thing. I never had that as a variable when I used to order wheels, don't know what that means or how it applies but I saw it on welds site when I looked at these exact style rims on there website @month ago. I've only dealt with width, backspacing, and offset.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Better pics today. I drove it down the road and back and there’s no shake at all..... it has to be the way it was set up on the machine. The tech balanced them anyway at the time so it balanced despite the wobble. I followed my wife back down the road and the wheels didn’t wobble at all. Still gonna keep a sharp eye out in the meantime.

View attachment 14535 View attachment 14536 View attachment 14537 View attachment 14538
Hope you don't take this the wrong way but I think they give it a real old school look and the chrome lip really sets'm off. I like'm a lot.

OP
HRJ

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
Thread Starter #59
OP
HRJ

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
Thread Starter #60
Hope you don't take this the wrong way but I think they give it a real old school look and the chrome lip really sets'm off. I like'm a lot.
No, I agree and I love the look.