Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

7th car announcement

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
I went TRX over the SS.
Figured the SS would always be available with the PD and the TRX might be somewhat limited.

OOPS

Now you can't get a SS under 110k and TRXs are starting to pile up on lots
Yep, I think I finally made a correct choice:ROFLMAO: plus I have a Ram truck..so the SS is my toy.
My dealer just sold a black TRX for $1500 under msrp, guy traded his 2019 Ford Raptor in on it.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
911 Turbo is what has my attention. Needs to have a good amount of power, be awd, and look good going down the road. Turbo S for the right money, but those have carbon ceramic brakes and I'd not want to have to replace those.

Thinking about this today, Dodge just makes bad business decisions I think. They have some design teams and engineers that make some very cool cars that get them through. Other than the RAM truck line and the "Brother Hood of Muscle" can anyone think of other products offered? I don't count Jeep I consider that it's own thing. So they have two major sales products that don't get great gas mileage and they focused on selling and promoting those heavily. Dodge knew these new cafe standards would go in to effect in 2024 probably before any of us did and yet they didn't plan accordingly which seems strange.

Maybe they tried with the Dart (not popular) or the Fiat 500 (worse) but they should have been developing some smaller hipster attracting cars several years ago and we wouldn't be talking about the Hemi V8 going away. Chevy and Ford seem to have figured it out. I can name several models other than Mustang, Camaro, and Corvette that those companies offer that are econo box fuel efficient vehicles for the masses. I can't think of one from Dodge though.

P.S - I found out where all the marketing dollars were spent :(

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
yep, the pussification of Dodge is just about complete :mad:

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
911 Turbo is what has my attention. Needs to have a good amount of power, be awd, and look good going down the road. Turbo S for the right money, but those have carbon ceramic brakes and I'd not want to have to replace those.

Thinking about this today, Dodge just makes bad business decisions I think. They have some design teams and engineers that make some very cool cars that get them through. Other than the RAM truck line and the "Brother Hood of Muscle" can anyone think of other products offered? I don't count Jeep I consider that it's own thing. So they have two major sales products that don't get great gas mileage and they focused on selling and promoting those heavily. Dodge knew these new cafe standards would go in to effect in 2024 probably before any of us did and yet they didn't plan accordingly which seems strange.

Maybe they tried with the Dart (not popular) or the Fiat 500 (worse) but they should have been developing some smaller hipster attracting cars several years ago and we wouldn't be talking about the Hemi V8 going away. Chevy and Ford seem to have figured it out. I can name several models other than Mustang, Camaro, and Corvette that those companies offer that are econo box fuel efficient vehicles for the masses. I can't think of one from Dodge though.

I love the size of the challenger. It’s an amazing street car. But I will say also having the charger they should have maybe made the challenger smaller and kept the chargers its size.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
With the same power plant I agree.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
"Swarming the Nation" - yeh, like a swarm of mosquito's in the swamp & every bit as welcome :sleep:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I think they should have just had the Demon slot over the Hellcat and kept selling it.
The crate package should have been a DC thing that you ordered at the dealership.

They basically sold the Demon from 2020-present in the form of the Super Stock.

Then they wouldn't have to worry about the collector bullshit and those Demons would probably have ended up drag strips instead of garages.

Just watched that vid. Youve got to be shitting me. Hahahhahahahaahaha man that is lame. Hellcat to hornet / leper-con....

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I think there's another piece to all this as well. Some of us have been around the Dodge brand for a lotta years. Me, Linda, a few others, but I think a lot of people jumped on board after the Hellcat was introduced. Everyone wants to be your friend when you're the baddest on the block. This brought in people coming from Vettes, Vipers, BMWs, etc that really didn't know any history on the GENIII Hemi platform.

As a result lots of people aren't keen on the sticker and badge mantra Dodge has historically had. None of those older "special" models are worth anymore than a standard model today as far as I know so I suspect those 1-6 "special" models will be the same way. Black Ghost "might" be an exception but I doubt it once the hype subsides.

The only potential exception(s) will be Demon, but I'm not even sure on that one once Demon owners aren't swapping them back and forth on BAT anymore and the hype at Mecum/Barret wears off. I've said before I've had friends that couldn't sell them when they tried so even now you have to be in the right place/right time to get something for them. This 7th car will be a question mark but depending on how many are made probably has the most potential "for now" until Dodge comes back out with some kind of V8 once their sales tank as expected in 2024. The 2008 SRT8 Challenger limited and numbered on the dash 6400 units was supposed to be a one year deal and look where we are now. You can go back on some old forums and find my posts warning people back then, and I got a lot of hate then too. Two years later those people that paid $10-20K over MSRP were eating crow. History definitely repeats itself.

These last 1-6 specials were a way for Dodge to help Dealers get ADMs and really pump profit for 2023 since they probably realize 2024 is gonna be tough.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I doubt Dodge sees another V8 anytime soon.
They invested into the I6TT

I do think we see an ICE car with the 510hp I6TT and the hybrid transmission making 700hp.
I could also see a DC turbo kit for that car pushing upwards of 1000hp to compete with car #7.

But this is a European brand now. It was a fun run while it lasted but there is 0 reason to support the FCA stuff after 2023. Unless maybe the 24 TRX has the Hellcat in it. But after that, pass.

At least the EV lovers will finally get a cool looking car in the Charger.

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
They will sell the dodge brand again and Ford will buy it and it will be weird:unsure:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Time will tell, but will be a hard sell to even TT I6 to be honest. I'm personally not opposed if it's in a smaller platform and more "sporty" but for 20+ years it's been V8 muscle, brotherhood, part of the cool kids club, etc. That's gonna be like asking a zebra to change it's stripes I'm afraid. Especially with Ford and Chevy continuing V8 platforms and development.

Also, I did read a rumor Dodge is already working on the next iteration of the V8. Could just have been a simple rumor though. When sales are in the toilet what are they gonna do?

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Is new video out yet?

Hayabusa

HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lunatic Fringe
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 WB Redeye, Sublime
Scream...I am screaming...but not in a good way :oops:

The 215 mph did cause a bit of bloodflow though :LOL:

Last edited:

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
ok gents, 1582...I'm too tired so I will sit back and enjoy...

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Got one of those S things in the garage. It’s the wife’s and yes… it’s got ceramic brakes 😗 84AE094C-1583-4496-A47F-B4C539677EBD.jpeg 28BD0D77-6469-4678-A2CA-7936DD2640DD.jpeg

Last edited:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Got one of those S things in the garage. It’s the wife’s and yes… it’s got ceramic brakes 😗 View attachment 99853 View attachment 99854
I came back after a long hiatus from the Mopar brand. Now we have 3 and don't see anymore in the future.

You guys have me looking and learning about these 911 turbo cars.

Damn it all!

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
ok gents, 1582...I'm too tired so I will sit back and enjoy...
I’m wondering if they have a 1/4 mile number that they got (like they did with the Demon) and that’s going to be a big wow factor. The formula (3.02x2.98) equals 8.99. The 1582 could be mph (158.2) as that would be right for that et. Or it could be the density altitude it was run at (poor for this time of year) because that is what that instrument is used for. If that’s the case…. This thing will blow the Demon’s doors off and will probably be in much more limited numbers. Can you say… $300k

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
See other thread...

: )

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I’m wondering if they have a 1/4 mile number that they got (like they did with the Demon) and that’s going to be a big wow factor. The formula (3.02x2.98) equals 8.99. The 1582 could be mph (158.2) as that would be right for that et. Or it could be the density altitude it was run at (poor for this time of year) because that is what that instrument is used for. If that’s the case…. This thing will blow the Demon’s doors off and will probably be in much more limited numbers. Can you say… $300k
Thinking the same.
Maybe it runs this number and it doesn't need all the bullshit the Demon needed to run a 9.65. Then again, I truly believe the Demon was made to run 10 flat and they went all out to see how fast they could make it run.

Now the limit is 9 flat.

Kick ass car no one will ever see at a drag strip. Kudos Dodge.
What else do you got?