Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

840HP Mode

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
I will let you in on a little secret. The member here with the Demon and a Redeye that is from Canada that is saying that the 3.17 is safe no tune in his testing is a Litens distributor working with HHP. We have data logged my stock redeye. I would not do it. I called HHP they don't adise doing it without a tune. I called OST they don't advise doing it without a tune. Let the madness begin.

Tell me more about why not to run the 3.17. Post your datalog and the info to support it. Here is a data log from my redeye with the incognito. Just snap shot of the highs and lows. I want learn but I see nothing wrong. image.jpg

Member ID
Reactions
City
Port orchard
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 redeye
Tell me more about why not to run the 3.17. Post your datalog and the info to support it. Here is a data log from my redeye with the incognito. Just snap shot of the highs and lows. I want learn but I see nothing wrong. View attachment 11067
What was the DA air? And what is your elevation? About 17lbs boost?

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
What was the DA air? And what is your elevation? About 17lbs boost?
55 outside around 200 elevation. I have some logs when it was -1100 da also. 17psi around 5500 rpm if I remember correctly.
I’m kind of off topic of the original post.

OP
MaxCarnage

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #84
Curt can flex tune that way as well though. Like I stated earlier, Curt offers options. If you know you have high quality E85 like Ignite, the tune can adjust for that and be aggressive. Because I use pump E85, he has mine set a little less aggressive to account for ethanol variability. Personally, I think the HO deal is just a "cool" feature that lots of people will want but won't do much different than previous dual tunes, but it appeals to people that want to have push button module and screen that displays HO mode. Again though, unless its doing something different, that's my opinion.
It is doing something different. Maybe not for your Hellcat, but certainly for my Redeye. Enabling drag mode, and enabling killer chiller in drag mode. Also while Curt can offer different options and make a more aggressive tune, it's still NOT using an ethanol sensor and is going off of anticipated logic. We are talking about both flex and HO upgrade, which are 2 different options. You can get them together or separately.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
It is doing something different. Maybe not for your Hellcat, but certainly for my Redeye. Enabling drag mode, and enabling killer chiller in drag mode. Also while Curt can offer different options and make a more aggressive tune, it's still NOT using an ethanol sensor and is going off of anticipated logic. We are talking about both flex and HO upgrade, which are 2 different options. You can get them together or separately.
I believe the chiller already works in drag mode on the Redeye, is this allowing it to operate in other modes?

OP
MaxCarnage

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #86
I believe the chiller already works in drag mode on the Redeye, is this allowing it to operate in other modes?
Redeye doesn't have drag mode, only the Demon (also 1320) does. The Redeye's killer chiller works only in Track mode only. This will allow Redeye's to have Drag mode, and for the Killer Chiller to work in drag mode. Right now when I go to the track I use custom mode and can't use Killer chiller in custom mode. So I usually push it in track mode, up until the burnout, then pop it into custom mode for the rest. Having drag mode and killer chiller working together, would just simplify things.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Redeye doesn't have drag mode, only the Demon (also 1320) does. The Redeye's killer chiller works only in Track mode only. This will allow Redeye's to have Drag mode, and for the Killer Chiller to work in drag mode. Right now when I go to the track I use custom mode and can't use Killer chiller in custom mode. So I usually push it in track mode, up until the burnout, then pop it into custom mode for the rest. Having drag mode and killer chiller working together, would just simplify things.
Yea, I misspoke, I meant to say the Redeye chiller works in track mode currently not drag mode. So this adds drag mode which is a nice feature. Also, these cars don't have a Killer Chiller, that's a product by Kincaid. The SRT version is called Power Chiller.

OP
MaxCarnage

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #88
55 outside around 200 elevation. I have some logs when it was -1100 da also. 17psi around 5500 rpm if I remember correctly.
I’m kind of off topic of the original post.
Not sure if you mentioned what octane fuel you are running? Steven Ripa said 93 octane is needed for the Redeye/Demon, but 91 works just fine for a Hellcat/Trawkhawk with the incognito. I talked to Paul Georges (I think he works with Litens). He said he's seen no more than 1 degree of timing retard with the 3.17 on his Demon and Redeye during testing. I told him others seemed to have different results with the 3.17 pulley. He said 93 octane is required for that pulley. It's supposed to pick up about 50rwhp on the Redeye and 65rwhp with HO mode.

Personally I don't trust any added pulley without a tune for it. That and can the incognito's extra mass to the stock pulley cause an imbalance issue? I like that the Litens one is at least a decoupler style (same as stock).

So your logs are showing no knock issues, if I am reading that right? Both the 3.17 and incognito add about the same amount of boost. You'd think they'd both have about the same results.......

OP
MaxCarnage

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #89
Yea, I misspoke, I meant to say the Redeye chiller works in track mode currently not drag mode. So this adds drag mode which is a nice feature. Also, these cars don't have a Killer Chiller, that's a product by Kincaid. The SRT version is called Power Chiller.
Correct, and I'll do my best to call it the Power Chiller from now on, lol. @Hemituner would be the best person to ask questions about this HO upgrade. From my understanding he's the one that did all the work on it, to make it happen. So he might know if older Hellcat models might be able to use this in the future. From my understanding Pre 18' Hellcats had different PCM programming, and that might be what's stopped them from not being able to allow this to work with 15'-17' model years.

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
Not sure if you mentioned what octane fuel you are running? Steven Ripa said 93 octane is needed for the Redeye/Demon, but 91 works just fine for a Hellcat/Trawkhawk with the incognito. I talked to Paul Georges (I think he works with Litens). He said he's seen no more than 1 degree of timing retard with the 3.17 on his Demon and Redeye during testing. I told him others seemed to have different results with the 3.17 pulley. He said 93 octane is required for that pulley. It's supposed to pick up about 50rwhp on the Redeye and 65rwhp with HO mode.

Personally I don't trust any added pulley without a tune for it. That and can the incognito's extra mass to the stock pulley cause an imbalance issue? I like that the Litens one is at least a decoupler style (same as stock).

So your logs are showing no knock issues, if I am reading that right? Both the 3.17 and incognito add about the same amount of boost. You'd think they'd both have about the same results.......
Yeah zero knock but I run 93.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Correct, and I'll do my best to call it the Power Chiller from now on, lol. @Hemituner would be the best person to ask questions about this HO upgrade. From my understanding he's the one that did all the work on it, to make it happen. So he might know if older Hellcat models might be able to use this in the future. From my understanding Pre 18' Hellcats had different PCM programming, and that might be what's stopped them from not being able to allow this to work with 15'-17' model years.
Yea, I don't see the pre 18 models being able to use it without a lot more upgrades. No big deal I don't need it.

Frenchcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
t-r
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Tell me more about why not to run the 3.17. Post your datalog and the info to support it. Here is a data log from my redeye with the incognito. Just snap shot of the highs and lows. I want learn but I see nothing wrong. View attachment 11067
I'm also interested on that pulley too! If you could add one more channel in your data reading, I would suggest "fuel pump duty cycle %". It could be also reassuring to see it. Thanks.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
@Hpindy data logged it for me he has all the logs. Hopefully he will post it. We data logged my Redeye completely stock. Could a 3.17 be done no tune sure but it's a risk for little reward.

Last edited:

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
@Hpindy data logged it for me he has all the logs. Hopefully he will post it. We data logged my Redeye completely stock. Could a 3.17 be done no tune sure but it's a risk for little reward.
When I get home I will see if I can post up you log in the same format . What I was looking for was injector duty cycle and fuel pump duty cycle . What I want to know before add power is my fuel system able to handle it . I seen "peak" numbers on marks logs of 80% duty cycle for both injector duty cycle and fuel pump duty cycle. I'm a cautious person and 80% the max I would go .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
This is a snap shot of MarkP's data log . As you can see 80% duty cycle on the injectors and fuel pump

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
This is why I highly recommend the jms plug n play boost a pump . It increases the fuel pressure.

OP
MaxCarnage

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #97
This is a snap shot of MarkP's data log . As you can see 80% duty cycle on the injectors and fuel pump

Do you know what stock duty cycle is? I wouldn't be bothered by 80% as long as my tuner approved of it. I wouldn't like to go any higher though! That -2 degree, is that the car pulling 2 degrees of timing? Sorry I'm a bit of noob when it comes to reading data logs, lol. Just curious if any other data looks off. I wouldn't do any of these pullies without a tune though. I think this is just good info to share, so others can be cautious about getting pullies without a tune. Was he running 93 pump? Or 94? Whatever you guys run in Canada? So syrup? lol

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Do you know what stock duty cycle is? I wouldn't be bothered by 80% as long as my tuner approved of it. I wouldn't like to go any higher though! That -2 degree, is that the car pulling 2 degrees of timing? Sorry I'm a bit of noob when it comes to reading data logs, lol. Just curious if any other data looks off. I wouldn't do any of these pullies without a tune though. I think this is just good info to share, so others can be cautious about getting pullies without a tune. Was he running 93 pump? Or 94? Whatever you guys run in Canada? So syrup? lol
This data log is from a stock redeye (markP) it's. Is pulling timing to to IAT temps . Like I said that my preference for a max of 80% duty cycle. Yes he was running 94 octane ( high octane maple syrup). I think the 3.17 upper or the incognito lower would be safe with the boost a pump for "weekend warrior " . If you are serious about racing then a tune is mandatory in my opinion

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Those logs that Hpindy took are from my redeye 100% stock no 3.17 litens no nothing 100% stock off of the showroom floor. 100% stock redeye data

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
Looks like the iat was high so it pulled timing b/c of the mph (155). Duty cycle looks good to me. Plenty of room