Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

840HP Mode

Member ID
Reactions
City
Worcester
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Yes when people are speaking of any octane they are using the (R+M)/2 method. For example, VP MS109 specs are RON = 109 MON = 99, and (R+M)/2 = 104. In the USA, and Canada we use the average of those numbers. Other countries might not, and use just the RON or MON though. In short as long as you make sure the average of RON and MON are at or over 100 octane when using HO mode you are good to go. Use a fuel octane calculator to make sure you have the desired octane level (If you are mixing pump with race fuel).

Here is more info on octane:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating
Do you by chance know if it is worth going with the MS 109 (Reg) which is Ron 111 / Mon 100? I believe VP offers 3 different versions of the MS 109.... Not sure why but they do a damn good job of making things confusing.

OP
MaxCarnage

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #42
Do you by chance know if it is worth going with the MS 109 (Reg) which is Ron 111 / Mon 100? I believe VP offers 3 different versions of the MS 109.... Not sure why but they do a damn good job of making things confusing.
I would double check with your tuner and also find where you will be getting your race fuel. The race fuel distributor might only stock certain fuels (usually the more popular ones). Really depends on your goals. If you just need to get 100 octane for the HO mode, then all you gotta do is pick one of them then do the math to make sure you're over 100 octane when using HO mode. I'd talk to your tuner though, they can help guide you. If you can't find a local VP dealer, I'd suggest looking at Sunoco then.

Both the MS109 and MS109 reg are pretty close in octane though. The MS109 is 104 octane and the reg is 105.5. Usually I try to find the highest octane to run. Hope that helps!

OP
MaxCarnage

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #43
Pricing is now up on Tim Barth's website for HO upgrade, and other options you might want like flex fuel/pulley.
https://www.barthtuningstore.com/pr...MC8bVIo06px0Q8VqCYBpUsycdJqEbHGNvpfe_EP578IlI

I'm thinking I will do just the HO upgrade first, then add on what I need for flex fuel/E85 later.

According to Tim the HO mode should put me close(ish) to a Demon in power, besides my Redeye weighing more as well.

"It will have the demon spark for 100 octane. So it’s going to be what a demon is or close"

When I get a chance I'll have to dyno my car too, and see what power gains there are. Earliest I see myself getting the HO upgrade is spring, still waiting on more reviews.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
What are the 3 suspension modes available to the demon?

Street
Drag
???

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
Pricing is now up on Tim Barth's website for HO upgrade, and other options you might want like flex fuel/pulley.
https://www.barthtuningstore.com/pr...MC8bVIo06px0Q8VqCYBpUsycdJqEbHGNvpfe_EP578IlI

I'm thinking I will do just the HO upgrade first, then add on what I need for flex fuel/E85 later.

According to Tim the HO mode should put me close(ish) to a Demon in power, besides my Redeye weighing more as well.

"It will have the demon spark for 100 octane. So it’s going to be what a demon is or close"

When I get a chance I'll have to dyno my car too, and see what power gains there are. Earliest I see myself getting the HO upgrade is spring, still waiting on more reviews.
My guess is if you go with trans tuning a redeye should out run a stock demon. That is the route I was thinking for now after I get this lower pulley on.

OP
MaxCarnage

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #46
What are the 3 suspension modes available to the demon?

Street
Drag
???
Suspension modes are Street, Sport, Track for a Redeye. Not 100% sure, but I'd guess Street, Track, Drag. Since Sport mode is pretty much Drag mode anyway (softer suspension allowing for more weight transfer).

OP
MaxCarnage

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #47
My guess is if you go with trans tuning a redeye should out run a stock demon. That is the route I was thinking for now after I get this lower pulley on.
Interesting Idea. I wasn't sure if you could get a trans tune without an engine tune. I'd have to ask Barth about that. Plus if I went E85, I don't know if I'd need another tune for the trans or not. I just figured getting the HO upgrade was a good start. I prefer to do things in stages so it doesn't feel like I'm shelling out all my money in one year, lol. I've estimated the cost to be about $6k (parts not installed) for the HO upgrade with custom engine/trans tune with Flex/E85 setup. However, I asked Tim if I just started with the HO upgrade, and wanted to upgrade to a custom flex tune later, if I'd have to send my ECU back in. He said no, so that gives me a good starting point.

The only other alternative I've been thinking of is HO upgrade plus 3.17 pulley stock tune. I don't really like that idea though. I know it's said to be safe on pump 93, but I just don't know if I really trust more than stock boost without a custom tune. E85 makes great power, it's just a matter of paying a bit extra for the fuel requirement needed for it (Mostly injectors and a bit extra for flex tuning).

I'll be curious to see reviews of the HO upgrade, and or flex tuning. Please post up if you end up getting either!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Staunton
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye
Not much to say yet, but really excited. Dropped off my 19 Redeye Saturday morning with Satera, should be an exciting yet suspenseful week. Jeremy and Tim will be working together to perform all their magic. Let them loose with it, and now for a slow work week as I wait for updates and pics. TRIFECTA, Go Mango.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Satera tunes with HPT...also wonder if HO will be possible without Diablo in this case or if you must switch to run that. It's already been stated that flex will work with either.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Interesting Idea. I wasn't sure if you could get a trans tune without an engine tune. I'd have to ask Barth about that. Plus if I went E85, I don't know if I'd need another tune for the trans or not. I just figured getting the HO upgrade was a good start. I prefer to do things in stages so it doesn't feel like I'm shelling out all my money in one year, lol. I've estimated the cost to be about $6k (parts not installed) for the HO upgrade with custom engine/trans tune with Flex/E85 setup. However, I asked Tim if I just started with the HO upgrade, and wanted to upgrade to a custom flex tune later, if I'd have to send my ECU back in. He said no, so that gives me a good starting point.

The only other alternative I've been thinking of is HO upgrade plus 3.17 pulley stock tune. I don't really like that idea though. I know it's said to be safe on pump 93, but I just don't know if I really trust more than stock boost without a custom tune. E85 makes great power, it's just a matter of paying a bit extra for the fuel requirement needed for it (Mostly injectors and a bit extra for flex tuning).

I'll be curious to see reviews of the HO upgrade, and or flex tuning. Please post up if you end up getting either!
I will let you in on a little secret. The member here with the Demon and a Redeye that is from Canada that is saying that the 3.17 is safe no tune in his testing is a Litens distributor working with HHP. We have data logged my stock redeye. I would not do it. I called HHP they don't adise doing it without a tune. I called OST they don't advise doing it without a tune. Let the madness begin.

OP
MaxCarnage

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #51
I will let you in on a little secret. The member here with the Demon and a Redeye that is from Canada that is saying that the 3.17 is safe no tune in his testing is a Litens distributor working with HHP. We have data logged my stock redeye. I would not do it. I called HHP they don't adise doing it without a tune. I called OST they don't advise doing it without a tune. Let the madness begin.

Well I appreciate the information. I'm not a fan of doing anything with added power that doesn't involve a custom tune. The HO upgrade being an exception because it's factory tune tables taken from a Demon. So the 3.17 pulley likely will be a no from me, I'll focus more on flex tuning when the time comes.

OP
MaxCarnage

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #52
Not much to say yet, but really excited. Dropped off my 19 Redeye Saturday morning with Satera, should be an exciting yet suspenseful week. Jeremy and Tim will be working together to perform all their magic. Let them loose with it, and now for a slow work week as I wait for updates and pics. TRIFECTA, Go Mango.
Cool, what all are you having done?

Member ID
Reactions
City
Worcester
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye

Thanks for the link! Apparently I need to start with a "Boost for Dummies" book. My Redeye is my very first FI car, everything else I've ever had was NA builds. Also my first automatic so even the transmission tuning is all new to me. So if I don't select the custom tune option my car will be on it's stock tune unless I'm in HO mode? What is the Trinity 2 option? Transmission tune... I don't even know what to ask for unless they're simply increasing the firmness of the shifts and the rpm it shifts at (I probably wouldn't want more than another 100 to 200 rpm). By reading others posts I assume if I go with the 3.17 pulley I should get a custom tune?

The only thing about my Redeye that I'm still not fond of is even when I hold the button down for 5 or 6 seconds and shut traction/stability full off, it does not seem to be full off, maybe 90% off. If I take some of the exact same corners that I did with my Viper's (GenIII and GenIV (no traction control)) and start to drift, as soon as my RE feels any choppiness to the road surface I swear it pulls a massive amount of HP, especially when this occurs between my 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd shift points. I hate when I feel like my car is controlling my driving style instead of my driving style controlling the car. Does any of the tuning rectify this??

Huge thanks in advance from this Hellcat rookie!

OP
MaxCarnage

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #54
Thanks for the link! Apparently I need to start with a "Boost for Dummies" book. My Redeye is my very first FI car, everything else I've ever had was NA builds. Also my first automatic so even the transmission tuning is all new to me. So if I don't select the custom tune option my car will be on it's stock tune unless I'm in HO mode? What is the Trinity 2 option? Transmission tune... I don't even know what to ask for unless they're simply increasing the firmness of the shifts and the rpm it shifts at (I probably wouldn't want more than another 100 to 200 rpm). By reading others posts I assume if I go with the 3.17 pulley I should get a custom tune?

The only thing about my Redeye that I'm still not fond of is even when I hold the button down for 5 or 6 seconds and shut traction/stability full off, it does not seem to be full off, maybe 90% off. If I take some of the exact same corners that I did with my Viper's (GenIII and GenIV (no traction control)) and start to drift, as soon as my RE feels any choppiness to the road surface I swear it pulls a massive amount of HP, especially when this occurs between my 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd shift points. I hate when I feel like my car is controlling my driving style instead of my driving style controlling the car. Does any of the tuning rectify this??

Huge thanks in advance from this Hellcat rookie!
Correct you'll be on the stock tune if you're not in HO mode, and you haven't gotten a custom tune. You can however, as I have stated above get a custom tune later if you desire. For both non HO and HO mode (Pump tune/Race gas tune). Trinity 2 is the Diablo handheld tuner, it will be needed IF you get a custom tune. Transmission tune just like a custom tune is optional. The transmission tune would optimize the cars shifts and rev limit. I don't think they'd raise the shift limit much if at all. If you get any pulley in my personally opinion as well as others I'd be safe and get a custom tune. I'm not a fan of running on the edge of a tune hoping my car will compensate for something it wasn't tuned for.

I would concentrate on what your goals are, HP, ET, and what fuel you want to run (or have access to). Talk to a tuner like Tim Barth and ask him these questions. I've emailed him and chatted with him over FB messenger. I'd ask Tim for example about the traction control. I put my traction in Sport when I race 1/4 mile. It turns off traction control (leaves on stability), but leaves on stability control. I've had zero issues feeling like it pulls power when it slips. I have not however, taken any sharp corners with my car to test that out. From my understanding Track setting is for road racing and taking corners hard.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Stock - Track Mode I cannot detect a loss of power with very aggressive driving (you would not be close to this aggressive on the street) or with a bit of slippage (closed course and I have driven the piss out of them). Can't speak for the other modes. Sport Mode will allow you to drift from what I understand.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Staunton
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Cool, what all are you having done?
2.85 upper,ID1300 injectors for E85, cat delete, HO Kit, Flex Fuel and black key boost bleed off. Then some trans & engine tuning to make it all work. Very excited to say the least. Will share more as stories come available.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
In for boost bleed feedback...

You are going with the HO kit as designed with Diablo tuning correct?

OP
MaxCarnage

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #58
2.85 upper,ID1300 injectors for E85, cat delete, HO Kit, Flex Fuel and black key boost bleed off. Then some trans & engine tuning to make it all work. Very excited to say the least. Will share more as stories come available.
Awesome! It will be a beast for sure! You running Baps or upgrading fuel pumps?

Member ID
Reactions
City
Staunton
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Awesome! It will be a beast for sure! You running Baps or upgrading fuel pumps?
BAP for now. I imagine triples some day if I continue to chase but I for this next season I plan to play with these mods.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Staunton
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
In for boost bleed feedback...

You are going with the HO kit as designed with Diablo tuning correct?
Yes Diablo, currently is the only option I believe to play with HO kit. Satera and Barth are teaming up on this project this week to get her dialed in with what I'm calling the Trifecta of mods.